AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-07-13, 07:38   Link #1
Karnot
Banned

Unable to edit posts

I cannot edit my posts. No matter what i add or remove from it - i recieve "message is too short" pop-up.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 07:55   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I just tested this (with a regular account, non-Admin) and it seemed to be working all OK. I could edit previous posts all OK.

Could you post an example of exactly what you are trying so we can apply the same test as you.

There are cases where the message may appear but normally it's as it says, when the post content is too short. Please bear in mind that if the post contains a quote tag, then the contents do not count towards the minimum 10 characters required.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:20   Link #3
Karnot
Banned

I was trying to change part of my post in "zetsubou sensei" thread from "big shots animators" to "big shots in animation".

Right now i fixed it fine, so i cannot reproduce that error any longer.

I encountered same error a few days ago, but ignored it.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:27   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

What browser are you using? Firefox from the looks of it. Could be a bug in the forum, in which case Jelsoft would need to look into it. Hard to say having never had the problem myself...

Next time you run into the problem: Take a copy of the post you are editing, a copy of the text you are replacing it with, the URL of the post (or post ID) and a screen shot of the error happening. Put all that into a post here, with anything else you can think of that might be useful, and we'll have another look at it.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:43   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

A possibility is that you hit the Quote button instead of the Edit button when you tried to edit your post.

If you didn't notice that the post was wrapped in the quote tag, then you would get the "Message is too short" pop-up since there was nothing actually added outside of the quote tag.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 13:33   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
What browser are you using? Firefox from the looks of it. Could be a bug in the forum, in which case Jelsoft would need to look into it. Hard to say having never had the problem myself.
I only use Firefox, and I've never encountered this problem except when the posting is indeed too short. That usually happens to me in the Suggestions thread if I merely name a series. For instance, "Claymore" by itself generated the too-short error.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote