AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 19:44   Link #121
Westlo
Lets be reality

If you watch the scene after the ED sequence you should know. Seems a lot of people skipped that scene...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:40   Link #122
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Is the entire anime going to be just like the first episode? Or is this weird silent narration style going to continue throughout?

If it is, I'm gonna save myself some time and just drop it now. I kid you not when I say that I fell asleep while watching it.

If it's going to be different, please tell me.... I'll watch the second episode and give it another chance, because as it is currently, there's no way in hell I can watch an entire season like this.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2564.html

Quote:
The show will also apparently be set up in a semi-omnibus format where each girl will have their own stories. I'm guessing it's "semi" and not full omnibus because the story doesn't completely reset after one girl's arc finishes, but it just moves to focus on another girl in the same continuity. Also, the producer is not male like in the games but will be replaced by Ritsuko Okazaki. This saves us from having to worry about it being an Amagami SS clone. Oh, and the boy band Jupiter will act as the antagonists in the series.
Just took that from user Suzuku who posted that in another forum.

And the first ep was pretty decent to watch. It's pimps in the making, which I like..a lot. :3

Anyone have a VA for the rookie producer at the end? He sounds so familiar.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:52   Link #123
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Berserk: The Hiatus Episode 1 ''Preparation for the next decade of movie delays >_<''

Takane struck a chord with me, but both of Yayoi limitless brightness and Azusa's dynamite body got my attention as well

This post is written at 2 in the morning. Forgive any spelling mistakes for the time being >_<

Spoiler for epi 1:
Old 2011-07-08, 20:58   Link #124
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a good first episode but I think they tried to fit to much into it
Old 2011-07-08, 21:12   Link #125
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Holy fucking characters batman. I remember Xenoglossia's first episode focused mostly on Haruka, but here there were seriously so many characters that I had a hard time remembering or taking much of an impression of any of them. This also looks like it's going to be one of those shows where it's a lot of cute girls doing cute things and not a whole lot of direction. Xenoglossia was pretty goofy early on, but at least it had direction and that's what kept me with it in spite of that. Well that and the mecha twist + buff Iori.

The show has a certain style about it at least for this episode....I'll give it that. Plus it looks good, but it's definitely not a keeper for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 21:43   Link #126
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I don't know. I think it'd be worth to wait around for it. I get the feeling it's gonna have more individual character focused episodes.

Though anyone having trouble keeping characters straight might appreciate this.

Spoiler for character reference chart:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-07-08 at 23:44. Reason: Huge images NEED to be thumbnailed...
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 22:02   Link #127
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Im dodging all of the spoiler in this thread. But just wondering how much this anime relate to part-time-idol-part-time-cosmo-punching-robot-rider Haruka in that "IDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA"?

A sequence?
Old 2011-07-08, 22:10   Link #128
karuroso

Needs more Makoto! She's has the greatest potential to make a yuri harem if she wanted ( and she looks great together with Yukiho ;D)
Also I never liked much Chihaya before but now after seeing more of her VA in Steins;Gate right after the ep ended I started to play the Live for you! with her solo
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 22:25   Link #129
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Im dodging all of the spoiler in this thread. But just wondering how much this anime relate to part-time-idol-part-time-cosmo-punching-robot-rider Haruka in that "IDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA"?

A sequence?
This particular anime is based off the original games, and hence has no relation to Xenoglossia (which is a spinoff) at all except for character names.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 22:30   Link #130
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A great 1st episode. I love the documentary style interviews as it allows the viewers to know who the girls are and why are they doing this and the characters were faithful like they were in the games. But i love the twist in the end which reveals the cameraman was in fact the new producer all along! (Looks like the rumors that Ritsuko will be the producer were squash and i was kinda expected the producer was going to be the President's grandson like the Idolmaster Break manga)

Anyway, i hope to see more episodes since...
Spoiler for reason:

EDIT:BTW

130,000+ Watch The Idolm@ster Pajama Party

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2011-07-08 at 22:49.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 23:58   Link #131
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

There's only 14 characters (from the pic posted above)? I honestly thought there were twice as many, with all the introductions in this episode my head was spinning. Thank god the producer got out from behind the camera at the end because the episode was seriously dull up to that point.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 00:04   Link #132
Travisaw
Just passing by...

Send a message via MSN to Travisaw
Really? I thought that this episode was interesting, in first person view, and silent. But that's just my opinion.

The song at the end... I'm hooked. I'm new to "The Idolm@ster" btw.
Gonna pick this one up. =]

~Travis
Travisaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 00:04   Link #133
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
Is the entire anime going to be just like the first episode?
- No idea, but probably not. The way the first ep was put out was simply to show all the characters at once.

Most likely they'll have character-specific episodes/story arcs from now on to make each of the specific characters' fans happy.

And sorry, no giant robots or drills, so if you're rexpecting those, quit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie
There's only 14 characters (from the pic posted above)? I honestly thought there were twice as many,
- There's a lot more characters if you include all the Gameboy games et al. But that would be too much to manage in a series.

And I'm honestly surprised how many people IRL have heaped hate on this series because it's NOT Xenoglossia. I remember when Xenoglossia was out those same guys hated the fact that it wasn't true to the IM@S games. You just can't please these fans anymore....
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 02:45   Link #134
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- There's a lot more characters if you include all the Gameboy games et al. But that would be too much to manage in a series.
There was only a NDS game, even then you only get 3 more main idols.

Quote:
And I'm honestly surprised how many people IRL have heaped hate on this series because it's NOT Xenoglossia. I remember when Xenoglossia was out those same guys hated the fact that it wasn't true to the IM@S games. You just can't please these fans anymore....
No surprises there especially if you only lurk around the English speaking fandom. 99% of the English anime fandom would not have played the games and thus has no specific expectation when it came to Xenoglossia. To them, Xenoglossia IS im@s - whereas amongst the Japanese fandom those who watched it were nearly all familiar with the games, and to them Xenoglossia ISN'T im@s.

FWIW the Japanese fans are literally about 99.5% satisfied with this new anime according to the nico douga live vote which had over 100k viewers - something like 99% of them vote "extremely good" for the show, and we know for a fact that nico douga is where the im@s fandom hangs out (Vocaloid, im@s and Touhou are known as the "3 kings" of nico douga when it comes to the number of fans and videos related to specific franchises). So this new anime must be doing something very right if the nico douga fans are overwhelmingly happy with the show.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 06:51   Link #135
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I actually liekd Xenoglossia, mainly because I could disocciate that from IM@S itself (i.e. as a standalone, it ain't too bad)--but not most IM@S fans.

My complaint is that the guys who hated Xenoglossia before now hate IM@S because it isn't Xenoglossia. Don't these people ever NOT complain about something new? It's almost like the Gundam fans who hate Age and prefer 00 (who happened to hate 00 when they were Seed fans)...I'm beginning to think that most Anime fans are just one huge whiner's club...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 08:55   Link #136
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Whining is the anime fan's national pasttime. *cough*

Anyway, I hope the Producer actually shows a hotblooded side sooner or later, lest he waste that voice of his...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 08:57   Link #137
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'll admit it's kind of surprising. Especially considering how many high quality shows there have been this season so far.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 09:35   Link #138
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So i started the show with some optimisms. But too say the truth, i don't know if i can follow this series.

I was watching this and by 8th minute i can barely concentrate on what is going on. When it hit the 13th minute mark, i couldn't wait for the ending just to see whether there will be a turning point in this episode.... Not a big fan of this fake reality-show format, to say the truth. Felt the way the girls behave when being filmed really inappropriate, and sometime ridiculous.

At this point, it will take two of the girls making-out on screen to earn my attention back
Old 2011-07-09, 09:45   Link #139
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Felt the way the girls behave when being filmed really inappropriate, and sometime ridiculous.
You have no idea how hard it is for people not to act like crazy idiots when camera's are being pointed at them. Almost every documentary you see will have been the subject of massive edits to cut out the flow-breaking bits.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 09:55   Link #140
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
At this point, it will take two of the girls making-out on screen to earn my attention back
Spoiler:

Moe pimps don't even..how do you even lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s