AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-27, 19:12   Link #1281
boredandsleepy

Smile

I came across this news from several forums. Although I'm not a mecha fan, I think it's interesting to know. Apparently, this news does not come up until the 1st season of Gundam 00 is almost ended.

Source = http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-380.html

"Both Director Mitsuo Fukuda and Satoshi Shigeta had decided the promo video for "MG Force Impulse". Source came from the summary version of Gundam Goods Navigation from May 2008 Gundam Ace. The latest film for the "Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny" MG series is about the Force Impulse, Shin Asuka's favorite machine in his first half story. With Bandai Hobby Department joining with Sunrise, the promo video would be about 120 seconds. Director Mitsuo Fukuda would be responsible for the storyboard while Satoshi Shigeta would control the production. The mechanical is 3D CG based on plastic models. Hisashi Hirai will be in charge of the character graphics. TV staff is re-allied."

Note: Director Mitsuo Fukuda is the director for Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Hisashi Hirai is the original character design for both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

Gunota has brief information for MG Force Impulse on March 20, 2008:
Coming out alongside the MG Force Impulse will be a special promo video for it done by SEED staff members from Sunrise.

boredandsleepy
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 01:39   Link #1282
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

This had better not be focused on Shinn. I do not like his character or his personality. The central figures with the most screen time should be kira, lacus, cagalli, and athrun, and the secondary figures, like lunamaria and the captains (the one commanding arcangel and the other ship)... more so than Shin. Shin needs to be buried.
Old 2008-03-28, 02:29   Link #1283
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
This had better not be focused on Shinn. I do not like his character or his personality. The central figures with the most screen time should be kira, lacus, cagalli, and athrun, and the secondary figures, like lunamaria and the captains (the one commanding arcangel and the other ship)... more so than Shin. Shin needs to be buried.
That's not fair.

Shinn should he given more character development for... redemption.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 02:45   Link #1284
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Kira!!!!!! lol. Give us more Kira and Lacus and Strike Freedom ownage!!
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 02:54   Link #1285
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
Kira!!!!!! lol. Give us more Kira and Lacus and Strike Freedom ownage!!
Hehe, I'd love to see Kira being owned by Shinn possesed by his best friend... Ryuutaros.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 06:40   Link #1286
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Its a promo video about the Force Impulse...why the hell would it NOT feature Shinn.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:33   Link #1287
Killer Tomato

Quote:

No! It should focus more on KIRA and LACUS!! Because...they pilot the Force Impulse!!!
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:36   Link #1288
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

For the love of god...

Does every thing to do with the cosmic era have to focus on Kira, Lacus and the rest of those losers?

If anything, the less focus on those characters, the better. Astray is proof of this.
Old 2008-03-28, 13:47   Link #1289
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

But of course. The first two series did, after all. It just wouldn't be a major Seed work if it didn't focus on the two most perfect characters evah.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:11   Link #1290
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
For the love of god...

Does every thing to do with the cosmic era have to focus on Kira, Lacus and the rest of those losers?

If anything, the less focus on those characters, the better. Astray is proof of this.
How can you call the ones that´s defeated the entire world... twice(!) for losers?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:13   Link #1291
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
But of course. The first two series did, after all. It just wouldn't be a major Seed work if it didn't focus on the two most perfect characters evah.
How is a promo video for a model kit a major seed work?
Old 2008-03-29, 00:59   Link #1292
Synria_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I was so pissed when watching the first half of Destiny. They were focusing entirely on Shinn and his gang of hoodlums. Cagalli and Athrun basically became secondary characters and we hardly see anything of Kira and Lacus. My head was furious... How could they just drop all the main characters in Seed like that? On top of that I hated Shinn. So yah... watching the first part of Destiny was almost torture and had me nearly just quit watching. Luckily Kira, Lacus, and Athrun eventually took over the center stage in the latter half (Thank god!).

If this happens again... I will be very mad. Again, Shinn needs to be a secondary character. And I read the thing about the Force Impulse, I just wanted to express my opinion about it.
Old 2008-03-29, 01:27   Link #1293
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
How could they just drop all the main characters in Seed like that? On top of that I hated Shinn. So yah... watching the first part of Destiny was almost torture and had me nearly just quit watching. Luckily Kira, Lacus, and Athrun eventually took over the center stage in the latter half (Thank god!).
To be honest, I might not have minded Shinn and the others so much if they'd been given true slots as main characters. Destiny starts out with Athrun and Cagalli, so I think we're sort of led to thinking that they're going to be the main characters again. When Shinn came to their rescue at the end of the first episode I was totally expecting it to be Kira. I was partly disappointed at first, and then more disappointed when we discovered how Shinn's character was. Worse, they seemingly tried to balance air time between the old characters and the new characters. The fact that the new characters get shunned in the second half of the series only made it seem like series creators realized that it wasn't working out.

If we were introduced to this post-SEED world and had a go at it with a new cast of characters, we would have wanted to know how the old crew would have handled things but we'd accept it as it came. I think it would have been better if they'd given the old characters a cameo appearence of sorts, but not much else. Off the top of my head I can't think of any anime that have done this before (nor video games) but I feel like it isn't rare at all. I believe others have mentioned that this was done in earlier Gundam shows, too. It's really a pity that they botched this one...
Old 2008-03-29, 05:39   Link #1294
Killer Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
For the love of god...

Too bad your views won't be considered for the GS movie/3rd series, whichever they're gonna do.

Shame really.
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 06:23   Link #1295
tetsuo69

great news ^^ cant wait, ill rather watch bitc hing shinn any day over gundam 00 setsuna, atleast shinn show emotion XD, the heero yuy didnt work for setsuna XD Heero was kool XD

boredandsleepy- thanks for the new info keep us update

btw i would rather have a cross bone anime series XD
Old 2008-03-29, 10:35   Link #1296
ThoHell

Oh god. They going to continue the suckiness of the GSD series...... wow they never learn or are just trying to revive something that's dead. Shin was annoying as hell. From the ending of the special edition and other sources, I thought it would be focused on more the counsel and trying to unite forces, Lacus and Cagalli shouting their heads away and everyone being awed by Kira, or something like that. But please...I had my fill of Shin. Need something a little new would be nice, something not so old and used up. A scandal would be nice........ or Kira supposedly dying in battle, then loosing his memory and ends up fighting everyone he loves, a war hungry Kira who using his "ultimate coordinator" skills to the max!

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-03-29 at 10:54.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 11:25   Link #1297
Neku
yare yare..

..About the Force Impulse..?
Are its sales that bad?
I hope they make it a good one this time..
The Freedom trying to slash Impulse's "cockpit" scene was just to show that Impulse could separate parts.. and I believed what happened was it didn't at all boost sales >.>

Who knows? They'd probably throw in a Kira piloting Impulse just to promote it =p
Old 2008-03-29, 14:18   Link #1298
Synria_

That event were Impulse speared through the shield was utter crap. Nothing made sense in that scene. Science doesn't even support it. The only thing that would make sense is that the sword get deflected, but it went through even at an angle. My mind was blown away at such stupid logic.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:51   Link #1299
carmolita

The article never said that shin would be piloting the MG Force Impulse in the new film (keeping in mind that it was given to lunamaria when he got his new machine (destiny/legend) in gundam seed destiny). It just said that it was the machine he used in the first half of the series (which is true by disk 8 he no longer had it) So assuming they put this machine in the new film it's still a question as to who it's pilot would be.... And assuming shin is suppose to be a changed man I'd doubt he'd want to go back to a machine which harbors ill feelings or have no meaning..Afterall, athrun never went back to the aegis and kira never went back to the strike instead they reinvented themselves with the freedom and justice..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 17:03   Link #1300
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
And assuming shin is suppose to be a changed man I'd doubt he'd want to go back to a machine which harbors ill feelings or have no meaning..Afterall, athrun never went back to the aegis and kira never went back to the strike instead they reinvented themselves with the freedom and justice..
Umm, Athrun never went back to the Aegis because he blew it up...its kinda hard to go back to an MS when you've purposely destroyed it.

Kira never went back to the Strike because he got a better MS.

So your arguments are quite invalid, and make no freaking sense.

Oh, and how does the Impulse harbor ill feelings? Mind explaining that one for me?

And why do people think this promo video is going to be the next big CE thing? Its probably going to be something like the evolve shorts; simply showing off the Impulse doing some fancy moves.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep