AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 13:19   Link #7261
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Wow have over 6 years of development time: it is very difficult to undermine the experiences which blizzard has learned and the effort the company has put into the game. Rome is not built in one day.

There prob will not be a "WoW killer", rather games that co-exist with WoW. Given that, I believe success would not be earned via copying the WoW style, but something innovative which will catch people's attention while they are not raiding/doing arenas/participating in various endgame content.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 13:30   Link #7262
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The new trailer for patch 4.1 confirms something I had suspected for over a year now. There was a mention that every 6 years all the Troll tribes would gather to discuss and trade...it has been six years...and now it has happened. Yet the Darkspear will turn their back on the others...only the Horde provide them a home now...their only friends. But it does give the revamped ZA ans ZG a backstory and mentions the fall of the other troll tribes.
Old 2011-04-26, 13:42   Link #7263
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It gives merit to the whole notion the Horde is in turmoil. Thrall was the diplomatic kind compared to any other major Orc leader. Garrosh couldn't careless, so no wonder Vol'jin ain't in a good mood. And no surprises Sylvanas is ready to betray Garrosh the moment opportunity strikes.

But in the end, my only interest is the mounts.

Btw is anyone else having issues with getting 4.1 to work? Once it reaches the launcher after doing the patch, it won't finish, leaving me stuck on 4.0.6 but thinking 4.1 is installed.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-04-26 at 14:12.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 15:41   Link #7264
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It gives merit to the whole notion the Horde is in turmoil. Thrall was the diplomatic kind compared to any other major Orc leader. Garrosh couldn't careless, so no wonder Vol'jin ain't in a good mood. And no surprises Sylvanas is ready to betray Garrosh the moment opportunity strikes.

But in the end, my only interest is the mounts.

Btw is anyone else having issues with getting 4.1 to work? Once it reaches the launcher after doing the patch, it won't finish, leaving me stuck on 4.0.6 but thinking 4.1 is installed.
Does it say anything? Or just stalls at that specific percent?
Old 2011-05-03, 09:10   Link #7265
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

A week into 4.1, the changes have been good. Archaeology is much better now. Zul'Gurub's makeover was a fine job. Children's Week had new pets. The new LFM is better as are some other UI aspects. Only thing I'm not keen in is that Zul'Aman's only change was having Zul'Jin replaced with Daakara's name. Everything else in that instance is the same. However, getting extra loot for more Maelstrom Crystals from either place is a good deal. Also, that guild level 23 buff is amazing. It's giving me so many extra tabtets in Archaeology and also a lot of double Disenchant mats.

And looks like the guild will do some form of raiding in 4.2 since Firelands is something of interest and a length they can handle with their IRL schedule.
Old 2011-05-03, 16:05   Link #7266
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
...There is practically no difference for the people who seldom do archaeology. Considering the fact that I am going for Zin'rohk and still missing the Dwarven staff, NE rares, and Nerubian rares...well...yeah you get the point. No real difference for a lot of people who just do archaeology once in awhile.

BTW, LF guild that wants a DPS warrior. I am decent at button pushing.
Old 2011-05-03, 18:24   Link #7267
problemedchild
ô_ô

Trade you that sword? I have no melee DPS to speak of :<
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 19:15   Link #7268
BlankVoid

I wish you could trade it to me. ): I have leveled at least 4 alts from 80-85 and two from 70's-85 all through archaeology. Have not seen either Dwarf staff or sword yet. After Firelands, they should at least up the chance for the damn sword...I mean really...
Old 2011-05-06, 16:02   Link #7269
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Finally finished that thrice damned Children's Week achievement set to get done with all the holiday Meta achievements (and thus the Violet Proto-drake and "free" 310% speed riding skill). Caping stuff in AB and AV wasn't all that hard, you just had to get there first. Stuff with flags in EotS and WSD...pain in the ass unless both sides are just doing it for the achievements and then fight afterwards.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-05-07 at 10:53.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 22:12   Link #7270
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Grats, Ithekro. That events meta is always worth celebrating. Btw, you shouldn't be too far away from the 'It's Over Nine Thousand!' feat. Should try to clear your PvP achieves more to reach it.

It took me a long time to get this on my main, but it finally happened, thus finally closing out those type of mounts I could aim for daily on my main.

Spoiler for Finally a true Adelaide Crow:
Old 2011-05-11, 14:40   Link #7271
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That will take a while since I'm not all that good (nor fond) of pvp.
Old 2011-05-11, 14:46   Link #7272
Xacual

Do you actually need pvp achievements? My paladin was missing a ton of achievements but was in the 8000ish range. All she had for pvp achievements was really a few alterac valley and a lot of the wintergrasp ones. That was back in wrath so I'm pretty sure now I could hit 9k if I went and did some achievements on her after cataclysm.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 14:53   Link #7273
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I can probably get it if I go back and do all the loremaster stuff again for CATA. (or at least fill in some more)
Old 2011-06-08, 21:55   Link #7274
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

4.2 is likely to come live on June 21 US time aka June 22 for timezones like Australia.
Old 2011-06-13, 16:48   Link #7275
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just read up the patch notes for the Firelands patch and must say that they are basically doing the same thing they did with Icecrown Citadel... But instead of a % buff, they are actually going to decrease "practically all" the bosses in Cata raids health and damage by 20% and some more things from them, like Halfus now has increased Shadow Nova casttime.
Old 2011-06-14, 00:38   Link #7276
BlankVoid

^ I don't see the problem here. Most guilds will be doing Fireland raids, not BWD or BoT. This isn't even the first time they've done something like this; they widescale nerfed content during BC, too. The difference is that they are doing it a bit earlier this time around.

I don't know about you, but I'm not in a leet, 13/13 guild. I would like to get them done without having to spend weeks on one boss. So, thank you Blizzard, and please continue nerfing content.
Old 2011-06-27, 02:25   Link #7277
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I have a question. Recently I bought wow first part. Now my question is what professions (primary) should I chose? What are best for mage and best on the long run (money etc).

Thanks in advance
Old 2011-06-27, 02:31   Link #7278
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

I found that using Mining and Herbalism is the best combination for money making on my server. Unfortunately it depends mostly on the server, but I am certain that the combination I mentioned should make money on any server. If this is your first ever character it's better to build up revenue first than to use a crafting profession as they can be a massive money drain.
Melpomene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 02:32   Link #7279
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I have a question. Recently I bought wow first part. Now my question is what professions (primary) should I chose? What are best for mage and best on the long run (money etc).

Thanks in advance
You can never go wrong with Jewelcrafting / Enchanting but since this is your first and only character I assume you won't have a miner character to use to gather mats for your JC without spending money.

Stay away from Engineering though, it makes no money at all.

Edit: Yeah what Melpomene said is true, gathering professions can make good gold but at the higher levels I'd definitely say JC and Enchanting are the best since everyone needs gems and enchants for their gear.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 02:36   Link #7280
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Thats exactly what I did on my first character. I dropped one gathering for Jewelcrafting when I was max level. Then I just farmed mats and sold the gems I didn't need and socketed the ones I did. On top of that you get a nice bonuses with Enchanting and Jewelcrafting.
Melpomene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows