AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 30.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-20, 08:30   Link #121
zibi88

ehhh seriously couldnt one of them just go to the bathroom to change.... they have it 3m away from them.... why going out of the whole room... totaly stupid xD

not mention where is the sliding wall... that houki used to change when they shared rooms..... seriously...

well charlote mostly doesnt mind if Ichika would look as she changes ^^ well still she had natural reaction when in some way ichika took down her pants along with panties XD it must have been her first time ^^

I root for Charlote to win at the end... still I know its not gona happen... mostly becouse houki and ichkia are on the same poster... or it will end like usual with open ending... no winner and the story goes on... without knowing who will win his heart at the end.... I prefer charlote... smart...kind...cute... sad story.... well houki had crappy life... but she wont go to jail if she goes out of the academy... while charlotte might have such fate as she lied to everyone and the country might not forgive...

so yeah I want her to end up with ichika and so their marriage would save her from fait of ending up in jail.... since she would be the one to marry the only male IS pilot ^^
Old 2011-02-20, 08:39   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Are Cecilia and Rin supposed to be competent at all? It's kinda hard to tell, there.
Old 2011-02-20, 08:43   Link #123
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
I'm really interested in how this show is gonna end. Cliffhanger, normal ending that leads to S2? I really, really, really hope they don't pull off a School days on us....
School Days? nah...
Considering the popularity and the boost in novel sales, a second season is more likely.
how is this gonna end, you say? open harem end, of course.
Old 2011-02-20, 08:57   Link #124
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A kick on the jaw is a fair price to pay for those pair of pantsus freshly taken off from Charles. That's all I have to contribute for this week's episode discussion thread.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:26   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, yeah, that. Am I the only one who thought "Go, Charles, knock him unconscious and have your way with him! It'll never happen if you wait for him to make a move!"?
Old 2011-02-20, 09:31   Link #126
Maverick05

Hmmm I was rewatching this episode and I noticed something strange, then I confirm it.

Why are Ichika/Charles on the N.3 Seed fighting N.2 seed Laura/Houki........when N.1 seed is going directly to second round without a fight , just like n14 seed.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:52   Link #127
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ If the number of seeds in a bracket cannot be divided by 8, you will have an odd result sooner or later.

In this case, having 14 seeds isn't any good, because after the first round, 7 pairs will go on, leading to one of them being able to pass the next round. Things would have been better if they were 16 teams (leading to quarter finals, semi finals, then finals properly).
The result won't be exactly the best one, because it would be too advantageous for few teams at the later stage of a tournament, whereas deliberately giving 1 or 2 teams a free pass at most will be much better in term of structure.

In this scenario, having 1 and 14 passing like that will lead to 8 teams after the first round. It is the most common practice.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-02-20 at 10:07.
Old 2011-02-20, 11:51   Link #128
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone else thinks that it shouldn't be "Laura is probably the best" but rather "Laura's IS hax shield is probably the best.", since looking at her skills in that skirmish she's not really impressive, the shield did all the work.
Old 2011-02-20, 11:54   Link #129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Dunno. The fact that Cecilia's starting to look like she can't hit the broad side of a barn kinda helped, too. And I have no idea what Rin was even there for.
Old 2011-02-20, 13:46   Link #130
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

howd he get them off?
Old 2011-02-20, 14:08   Link #131
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

damn censors... anyways, too predictable that Houki would be paired with Laura. but it'll be interesting to see how much of the next ep they'll dedicate to the actual fight. if this ep showed anything, Laura can handle both of them anyways.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:27   Link #132
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
damn censors... anyways, too predictable that Houki would be paired with Laura. but it'll be interesting to see how much of the next ep they'll dedicate to the actual fight. if this ep showed anything, Laura can handle both of them anyways.
True. So what? Does Houki backstab her something and turn it into a 3 on 1? Does she let Laura win and then they have a match for a date with the Orimura of their choice?

(Oh, and does Ichika get extra stamina when he fights a drone? Because it looks like he's gone back to only being able to perform a couple of moves before running out of juice. How did his sister ever win anything?)
Old 2011-02-20, 15:15   Link #133
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It seems that Laura's shield has some sort of energy draining property - either that, or while he's immobilised when Yukihira Type-2 is caught on the shield, the shield breaker attack is still on at full power.

As for Chifuyuu, it's been implied that she fights with the closed blade - note that katana she's carrying - until she gets into an advantageous position and then one hit kills the enemy.

In a way, it's an understandable tradeoff - sure, you burn shield energy to cast the attack, but if it's an Ichigeki Hissatsu Tenjou Ten- I mean, AKU WO TATSU TSURUGI!!!, one hit is all you need.

...it also appeals to the Japanese cultural fondness for Single Stroke Battles.

That said my impression of Laura is that she's not very mobile - she relies alot on her shield for defence. She also has a certain cruelty to her.

Also: Laura met previously with Chifuyuu when the latter was instructing the Bundesheer's IS corps. That means that Laura was younger than 15 when said training happened.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-20, 15:19   Link #134
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
(Oh, and does Ichika get extra stamina when he fights a drone? Because it looks like he's gone back to only being able to perform a couple of moves before running out of juice).
well, considering he prefers "male" things in general, it could be possible that fighting against a 'drone' pumps him up, while fighting against girls...
Old 2011-02-20, 18:02   Link #135
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ If the number of seeds in a bracket cannot be divided by 8, you will have an odd result sooner or later.

In this case, having 14 seeds isn't any good, because after the first round, 7 pairs will go on, leading to one of them being able to pass the next round. Things would have been better if they were 16 teams (leading to quarter finals, semi finals, then finals properly).
The result won't be exactly the best one, because it would be too advantageous for few teams at the later stage of a tournament, whereas deliberately giving 1 or 2 teams a free pass at most will be much better in term of structure.

In this scenario, having 1 and 14 passing like that will lead to 8 teams after the first round. It is the most common practice.
I understand now, I appreciate your help....yet I am still not sure why they let two other teams in mass-produce IS move to next round while 3 personal prototype IS have to fight on a first fight duel.....ohh well plot is plot and a lottery is a lottery. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It seems that Laura's shield has some sort of energy draining property - either that, or while he's immobilised when Yukihira Type-2 is caught on the shield, the shield breaker attack is still on at full power.

As for Chifuyuu, it's been implied that she fights with the closed blade - note that katana she's carrying - until she gets into an advantageous position and then one hit kills the enemy.

In a way, it's an understandable tradeoff - sure, you burn shield energy to cast the attack, but if it's an Ichigeki Hissatsu Tenjou Ten- I mean, AKU WO TATSU TSURUGI!!!, one hit is all you need.

...it also appeals to the Japanese cultural fondness for Single Stroke Battles.

That said my impression of Laura is that she's not very mobile - she relies alot on her shield for defence. She also has a certain cruelty to her.

Also: Laura met previously with Chifuyuu when the latter was instructing the Bundesheer's IS corps. That means that Laura was younger than 15 when said training happened.
Laura`s IS has Active Inertia Canceller (i think it is spelled like that). It doesnīt absorb energy, just "cancels" the momentum or inertia of an object with definite mass. Basically she stopped the blade from swinging before it hitted her, and Ichika was wasting his shield energy while figuring out what was going on.

About Laura, she isnīt mobile, yet she has a long range railgun and enough armor to trade off and force a close quarter fight. For some reason it reminds me of a tank......quite german.

Last edited by Maverick05; 2011-02-20 at 18:13.
Old 2011-02-20, 20:46   Link #136
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Laura`s IS has Active Inertia Canceller (i think it is spelled like that). It doesnīt absorb energy, just "cancels" the momentum or inertia of an object with definite mass. Basically she stopped the blade from swinging before it hitted her, and Ichika was wasting his shield energy while figuring out what was going on.

About Laura, she isnīt mobile, yet she has a long range railgun and enough armor to trade off and force a close quarter fight. For some reason it reminds me of a tank......quite german.
I originally thought that the Inertia Canceler was only against attacks like Ichika's sword, or Rin's Dragon Cannon. But then Charles fired at Laura and she was able to stop the bullets from hitting her... Talk about an overpowered design in a 1v1 situation..
Old 2011-02-20, 21:26   Link #137
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I originally thought that the Inertia Canceler was only against attacks like Ichika's sword, or Rin's Dragon Cannon. But then Charles fired at Laura and she was able to stop the bullets from hitting her... Talk about an overpowered design in a 1v1 situation..
Meh, it is good and overpowered in 1v1 situation in an open area against melee and kinetic weapons.....

Now, think 1v1 situation against Blue Tears (a sniper with a energy/laser based cannon and high speed mobility) in a mountain area or some area with lots of hidding or sniper spots. Not that overpowered anymore.

It is funny how the British are developing the only IS that actually have an upper hand against the german IS. Yet while Cecilia barely has 1 year at most of training, Laura has at least 3-4 years of training if she was also trained by Chifuyu at Germany. Pilot training program is the key at the end.
Old 2011-02-20, 22:30   Link #138
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I dunno - wasnt it able to tank Blue Tears energy shots? If so it's nigh-on invulnerable, which is saying something...

As for developing an IS with an upper hand - well, the British were the only people to improve the Apache as well, taking an antitank gunship and adding Crazy Preparedness to it - for the first time, creating an aircraft that the Americans are jealous of. Let's not forget that when they put their minds to it they can think up lots of cool toys.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-20, 22:40   Link #139
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... Are Cecilia and Rin supposed to be competent at all? It's kinda hard to tell, there.
Unfortunately,

The two were pitted against not just a teacher but a former candidate representative who defintely has a lot of experience under her belt.

Then you add in Laura who obviously has military training.

I mean so far the girls are completely outclassed.
Old 2011-02-20, 23:31   Link #140
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In terms of skill level, they were outmatched by Yamada-sensei: it's the equivalent of two pilots from flight school going to Top Gun and getting their asses handed to them by instructors in A-4s and F-5s. (Now, at least, Top Guy uses F-16s and F/A-18s).

It's the same with Laura - Laura's been trained by Chifuyuu, and her AIC is one helluva defense - also note that she's dominating the fight and tanking everything they throw at her. Remember also that these girls are civillians, and aren't used to thinking militarily, while Laura is apparently a member of the Bundesheer.

Against the rest of the civillian girls, Cecilia and Rin are better pilots. That doesn't mean much against Laura, however.

It's like comparing the skillset between a civillian chopper pilot and an Apache pilots.

I believe in miracles.

Closed Thread