AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 31 28.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 28.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 25.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-01, 23:11   Link #81
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
strange strange strange.

Lelouch can geass himself????

Lelouch can geass Mao as well?????????????????
im unsure if Lulu geassed him self but yes he can geass Mao seeing as he did geass him

Last edited by The-Ghost; 2007-02-02 at 14:10. Reason: spelling
The-Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 23:18   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Ghost View Post
im unsure if LUL geassed him self but yes he can geass Mao seeing as he did geass him
Leouch geass'd himself to forget his plans that had Suzaku helping out at saving Nunnally.
Old 2007-02-01, 23:43   Link #83
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
strange strange strange.

Lelouch can geass himself????

Lelouch can geass Mao as well?????????????????
Why do you find this so strange?
Mao has been geassing Lelouch for the last two episodes, why did you think the opposite can't happen?

Last edited by aohige; 2007-02-02 at 00:08.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 23:57   Link #84
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Leouch geass'd himself to forget his plans that had Suzaku helping out at saving Nunnally.
oh i c, he did it 2 prevent mao's mind reading
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 00:52   Link #85
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
That should complete the Shirley/Mao arc.
The real meat and highlight of this arc isn't about going against Britania, but its about Lulouche and CC being resolute to their goal.
Lulouche loses one of his close friends, while CC loses a kid which she raise and they have to finish those by their own hand. (Lulu geass Shirley and CC shot Mao).

The arc also has a nice end up that connect well with the next arc. It set Lulu's mind focusing on getting Susaku to join him to matter what (as he said in the preview).

what CC said kinda concern me a bit...will she live at the end of the series!?
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 00:59   Link #86
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
what CC said kinda concern me a bit...will she live at the end of the series!?
I somewhat doubt that is her wish, since she didn't sound particularly happy about Mao cutting her apart with a chainsaw. so at very least she'll be around till the end. then all bets are off.

though CC could certainly be self-hating. being an immortal usually causes some form of survior's guilt in the character that have it. seems to me to be more of a interesting little jab while we wait for more on CC's backstory than an actual death wish. at least for now.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:09   Link #87
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen ep. 16
Spoiler for Moments:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:14   Link #88
ashlay
the red string of fate

Spoiler for explanation for the Geassing:
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:20   Link #89
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Looks like I was right about Suzaku's past,

Spoiler:

But man, Suzaku's skills are uber, there's no way he can be human....that or the Britannian Empire genetically enhances their soldiers or he is the one
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:56   Link #90
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Spoiler:

But man, Suzaku's skills are uber, there's no way he can be human....that or the Britannian Empire genetically enhances their soldiers or he is the one

Spoiler:

at last that mao has died
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 02:14   Link #91
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Spoiler:
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 02:25   Link #92
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Spoiler:

But it's different here than in WWII. Back then, the only reason they would fight to the death, would be for pride. There would be consequences for losing the war, sure, but nothing unacceptable.

In the case of the Code Geass universe, they were about to be conquered and be treated like a number. The former-Japanese knew this because there are ten other countries before them who had fallen and subjected to such a fate.

I don't know if I have read your idea right, SolderOfDarkness...
Britannia have the right to conquer the entire planet. Since they have the most powerful army, every other nation should go on their knees and submit to their Britannian overlords right now, or they are labeled as bloodthirsty warmongers...
While Britannians are not responsible for anything because they wouldn't have need to kill anyone if the victims hadn't, you know, resisted enslavement?

So all the 11s who were killed by Britannia in the invasion were really only committing suicide rather than fighting for freedom?

...Actually, I don't think that's what you mean, but I am sure that's what Suzaku believe. Which is why I really would hit him over the head with a blunt object if he was a 3D real person and, you know, not so superhuman.

EDIT:
Just to clarify: The reason why I believe the Code Geass Japan had the right to resist for as long as it can rather than surrender , even when they know they can't win, is simple.
Britannia is an aggressive scourge. It isn't the moral issue of not just go down on your knees and pray when someone is trying to kill you; there are other countries in the world to consider. The longer Japan holds out against Brittania, the longer time it would take before Britannia can conquer somewhere-else. Further, Japan had the world's greatest source of Sakuradite. The fall and colonisation of Japan would have dramatically improves Britannia's military capabilities and thus, once again, put other free nations in greater peril.

If you want to use the WWII example, I would suggest using France. Should the French have immediately surrendered to the Germans and assist them in the conquest of Britain? Surely that would mean less French people would have died...

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-02-02 at 04:11.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 04:01   Link #93
lade

suzaku is no saint we know that, but if nothing else I can respect his reasons for

doing what he did, a martyr'sfinal stand, counts for nothing if it accomplishes nothing,

he ended a war that would have seen japan destroyed had his father stood, his

ground.

I recently read a book about power , live to fight another day, that was not suzaku's

original intent but they have lived to fight another day, maybe on far better terms for

them , rather than going extinct.
lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 04:10   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lade View Post
suzaku is no saint we know that, but if nothing else I can respect his reasons for

doing what he did, a martyr'sfinal stand, counts for nothing if it accomplishes nothing,

ground.

I recently read a book about power , live to fight another day, that was not suzaku's

original intent but they have lived to fight another day, maybe on far better terms for

As I said, there is actually a problem with that; had Japan surrendered without a fight, many more countries would have been conquered by now. Even to the present day, the actions of Zero is diverting Cornelia's military forces from invading any more people.

The argument that there would be less deaths if Japan had given up is moot. Japan was not Britannia's goal, but merely one of many stepping stones on the way to world domination. Thus, Japan's early surrender would not stop anything, but merely make Britannians more lethal elsewhere.
Old 2007-02-02, 04:52   Link #95
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lade View Post

ground.

Not really.
Every war wears down a country. 1 more enemy to fight, 1 less frontline Britannia can hold.
If Japan was to resist with all their might, then Britania's advance to the rest of the world can be slowed down, and their death would not be in vain if other countries, such as the EU and Chinese Alliance can hold their ground against Britannia.

What Suzaku did, even though his action may have brought less japanese casualties, is nothing short of TREASON.
Old 2007-02-02, 05:01   Link #96
seraphon

weird that no one is shocked that a 8 year old (I m not sure about the age) brat can kill his own father. I mean when you are 8, you dont usually think about things like if I kill my father the war will stop....

I say that this only show that suzaku is indeed a psychopat, a murderer disguising himself as a hero of justice. I you are able to kill your father at such a young age, you can kill anyone and with no reason too.
The only reason that I think could justify killing your own parents is if the parents are uberviolent with the child to the point where the child health is in danger.

I hate suzaku and he deserves it
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 05:15   Link #97
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
weird that no one is shocked that a 8 year old (I m not sure about the age) brat can kill his own father. I mean when you are 8, you dont usually think about things like if I kill my father the war will stop....

I say that this only show that suzaku is indeed a psychopat, a murderer disguising himself as a hero of justice. I you are able to kill your father at such a young age, you can kill anyone and with no reason too.
The only reason that I think could justify killing your own parents is if the parents are uberviolent with the child to the point where the child health is in danger.

Well, considering he's a teenager that can run faster than shots from an automatic sentry machine gun, and dodge bullets at point blank distance from Mao, I hate to imagine what kind of superhuman he was at 8

Last edited by aohige; 2007-02-02 at 07:49.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 05:17   Link #98
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
No you hate him because you want to and all you do is look for more reason that you then interpret wiht your infailable logic and then brag about it.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 06:50   Link #99
attobyte

Well, with Mao's death a question arises.
About the mind reading geass, has it returned to C.C., so she can give it to another contractor, or is it gone for good ? (maybe, in order to lose her immortality, she needs to transfer all the geass within her and with the contractor's death the power is released).
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 07:25   Link #100
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Finally, more of Suzakus past is explained. Hopefully they don't just stop here and continue to develop more of his character because it still needs lots of development.

And seriously, since when did a PM dying have so much influence over the war? Shouldn't the vice-PM have stepped in or something?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote