AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-14, 11:02   Link #7821
tsunade666

it actually starts all over again.Their is no number in the site but presumably it's vol 1 of To Aru Majutsu no Index: New testament. It's a continuation with Shiage and Accelerator as the main lead and a new freshman shows up. Which apparently is another loli girl.

With Index in necesarius because their is no Touma anymore so she's not allowed in academy city plus their is an upcoming battle between angelican church and academy city.

Mikoto..... don't care. Maybe she's being emotional in her own ways. I wish Saten shows up in this volume.
Old 2011-02-14, 11:18   Link #7822
Marina2

About what was discussed on previous page, I think vol.15 is very suitable volume for a movie/OVA.

For a new freshman on the upcomming volume's cover, I would assume that she's a reletive of Frenda . Anyway, no matter my guess is right or wrong, from how Hamazura look at her, she might be a new person in his harem.

As for Touma, maybe someone found him in his coma state and kept him somewhere in the world.

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-02-14 at 11:51.
Old 2011-02-14, 12:44   Link #7823
tsunade666

I wish Touma really ended up getting drag into another world or I want to see him journey into Heaven. Heaven in to aru world is pretty messed up for me. It exist and the same time it didn't. The other plane is the source of magic but the other plane doesn't even intervene in our plane. It's like a one sided benefits. I'm no good in science but I think their is a relationship like that between creatures. The creature benefits on each other. The other plane benefits from the faith and prayer of this plane while this plane ask for power on the other plane.

I wish what Aiwass meant when he said "it would be good if he at least saw it" meant the heaven and not the dark side of academy city or other places.
Old 2011-02-14, 13:46   Link #7824
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So......huh?? From the responses to my question, the author has tossed away Touma and started on something off on a new tangent after all? If that's true, I......can't say in good conscious that that's good writing. So Touma disappears, and not only do we get no answer to what happened to him, but the author just leaves his story like that? That's not even an ending............

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
The story beginns right after World War 3 so there is no cliffhanger
If there's no "what happened next" to the cliffhanger of Touma disappearing after the plane incident, then it's still a cliffhanger.

Naturally I'll hold my official opinion on what the heck is going on now until I've actually read what this volume is about like everybody else, but so far the info I'm hearing isn't good .....I would still like to believe that the author isn't seriously doing something dumb like that though.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:03   Link #7825
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So......huh?? From the responses to my question, the author has tossed away Touma and started on something off on a new tangent after all? If that's true, I......can't say in good conscious that that's good writing. So Touma disappears, and not only do we get no answer to what happened to him, but the author just leaves his story like that? That's not even an ending............

If there's no "what happened next" to the cliffhanger of Touma disappearing after the plane incident, then it's still a cliffhanger.

Naturally I'll hold my official opinion on what the heck is going on now until I've actually read what this volume is about, but so far the info I'm hearing isn't good .....I would still like to believe that the author isn't seriously doing something dumb like that though.
You have volume 15 without Touma and it's not the end of the world. And leaving the main protagonist out of the story for a while does not necessarily mean that it's bad writing. If you need an example here then look at DragonBall, Goku did disapeared or died several times, sometimes without knowing what actually happened to him, and during this time, the story centered on other main characters. In Toaru you still have 3 protagonists - Index, Accel, Shiage and several antagonists, whitch leaves a lot of space for a great story without Touma.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:43.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:10   Link #7826
Miraluka
Banned

Add vol. 19 there, Touma didn't appeared except for few lines in the epilogue.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:54   Link #7827
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Naturally I'll hold my official opinion on what the heck is going on now until I've actually read what this volume is about like everybody else, but so far the info I'm hearing isn't good .....I would still like to believe that the author isn't seriously doing something dumb like that though.
I dont think the author is gonna put a "Bleach" plot on us. HE seems to know better. Anyway, who knows what'll happen, maybe touma will come in the epilogue or something related to him.

Got a question, can someone explain the plot of this story to me. I hear from alot of people that this series has no plot but maybe its because they are the anime only people.
Old 2011-02-14, 16:00   Link #7828
Miraluka
Banned

Well from I got, there will be a "suprise" at the end of the next volume.

I think its not necessary to be Touma but at least a hint or a foreshadowing can be enough to please the people who miss him since the last volume.
Old 2011-02-14, 16:45   Link #7829
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay I'm a bit of a latecomer to all this stuff about this "New Testament" volume, but what's going on? So this isn't volume 23 coming out on March 10th? If not, when is 23 coming out?

I just think the author could have chosen a better time than on such a big cliffhanger to start up on what sounds like side stories. I didn't expect Touma to show back up right at the start of 23 (in fact like many others I expected his return to be another cliffhanger at the end of volume 23), but it almost sounds like we're leaving Touma entirely.........
Rather than a side story, it's more like a new beginning.

Think of it like Shippuden, and Touma disappearing is like Sasuke (lol).
Old 2011-02-14, 17:10   Link #7830
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Rather than a side story, it's more like a new beginning.

Think of it like Shippuden, and Touma disappearing is like Sasuke (lol).
god thats a terrible comparison
Old 2011-02-14, 17:54   Link #7831
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

Got a question, can someone explain the plot of this story to me. I hear from alot of people that this series has no plot but maybe its because they are the anime only people.
It's not that this story has no plot, but that it has many intricate plots that weave around each other. For Touma, the main plot is getting dragged into magic fights. For Accelerator it's to find redemption- Each character has their own plot and story line.

However, the main plot overall of this story would probably be, 'Following Aleister Crowley's secret plan while at the same time screwing it up'.
Old 2011-02-14, 18:01   Link #7832
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
It's not that this story has no plot, but that it has many intricate plots that weave around each other. For Touma, the main plot is getting dragged into magic fights. For Accelerator it's to find redemption- Each character has their own plot and story line.

However, the main plot overall of this story would probably be, 'Following Aleister Crowley's secret plan while at the same time screwing it up'.
i guess its just soooo long sometimes people dont know where its going
Old 2011-02-14, 18:07   Link #7833
BakaOnna

For me, I find the world building that the author does much more interesting than the actual plot. Not saying the plot is bad; I just really really like the setting and how the author expands it by having multiple protagonists on each side with each their own goals and going through arcs learning more about AC and the world of Index.
Old 2011-02-14, 18:17   Link #7834
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's fortunate that for most of us, we were introduced to Index by the anime, at that time the novel was already... What? vol 17? So we have most of the story laid out for us already.

If you look back though each of the early arc from the vols in season one introduce a vital component for the major story. Misha, The Misaka Network, Book of the Law, Kazakiri Hyouka just to name a few.

Btw, anyone notice that the end of every month is also the end of a major segment of the story, and it involves the pov of multiple heroes?

August 31st - Three story Arc
September 30th - Vento invades
October 31st - End of WWIII

My guess is [New Testament] would follow the format and end in November 30th.
Old 2011-02-14, 18:47   Link #7835
AP24

I am sure Touma will come back cause the origin of his Imagine Breaker and the meaning of his name are yet to be fully explained.
Old 2011-02-14, 19:28   Link #7836
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
It was from Mugino Shizuri of ITEM.
“Yo. Since you answered, I guess you survived. And I’m assuming you didn’t screw up, get handcuffed, and had someone put the phone to your ear.”
“Yeah, I’m alive… I was the ‘lucky winner’, so I’m assuming you’re fine.”
“Good work with that. I had things a lot easier because of it. Sorry, but you need to come right back. You have some underling work to do.”
Hamazura made an unpleasant expression at the thought of work and Mugino continued.
Saying this didn’t bother her at all.
I’ve got a body here I need you to dispose of.”
Guess who is the winner .
Old 2011-02-14, 19:48   Link #7837
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I am sure Touma will come back cause the origin of his Imagine Breaker and the meaning of his name are yet to be fully explained.
Well, he doesn't necessary need to be there for them to explain it...
Old 2011-02-14, 20:12   Link #7838
Flere821
Lurker

After seeing the new cover... I had a crazy thought.

Touma ends up being reborn as a girl, living under-cover in Academy City but due to his (her?) tendencies to help others even though it'll be troublesome (eg being chased by thugs from way back before meeting Index) he ends up being dragged into the Dark Side.

Though that just might be me wanting to see the 3 protagonists of the Science Side on the same cover for once
Old 2011-02-14, 20:25   Link #7839
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Though that just might be me wanting to see the 3 protagonists of the Science Side on the same cover for once
Yup, you are crazy

You know what we need now that Touma's MIA? A pure magic protagonist, to see things from their pov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
For me, I find the world building that the author does much more interesting than the actual plot. Not saying the plot is bad; I just really really like the setting and how the author expands it by having multiple protagonists on each side with each their own goals and going through arcs learning more about AC and the world of Index.
I agree, the setting is very important. A good story would only last as long as the show, but once you lay out a solid foundation, you can find ways to use it over and over again. Before Index, I had set up shop in the Nanoha threads because I was fascinated by the setting. I moved over to Toaru cause the world and laws here are better defined plus the characters don't cluster together as much.
Old 2011-02-14, 20:50   Link #7840
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe Touma got a body while his own is.... missing in the heaven?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen