AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-10-01, 22:00   Link #1401
alucard13mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Finished my payment and got an e-mail on my Mio Akiyama ALTER (School Festival version) Figurine.
It should be here next week, stay tuned!
i should get it next week as well ;3.. i hope she has those panties.
Old 2010-10-02, 00:13   Link #1402
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
i should get it next week as well ;3.. i hope she has those panties.
Oh god why did you mention this, Now I beg to my god (Haruhi) that there are "those" panties

Anyhow, I'm thinking where it would be cheaper for me to order, HLJ suppose to lower prices next week...

BTW, In HobbySearch - it shows it's "Ready for Shipment" it means it hasn't been shipped yet right?

Arigatou Gozaimasu! (Amirite?)
Old 2010-10-05, 03:58   Link #1403
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

K-On Prop Petit Plus Vol. 2 Gashapon (Box of 10)
Old 2010-10-05, 20:26   Link #1404
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Oh god why did you mention this, Now I beg to my god (Haruhi) that there are "those" panties

Anyhow, I'm thinking where it would be cheaper for me to order, HLJ suppose to lower prices next week...

BTW, In HobbySearch - it shows it's "Ready for Shipment" it means it hasn't been shipped yet right?

aye... Ready For Shipment means they have it in stock, its probably wrapped and just awaiting the next arrival of a delivery van to pick it up.
That's how most shipping departments work anyway.
Old 2010-10-05, 22:48   Link #1405
Kudryavka

Quote:

urrite.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:28   Link #1406
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
urrite.
Komariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Anyhow, I compared the new "prices" of HLJ against HobbySearch and it seems HLJ are more expensive, to me at least, the high price of the figurine won't justify the 50% on Fedex.
Old 2010-10-06, 08:35   Link #1407
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Haven't checked the prices so I can't say for sure ... but seriously ? If HLJ has few yens more on the price than HobbySearch, you'll buy from HS ? HS is very expensive when it comes to shipping.

In other words... you sure HS's fig + shipping is still lower, than HLJ's fig + 50% shipping ?
Old 2010-10-07, 01:26   Link #1408
alucard13mm

HLJ is much more expensive.
look up the Alter Ritsu.. HLJ has her at 9,300 yen i think and HS/Ami has her at around 7,800 yen. I mean.. WTF??? thats a HUGE difference in pricing.

Dist: i think the most expensive shipping is ami. i always seem to get hit with surprise shipping rates when they change my shipping to EMS.

Also...
Old 2010-10-07, 01:40   Link #1409
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Komariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Anyhow, I compared the new "prices" of HLJ against HobbySearch and it seems HLJ are more expensive, to me at least, the high price of the figurine won't justify the 50% on Fedex.
Why do you even use FedEx when EMS should be sufficient enough?
Old 2010-10-07, 01:46   Link #1410
alucard13mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
indeed, why? ;3. i just dont think the promotions that HLJ does is very "useful". i just think its a way for them to clear some inventory. honestly i try to use SAL as much as i can and EMS for multiple.

also anyone know why retailers hate it when you cancel pre-orders? they discourage it =(. i dont see any problem canceling as long as the pre-ordering session is still open. it does not affect their sales in anyway and i dont even think they do any more work if you cancel. its probably all done with the database anyways. its just way too expensive pre-ordering stuff that isnt released till half a year later.. and as months passes by.. new/better figures come out and you want to use ur money on those. i understand why its bad once pre-orders is closed. if a retailer store allows more freedom to canceling, i will shop there instead (even if prices are slightly more expensive.. slightly)
Old 2010-10-07, 03:21   Link #1411
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I don't use FedEx, I just wanted to compare prices because they have 50% off on HLJ, but it's still more expensive then HobbySearch + EMS.

Anyhow, my Mio figurine is in the customs, Haruhi Kami-Sama please let this figurine pass the custom without paying them, at least in the future I don't want to pay customs for the Asuka and Ritsu figures
Old 2010-10-07, 04:07   Link #1412
alucard13mm

lots of goodies coming in from february.. ritsu, ballerina rei, ballerina asuka, and figma KOSMOS. lol i have a bad feeling on my wallet and i bet there will be more goodies between now till feb. i hope theres no more k-on products and that the craze died down (until the movie comes out).
Old 2010-10-07, 06:41   Link #1413
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I've never bought any anime figurines and I'm not planning to, but, this is a really cool one I happened to stumble upon so I thought I'd share it.

bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 08:26   Link #1414
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I've never bought any anime figurines and I'm not planning to, but, this is a really cool one I happened to stumble upon so I thought I'd share it.

This is ridiculous! How can they release something so cute when I am running low on funds!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 09:41   Link #1415
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

The Post Office and customs are insane! 47$ Taxes for the figurines?!
Unfortunately I can only talk to them on Sunday, damn it they are making me mad, I'm willing to pay VAT and Taxes like a good citizen, but this is a theft on day light.
Old 2010-10-07, 10:56   Link #1416
Dist

Oh regarding that .. I'm not sure how it's in Israel, but in finland ... Toys have higher percentage for taxes than collectibles do. I know a friend who always has to fight with the customs when she orders figurines, because they label them as toys when they're not.

Customs really suck, don't they :P. What annoys me the most about that is that the shipping is counted towards the price of the item, so you also pay taxes technically from the shipping fees.
Old 2010-10-07, 11:19   Link #1417
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
also anyone know why retailers hate it when you cancel pre-orders? they discourage it =(. i dont see any problem canceling as long as the pre-ordering session is still open. it does not affect their sales in anyway and i dont even think they do any more work if you cancel. its probably all done with the database anyways. its just way too expensive pre-ordering stuff that isnt released till half a year later.. and as months passes by.. new/better figures come out and you want to use ur money on those. i understand why its bad once pre-orders is closed. if a retailer store allows more freedom to canceling, i will shop there instead (even if prices are slightly more expensive.. slightly)
I've never encountered any problems with canceling whenever I've made a pre-order and I've done it up to four times now. I merely cancel the item and it's gone from my list. No questions asked or anything.

Maybe if you kept pre-ordering and canceling they would get pissed over time, but other than that, I too don't see the problem.

And yes, custom taxes suck. I've paid up to 1/3 or even half of the total price on occasion. Collecting figurines is definitely an expensive hobby.
Old 2010-10-07, 11:26   Link #1418
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Oh regarding that .. I'm not sure how it's in Israel, but in finland ... Toys have higher percentage for taxes than collectibles do. I know a friend who always has to fight with the customs when she orders figurines, because they label them as toys when they're not.

Customs really suck, don't they :P. What annoys me the most about that is that the shipping is counted towards the price of the item, so you also pay taxes technically from the shipping fees.
It's very depressing, I wanted to buy 3 other expensive figurines but the customs and the post office gonna ****ing kill me with their idiotic taxes and "services", I'm going to talk to the customs on Sunday and tell them it's a huge problem, it's just a PVC Figurine, not electronic or anything else, it's intended to be on my shelf and nothing more...

Please wish me good luck, I'll need it against stubborn Israeli idiots.
Old 2010-10-07, 14:51   Link #1419
Dist

^That doesn't matter lol. Electronics or not, each type of item has their own taxes and you MUST pay them, doesn't matter how much you complain. Either you pay them, or they keep the figurine. Look, I gotta pay 22% out of 100-150€ per month too, when I order giant amount of anime related magazines off Amazon.co.jp ... It really sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it. Those magazines are just gonna be in my closet and the posters up on my walls, but so what ? You gotta pay for everything you bring to the country.

But do note, that like I explained, Toys have higher taxes than Collectibles ( Atleast in here ) and customs most likely think of the figure as a toy .. you may be able to lower the taxes if you can get them to understand it's not a toy, but you aint going to be able to skip the customs.

However, with future orders, if you're lucky you may be able to avoid customs. I never avoided customs on EMS or FedEx packages, but I never paid customs with SAL packages ... Not sure why, but yeah. If the package is small, it might go through without them inspecting it and finding out it's value.

As for the preorder thing .. I think it might be, lets say.. the shop knows they will have stock for 5000 people of the said item. If you preorder it, doesn't that mean someone else can't when they've taken 5000 preorders in ? Maybe that's why .. not sure, though.
Old 2010-10-07, 15:52   Link #1420
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

But there is a difference between paying 22% of the value and 75%, "Doar Israel" (The Post office, the only one in Israel) Charges me for taking the package and papers and other stuff I don't know and didn't ask for them!
I'm going to talk to them on Sunday and hopefully come to reason with them so they won't make any trouble with the other figurines I'll order.

Unfortunately I can't order ALTER Asuka in SAL, that's a problem.