AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 55.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 23.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-28, 15:58   Link #21
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I doubt they'd have 10 episodes of just trying to save Mayushi .

They might take a more Higurashi approach, but we'll have to see.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:01   Link #22
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh yeah, I completely forgot, thanks for the reminder. Although like you it also makes me wonder why he stuck with just 3 hours, maybe Kurisu was only able to adjust it to 3 hours and Okarin is stuck with the settings? I hope this will be addressed next episode.
Na, I think its really just that they were in a panic, so I think its safe to assume that she set it up to 3 hours because she was in a rush.

As for why Okarin didn't timeleap farther the second time, well like I said, he's in panic mode. He clearly isn't in the right state of mind yet and he's trying to find a quick solution to save Mayuri. And judging from this episode alone, its probably gonna take a lot more to save Mayuri then just trying to keep her away from the lab.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:02   Link #23
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for the hourglass, I haven't really paid attention to it, does it mysteriously stop or does it stop simply because it runs out of sand? If it's the latter, I'll say it's just there for symbolism, like the watch.
No, it literally stops. There is sand in the top still. In the last episode, Okarin notices it and you can see his eyes widen as he is wondering wth is going on, but his thoughts were interrupted by the entrance of Moeka's gang of men. But, more telling, even before he leaves to go up on the roof, they give you a shot of the hourglass...and the sand has stopped flowing. Whatever caused that to happen started well before the goons entered. The question is...what? And they very pointedly gave us a shot of the very same hourglass this episode with the sand flowing normally.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:13   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
No, it literally stops. There is sand in the top still. In the last episode, Okarin notices it and you can see his eyes widen as he is wondering wth is going on, but his thoughts were interrupted by the entrance of Moeka's gang of men. But, more telling, even before he leaves to go up on the roof, they give you a shot of the hourglass...and the sand has stopped flowing. Whatever caused that to happen started well before the goons entered. The question is...what? And they very pointedly gave us a shot of the very same hourglass this episode with the sand flowing normally.
Then I have no clue either. I can't think of anything that would stop only the hourglass and Mayuri's watch (everything else seemed to work just fine).

I forgot to ask: how the hell did Okabe manage to escape SERN the second time? Moeka states he's been captured, then he starts running and he's back at the lab. Did he just... outrun them on foot?
It kind of seem like a chunk of the episode was missing.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:15   Link #25
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I forgot to ask: how the hell did Okabe manage to escape SERN the second time? Moeka states he's been captured, then he starts running and he's back at the lab. Did he just... outrun them on foot?
Well he knocked the guy down and ran away as fast as he could. I guess we're to assume that he simply managed to get away from them for a short period of time.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:17   Link #26
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Concerning the hour glass and watch. It may be a indication of the world line ending.

Quote:
Then I have no clue either. I can't think of anything that would stop only the hourglass and Mayuri's watch (everything else seemed to work just fine).

I forgot to ask: how the hell did Okabe manage to escape SERN the second time? Moeka states he's been captured, then he starts running and he's back at the lab. Did he just... outrun them?
Seems it was some kind of plothole and they covered it as best they could. Technically he could have just run away, they wouldn’t chase a grown man in broad daylight guns blazing, it would attract too much attention; but still, they had cars, and they should have been able to figure out where he was going.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:19   Link #27
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Seems it was some kind of plothole and they covered it as best they could. Technically he could have just run away, they wouldn’t chase a grown man in broad daylight guns blazing, it would attract too much attention; but still, they had cars, and they should have been able to figure out where he was going.
But cars can only pass through streets, Okabe has more pathways available to him like alleyways.

It's not something we should over think in any case.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:24   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
But cars can only pass through streets, Okabe has more pathways available to him like alleyways.

It's not something we should over think in any case.
What he meant is that they could have just gone to the lab by car and waited for him there. Or just have a team on stand-by there in the first place.

You're right, it's not something we should waste time thinking about. I can just assume those guys aren't very smart nor very good runners. Nevertheless, I was still curious to know if the escape scene was detailed in the visual novel, and if it was more believable.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:29   Link #29
Dop
Mmmm....

Oh my god, they killed Mayuri. YOU BASTARDS!

Actually that third scene was painful to watch, because you knew what was going to happen, it was just a matter of time (no pun intended).
Old 2011-06-28, 17:10   Link #30
maplehurry

I wonder if Kurisu managed to survive in the two "alternate future".
Old 2011-06-28, 17:10   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This was an absolutely awesome episode.

It reminds me so vividly of Madoka Magica Episode 10. I think that Okabe and Homura could have some good heart-to-hearts, lol.

The action-packed scene before the OP rolled was particularly great, I felt. As was how much this episode did for Okabe and Mayuri's relationship, and shining light on the whole "hostage" angle in a neat way. It's very heartwarming and sweet.

Not much else left for me to add, as this was just a splendid and practically flawless episode.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:20   Link #32
velderia
Former NEET.

My god, she died like... 3 times? @_@

10/10. Only if this doesn't turn into something like Endless Eight.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:29   Link #33
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Anyone noticed Rukako said "boku"? Are we really still in the same world line with only the clock reversed 3 hours?

Suzuha was there to turn on the CRT the first time, but she shouldn't be around the 2nd and 3rd time so who turned it on?

The last scene was crushing, this is the first time I dislike the little girl. It seems that having Mayuri together with Okabe is the most dangerous to her well being since HE is who the agents wanted most and Mayuri will get dragged into the mess nonetheless.
Old 2011-06-28, 18:08   Link #34
pampz21
ShipCore

damn....If i were Okarin I'd go mad if I kept seeing Mayushi die in front of me....

Nice episode as always...there are still more fun the next scenes

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-06-28, 18:13   Link #35
CatOfTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Anyone noticed Rukako said "boku"? Are we really still in the same world line with only the clock reversed 3 hours?
I am pretty sure Ruka is still a girl in this word line. It's rare to see a girl to talk about themselves using "boku" but it's unheard of, sure it makes them look a bit boyish but that wouldn't be something that I'd pay a great deal of attention to at the moment. There are far more important things happening in the story at the moment

Wonder what Okarin decides to do next. I am quite convinced that he will undoubtly never stop trying to save Mayuri so he is either going to try to save her in this world line or use d-mail and try to save her in the next one and in the next world line things might not go as Okarin had thought them to go... Just my thoughts (just speculation).

Hmm, anyone else thinks that the lonely star in the sky was actually a satellite and SERN could keep a track of Okarin with it?
Old 2011-06-28, 18:38   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Groundhog Destination?

Most of my thoughts have already been touched on. Okarin, the last place she should be is right next to you - get her as far away as possible! And what it is with that "star"? The notion of it being a spy satellite makes a lot of sense.
Old 2011-06-28, 18:46   Link #37
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Groundhog Destination?

Most of my thoughts have already been touched on. Okarin, the last place she should be is right next to you - get her as far away as possible!
Logically, you're right.

But I think that Okarin is understandably operating under very intense emotions here, and the prevailing thought for him is "I must keep Mayuri under my constant and immediate supervision! I have to be there to keep her safe!".

When someone you love is in danger, it can be very hard to accept (or even consider) that the best course of action is to split up from that person.
Old 2011-06-28, 18:51   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Logically, you're right.

But I think that Okarin is understandably operating under very intense emotions here, and the prevailing thought for him is "I must keep Mayuri under my constant and immediate supervision! I have to be there to keep her safe!".

When someone you love is in danger, it can be very hard to accept (or even consider) that the best course of action is to split up from that person.
Indeed, pretty much exactly what I said in the blog. Detachment is easy when you're, well - detached.
Old 2011-06-28, 19:02   Link #39
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

I see they wasted no time getting to Mayuri's deaths. They skipped the scene in the VN where Okarin doesn't believe the time leap worked the first time round and she gets shot again anyway but, I guess that isn't necessary. Nice job with the rest though. Again, nice use of sound! I like how they padded out the scenes like making Rukako think they were eloping, lol ^^;

I'm not sure making Kurisu the one to realise Okarin had time leaped was such a good idea though but... we'll see.

Quote:
What he meant is that they could have just gone to the lab by car and waited for him there. Or just have a team on stand-by there in the first place.

You're right, it's not something we should waste time thinking about. I can just assume those guys aren't very smart nor very good runners. Nevertheless, I was still curious to know if the escape scene was detailed in the visual novel, and if it was more believable.
Well, they must have some sort of planning and have the man power to cover the whole of Akiba if they're working with an organisation like SERN. Otherwise, I don't see why there would be a "terrorist" attack at the station in the last episode to disable the main means of transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Suzuha was there to turn on the CRT the first time, but she shouldn't be around the 2nd and 3rd time so who turned it on?
Well, it's not dark yet when he uses it a second time so I'm presuming the store was still open by then and the TV was in use. Not sure what happens in the 3rd after the nasty train incident D:
Old 2011-06-28, 19:14   Link #40
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^That was only with the first time leap though, after the second one Kurisu wasn't aware of Okarin time leaping. Or, maybe she was but it wasn't shown..though I do doubt.