AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 20:39   Link #1441
Midonin
Last Engage

Annaka, Yuria, Sakurai-sensei, Nakamura-sensei and the Principal, according to the listings.

3/5, not bad.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 21:15   Link #1442
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Annaka, Yuria, Sakurai-sensei, Nakamura-sensei and the Principal, according to the listings.

3/5, not bad.
And that's a weird group of 5. I can't even recall if Yuria has said anything so far.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 23:32   Link #1443
Midonin
Last Engage

It's not like I go actively looking for crossovers. It takes something special to trigger that line of thought, and tonight may have hit it. For Mio and Yukina, it's a toss up on who has the tougher assistants to work with, and both of their universes are prone to things behaving totally out of the ordinary with only the tiniest of explanations. On the flipside of this coin of artistry, Nano has been introduced to yaoi. This is the start of.... something.

The keyword for the Shinonome three tonight is "Shabba-dabba-doo!". Both Sakamoto and the Professor have their fears, but hers are made on her own. If that house had an entire section of wall that could be hollowed out to make a hiding place, one is left to wonder. Who made this house? What's their situation now? Are they aware of what's going on? There could be an entire cottage industry trying to figure that out. But there's no time like the present, either.

Seeing the aftermath of Mio and Yuuko's exchange of puns was a nice change of pace as well, and Yuuko's acute pain can obliterate most of the solar system. A night bookended by artistry. When people get ideas (even if that's putting watermelons in their hair), it's the start of... something.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 23:38   Link #1444
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

what the ever means of shit does this do for what yes

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 00:00   Link #1445
Peanutbutter

Another DAAWWWW... moment from the Shinonomoe household.

Also, you really feel to feel for Mio. Having her work obliterated in that moment.

Otherwise, nothing much else.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 00:28   Link #1446
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Mai's trolling power is over 9000
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 01:01   Link #1447
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So Yuuko has stored up enough power for a Starlight Breaker...or she's giving 120%...into the Wave Motion Gun. (make me want KyoAni to do Space Opera for real. That and the Haruhi computer game/space battle episode. Take Yamato away from Enagio and Toho.)

Mio's raging is hilarious. As is Mai's literal nature and trolling power.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-08-14 at 01:19.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 01:16   Link #1448
calorie

Hmm, not one of my favorite episodes, but the second part and Mai and Yukko's trolling made it right:
Spoiler for episode 20:
Seriously, I wish they made a Hakase-Nano spin-off of some sort.

EDIT: Oh and this had to be made (and probably already has but what the heck )

Last edited by calorie; 2011-08-14 at 02:40.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 01:50   Link #1449
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
what the ever means of shit does this do for what yes

I know right! I listened to it over 500 times since yesterday. FUU. Of all things Mai has done so far, this song that I totally didn't even expect to be good got me best. Damn it.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 02:07   Link #1450
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I liked this episode much more than last week. Yoshiji Kigami knows how to pace an episode and though much of it wasn't very funny, I was thoroughly entertained.

The characters played off really nicely against each other. And this is just me, but I think I find Misato much more adorable when she isn't firing some sort of missile. She felt much more genuine to me when she was talking to Yoshino and Mihoshi than when she was chasing Sasahara in...whatever she was wearing.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 02:55   Link #1451
Sides

Hearing Mio raging is really entertaining. The way her voice cracks up makes me laugh every time.
More Yoshino is always welcomed ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 03:02   Link #1452
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Mai's dog is a total troll.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 04:43   Link #1453
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Mio 'carefully' explaining the sequence of events made my day.
Mai certainly has a way with annoying others though.

Overall a fulfilling episode!
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 05:18   Link #1454
CWW
Lurker

Mai is a terrible friend. I usually don't mind her attempts to troll, but this is going too far. Poor Mio.

The Prof segments are still terrible.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 08:41   Link #1455
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Mai is a terrible friend. I usually don't mind her attempts to troll, but this is going too far. Poor Mio.

The Prof segments are still terrible.
Yep. I absolutely love Mai but that was definitely going too far. It was no longer trolling but just being a bitch. Whatever happened to the magnificent subtlety that she toyed people with. That was way too direct and far too hooligan-like for my taste.

Shinonome segments were really short this time around anyway. I don't think they were terrible - far from it in fact. Sakamoto is easily, singlehandedly, enough of a reason to like a show. And Nano and Hakase are integral to Nichijou in particular as well.

I loved that Mio rage at the end though. Hyacinths for the win.
Old 2011-08-14, 11:04   Link #1456
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I liked this episode much more than last week. Yoshiji Kigami knows how to pace an episode and though much of it wasn't very funny, I was thoroughly entertained.
Didn't know he handled this ep. I guess I just found the material given to him in this one pretty weak compared to the riot which was the temple scene. Still I loved that raging Mio skits. The more Gotta love how Mio said Hyacinth.

I hope thy get casted in another series similar to this or if ever they got casted in future K-ON seasons(It's inevitable. It's bound to happen. I said that in plural.). They have the voice.

Also I can't help but know how it feels when you've shoved a pen or a pencil right into your palm. That scene just made me gasp.

I probably can't handle if they did something on the sort of accidentally hitting your shin against the edge of a wall or something very hard.. This things bloody painful.

Oh yeah btw...

Last edited by rulfo; 2011-08-14 at 11:18.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 11:47   Link #1457
CWW
Lurker

I actually find Sakamoto the weakest of the trio. He telegraphs the joke an awful lot by shouting and explaining the set-up, before the punchline is delivered, which makes it ultimately fall flat. Nyanko-sensei he ain't. The others are one-dimensional as well, but at least they have their own gimmick that doesn't consist of ruining jokes.

Still entertaining episode though. Gotta love Mio's rage motions.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 12:34   Link #1458
inisipis

Another Sunday Nichijou delight.

It's the attack of the Trolls this time, with Mai leading the way, then it's Mio's sister, then Mai's little dog and finally Yukko capping it off.

We get to see Mio fully embracing her Fujoshi self and is on her way to be a real Mangaka. She asks her 3 friends in helping her with her manga. BIG MISTAKE. Nano being traumatized with Yaoi is just a gentle breeze compared to the raging storm that will come next.

In all my life I have never known anyone making mistake that Yukko did with the mechanical pencil.
I know it's terrible, but it really made me laugh out loud at that. If anything will , always will, go wrong with Yukko. Her scream probably reach Iscandar

There is the Kendo tournament coming, how come Mio isn't in it? I know she does kendo and her killer instincts are beyond reproach.

It's a miracle Mio didn't pop a vain (or went to berzerker mode) with all the rage at the end.

The Like Love segment suprisingly is quite different from the rest. I guess it says true friends is accepting whatever quirks your friend has, even if she may act a moron most of the time.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 13:21   Link #1459
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I actually find Sakamoto the weakest of the trio. He telegraphs the joke an awful lot by shouting and explaining the set-up, before the punchline is delivered, which makes it ultimately fall flat. Nyanko-sensei he ain't. The others are one-dimensional as well, but at least they have their own gimmick that doesn't consist of ruining jokes.

Still entertaining episode though. Gotta love Mio's rage motions.
I don't think the Shinonome segments are meant as much for joke as for slice-of-life and they wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without him. And that applies to the humor factor as well. IMO that is. I suppose Nichijou appeals to different people differently, there are some diehard fans of Shinonome segments who want just that after all. I for one am just gonna take what they give at this point because whatever they have given thus far has been nothing sort of awesome (imo again).
Old 2011-08-14, 13:22   Link #1460
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Mio 'carefully' explaining the sequence of events made my day.
Agreed that moment was the best of the episode, and how did Yukko even come with some of those lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Yep. I absolutely love Mai but that was definitely going too far. It was no longer trolling but just being a bitch. Whatever happened to the magnificent subtlety that she toyed people with. That was way too direct and far too hooligan-like for my taste.
She obivously doesn't yaoi thus set trolling to maximum capacity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
There is the Kendo tournament coming, how come Mio isn't in it? I know she does kendo and her killer instincts are beyond reproach.
Because as shown last episode she'd failed to follow the rules and probably hit so hard that the kendo sword would snap in half .

Also Yukko slipping ink on the page a second time because of her and Mai's attempts not fitting at all, so she could tell Mio got me to laugh pretty well xD.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life