AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-12, 15:22   Link #41
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
So Monet has the Snow-Snow fruit?
What makes you say that?
Old 2012-09-12, 16:08   Link #42
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What makes you say that?
In another translation the panel with Monet's attack "KAMAKURA" has a foot note:

"SNOW HUT"

Can someone confirm this? Would the fruit be called yuki-yuki?

A quick search does shows there is a Kamakura festival with rooms made out of snow..

Old 2012-09-12, 20:31   Link #43
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
Monet - Logia or Paramecia?
Old 2012-09-13, 05:28   Link #44
janipani

Monet could be real harpy not real human being and thus she can be logia type.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-09-13, 08:42   Link #45
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coodie29 View Post
Monet - Logia or Paramecia?
Leaning towards logia. Couple reasons. She doesn't seem cold when Usopp originally spots her and is shown without a coat. Caeser tells Law he knows about his plans because Monet was able to "transform and follow" him.. turn into snow and spy?
Old 2012-09-13, 09:59   Link #46
james0246

Still, a snow fruit seems like a ridiculous rip-off of the ice fruit, so I see no real reason why Oda would plagiarize himself so badly.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:25   Link #47
marvelB

I actually really like the idea of a snow-snow fruit (I think that would be yuki yuki no mi in Japanese, right?). In a way, it makes a good alternative to an actual water logia, like the ice fruit did. And hey, even cooler is that means we'd finally be introduced to our first female logia user in the series!

And as for snow being similar to ice..... I don't really see a problem with it, seeing as we already have different powers based off the same base element like ground (sand/diamond/magma). But then again, I actually recall James making an argument about that very element in a previous thread, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Monet could be real harpy not real human being and thus she can be logia type.

Don't think so. We saw her in a clearly human body during a brief flashback some chapters back. And the fact that she seems to have a DF power unrelated to her harpy body means that she most likely got modified by Law (like Brownbeard's crew did).
Old 2012-09-13, 12:08   Link #48
Jouten

I'm leaning towards mythical Zoan with additional snow element
Old 2012-09-13, 14:32   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What if Monet actually has the ice fruit, which originally belonged to Aokiji? She may just be using it differently.
I don't think this will be the case, either. Oda made it pretty clear in a past SBS that 2 of the same DF power couldn't exist at the same time (though artificial copies should be an exception). If that were really Aokiji's power, then that would mean that he'd have been killed by Akainu 2 years ago. However, we already know he's very much alive....
Old 2012-09-13, 16:01   Link #50
janipani

Snow-fruit could differ from ice-fruit in various ways. We have seen fire-fruit and lava-fruit too. Devil fruits seem not have any rule that prevents similar abilities existing, only thing matter is that theme changes, and these themes can be from nature as well as from technology.

Snow fruit could be about snow storms, snow walls and all type of snow as long it's under snow theme.

Ice theme is different, it can freeze things even though hardened snow could be seen as the same.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-09-13, 16:09   Link #51
marvelB

Oh, and Monet being a mystical zoan could definitely work. After all, there's a well-known spirit in Japanese mythology known as the "Yuki-Onna" (Snow Woman) that's obviously associated with winter. It could easily be a classified as a human-type fruit (like Sengoku's Buddha power).
Old 2012-09-13, 16:17   Link #52
james0246

^Fire is not Lava and Lava is not Fire. Lave can start fires but fires cannot create Lava. Snow, though, is nothing more than percipitated ice particles. They are not different themes, they are essentially the same (and considering the blizzards Aokiji has created, I am unclear why anyone is arguing that ice and snow is different).

At least as Logias. If Oda wanted to make Harpy a Snowwoman
Paramecia, then there might be some wiggle room. It would still be a little silly, bit it would make more sense than having an ice and snow logia.
Old 2012-09-13, 20:09   Link #53
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Fire is not Lava and Lava is not Fire. Lave can start fires but fires cannot create Lava. Snow, though, is nothing more than percipitated ice particles. They are not different themes, they are essentially the same (and considering the blizzards Aokiji has created, I am unclear why anyone is arguing that ice and snow is different).

At least as Logias. If Oda wanted to make Harpy a Snowwoman
Paramecia, then there might be some wiggle room. It would still be a little silly, bit it would make more sense than having an ice and snow logia.
Wouldn't lava be more accurately considered an earth/fire hybrid?
Old 2012-09-13, 20:30   Link #54
james0246

^It would be a liquid, mixed with some gases and solids. Fire doesn't have much to do with Lava besides lava starting fires.
Old 2012-09-14, 00:43   Link #55
james0246

^Oda already created an image for vagabond/hobo Aokiji, so I suspect he is still alive.
Old 2012-09-14, 01:44   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I don't think Aokiji would die to Caesar no matter how weakened he was.
Old 2012-09-14, 05:05   Link #57
DeadBonesDooM

What if monet is snow harpy. Mind blown *booom*.
I noticed that you lads all argued if she has some kind of fruit and is a real harpy, but I think she is like mythical zoan snow harpy. Aka the harpy who lives in snowy areas.
Old 2012-09-14, 08:10   Link #58
SMASHERJACKSON

I'm hoping Vergo is an Iron type DF user.

It's reasonable to say he's just using tekkai/haki combo, prolly more so then an Iron DF user but his strength, toughness and stuff sticking to him could be explained via him being an iron type by having stuff gravitate towards him (rather then just as a result of his forgetfulness) due to him being a large mass of iron but tbh im not sure i got my concept right wen talking about gravitational pull etc but it would be cooler then hakki/tekkai imo.

I'm also rly interested in Law's plan now as well as Momosuke and what happened to him as at this point, those two things are still unclear and could be linked.

I'm not sure whether Oda will hav Law betray the SH yet or not, on one hand this would be the arc to do it in to set the tone for the NW but on the other hand it would make the SH seem too naive considering their 2 years of training and all that happened in the past.

Also the match ups seem like they're going to change again though I hope Zoro and co move on from the steel dragon, yes it would put Zoro above the samurai but it still doesn't show how he would cope vs NW adversaries since the dragon is some random fodder.

I'm also actually a little dissapointed that Sanji's leg broke, while I expect Vergo to be stronger then him I didn't expect Sanji to get injured like that so soon since he is part of the monster trio.
Old 2012-09-14, 10:27   Link #59
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
I'm hoping Vergo is an Iron type DF user.
That's.... kind of already been done with Daz Bone's power (blade man who has a body of steel). However, I always liked the idea of there being a metal logia. Either that, or Oda finally grows the balls to introduce a blood blood fruit user (with the blood being hardened into metal to use as weapons, armor, etc.). I doubt Vergo has either of those abilities, though. Personally, I still kinda like the idea of him having a bamboo-based power....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I was thinking more along the line that Aokiji stayed on this island and was killed by Caesar later.
We know that he survived Akainu, but we can't say for sure that he is still alive.

Like James already pointed out, the fact that Oda recently revealed Aokiji's post-skip design for the upcoming movie Z pretty much kills the idea of him being dead right there. Unless you're going to make some silly suggestion that he was cloned or whatever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
I noticed that you lads all argued if she has some kind of fruit and is a real harpy, but I think she is like mythical zoan snow harpy. Aka the harpy who lives in snowy areas.

Again, Yuki-Onna is very much likely to be Monet's power (if it's indeed a snow-based one). Besides, it's even more likely considering that Kinemon already has powers based on Japanese mythology.
Old 2012-09-15, 09:32   Link #60
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Could Law just be looking to get his heart back?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion