AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 20 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 8.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 13:59   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Eden of the East - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Eden of the East, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:52   Link #2
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I have just a question about this episode. I mean i guess everything will be explained sooner or later, but what about the guy that gave his pants to Akira? °°;

How do you explain that? I admit that initially i was wondering if Akira's "Johnny" has some sort of magical power. Like Code Geass... but not with the eyes... ahem...

After rewatching i understood how he convinced that police woman that he wasn't the suspect ( i missed the reason the first time ^^;;; ), but it's still very strange considering the picture portraying Saki was a lot more clear.

Also did everyone noticed already that the map showing Akira's apartment can be easily pinpointed on a real map? It's on Constitution Ave NW (part of this name and part of "Pennsylvania Ave NW" can be seen) and it appears to be in front of the "National Archive and Records Administrations". However i checked on Google Earth and there's a little park in that place.

Ah and did anyone manage to read what is written on the notes placed on the map on Akira's apartement?

Old 2009-04-29, 15:15   Link #3
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I have just a question about this episode. I mean i guess everything will be explained sooner or later, but what about the guy that gave his pants to Akira? °°;

How do you explain that? I admit that initially i was wondering if Akira's "Johnny" has some sort of magical power. Like Code Geass... but not with the eyes... ahem...
I've heard it's a joke about America's government and politics. The guy sorta looks like a Congressman too if you think about it.

I dunno though the full details though
Old 2009-04-29, 15:46   Link #4
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
I've heard it's a joke about America's government and politics. The guy sorta looks like a Congressman too if you think about it.

I dunno though the full details though
I should probably be more up to date on my own country's politics... all I remember was there was some scandal with one of the Congressmen but I don't remember his name or the details of the scandal (there seem to be so many of the darned things nowadays anyway).

I think it was explained somewhere back in the general discussion topic...
Old 2009-05-03, 18:04   Link #5
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I should probably be more up to date on my own country's politics... all I remember was there was some scandal with one of the Congressmen but I don't remember his name or the details of the scandal (there seem to be so many of the darned things nowadays anyway).

You mean governor spitzer and that really expensive (though quite good looking :P) prostitute?
Old 2009-05-24, 01:58   Link #6
jp_zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post

I think it's be better to be knowledgeable about timeless philosophical wisdom than the contingent drivel of modern democratic politics.
Old 2009-05-25, 23:13   Link #7
Nobodyman9
Banned

I just saw this episode for the first time yesterday, and I have to say that I am quite intrigued and very excited about this series. It has mystery, humor and some damn fine animation. I'm looking forward to how Akira and Saki's relationship plays. Also the English, while sounding kind of awkward at times, was overall very well done. I can't wait to see the next episode.
Closed Thread