AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-20, 12:45   Link #181
4th Dimension

Also if there are multiple decadences going about that bit of lore about last refuge of humanity looses sense if the land is crawling with fortresses.

Also I think most of the broken ones are not actual wrecks but put there for atmosphere. Or so company claims.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-26, 14:10   Link #182
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nice bit of drama there with the body snatch scene. Honestly a nice job done with creating tension that they'd be caught. But, now they've got Kabu's body back and it now functions as free from the system as Natsume does. Kind of a perfect spot where they can both head on into this crazy situation and fight as a pair.

Of course the stakes are high and this won't be easy. No shock the slimy looking guy ended up being a traitor. I'm kind of amazed though he's continuing to be one after finding out what they've been running on. Maybe he's too scared that the plan couldn't work and would rather shovel that stuff for the rest of his life than take that risk. Regardless he's a dangerous element.

Now the stage is set. And we're even set for a bit of redemption for Minato later. Of course he's not onboard yet. He doesn't see the humans as anything more than lesser lifeforms. And he's comfortable in the system. He's got a pretty nice thing going for him. He cares about his friend, but he's not ready yet to take the risks that would come from dismantling the current system. He's not wrong either that there could be chaos and building a new order won't be easy. All the more so if humans realize what pawns they've been their whole lives. But...he's obviously going to side with his friend in the end.

Still not sure Kabu's avatar will survive this. Can easily see him sacrificing it too protect Natsume when the time comes. But for the time being these two are set to make their bold play and wreck that factory.
Old 2020-08-26, 16:48   Link #183
zeando
maybenotimome

Ep 8
The way Hugin jumped around was really weird, and a bit unsettling, as if he has actual anti-gravity built into his flesh body.

Taking down that monster farm seems to be more complicated than expected, but they are going step by step with it.

What i don't get was the part where they said a body with a chip can't even get close to the farm or it gets terminated or logged out.
Natsume being without a chip was explained before, but i don't get Kaburagi, his old banned body had his chip removed (why? that wasn't explained, because the body was listed as dead?), but how can Kaburagi connect to his old body without a chip?

I was assuming the bodies used by the Gears had to have some implant to allow the cyborgs to connect to them, and that implant had to have been the chip.
But it would seem those mentioned chips are only needed for control, control of the Tankers and the same for Gears. But the mentioned chips aren't what allows the cyborgs to connect to their bodies, some other implant should be there for that, something which wasn't explained, and maybe will never be explained.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-26, 18:52   Link #184
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They call themselves cyborgs, but they're really just androids, aren't they? Minato said they were created by the system. It also explains why they're usually so obedient and why they don't give a damn about humanity.

I wasn't expecting Kaburagi to get his avatar back so soon and I'm not sure about that whole explanation, but ok.

Natsume is in for quite a shock when she gets to the factory.
Old 2020-08-27, 00:00   Link #185
Funkatron
Highly irregular

This episode made me love Jill as a character all the more. He rousing speech to the masses was hilariously awesome

Also the sub of ep 5.5 is out

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 05:48   Link #186
zeando
maybenotimome

As pointed out by someone elsewhere, it seems the names of the main game police aren't random:

Quote:
In Norse mythology, Huginn (from Old Norse "thought"[1]) and Muninn (Old Norse "memory"[2] or "mind"[3]) are a pair of ravens that fly all over the world, Midgard, and bring information to the god Odin.
I wonder if the main characters will eventually see face to face the central ai which manages the system, basically the boss of Hugin, or if the control ai will remain an existence hidden in the background.
(there aren't lots of episodes left anyway, only 4 more)
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 17:20   Link #187
Dextro
He Without a Title

That scene to recover the avatar was pretty neat but given that the director is on the record as being inspired by Western animation like Wreck it Ralph it becomes pretty obvious where the the scene took its inspiration from: the entire thing is almost certainly inspired by the final door chase sequence in Monsters Inc. Honestly it's pretty cool to see Pixar inspire Anime here.
Old 2020-08-27, 18:51   Link #188
Blueknight78

hmm i don't know if it already was talked but i was thinking about a "wild theory" about the "monsters" which since next episode we gonna see the invasion to the monster factory have a small chance to be true...

we know which when a robot become too old or get punished to be scratched they "took away" the robot "core"(his soul) and we don't know for sure what they do with all the "cores", we know which some of then are "recicled(get a "format"), erasing all the robot old self and making it a new core (if i'm not wrong and it was showed in the anime), if not then we just don't know, then in the case of the "ones we don't know...

i was thinking based on the "monster" we saw which was "smart" and strong, then if they "use the discarded robots" cores as "source for the monsters AI, at last the "most strongs", it can be "direct attached to the monster after his full body creation" or it can be connected to the monster like in the same way the robots connect to they avatars, i means would be a little cliche but interesting twist for the mc to find out which they were "fighting" others robots all the time" in a "cicle" and are just really being full used as tools, the ones which got punushed and discarded become "monsters" to fight others news robots in the same way they see humans as just "tools" they do the same to the robots and use the "deemed" beyond any "fix" and turn then in monsters to fight against the others robots.

it could be interesting when the mc invade the facility and find which "that famous young robot" which he saw being discarded appear to him as a "monster" for him to have to fight and kill, that would be a reall y interesting twist for me.
Old 2020-08-29, 13:07   Link #189
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Looks like the surest way to appeal to someone is through their stomach. Also Jill best girl.

Anyway if the robots are former humans I wonder why they don't remember their human life. Or was that engineered out of them as well...
Old 2020-09-02, 14:27   Link #190
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Episode 9 surprised me this time. I figured all the things set up would take place over 2-3 episodes. Instead it all paid off in a single one.

Which of course leaves a lot they can do in the last few episodes. The Gadoll...and likely poor Pipe are gone for good. Or at least they aren't coming back any time soon. Not off the table that the System might have a reserve grouping under a separate command system. But for now I'll just count them as gone.

But there's plenty still up in the air. The System is a big deal and could shut down everyone if it wants to. And now that Natsume has been identified she's not going to be safe as it stands. That's putting aside the massive mental shock of finding out how much around her has been manufactured. So we've got time to throw in a big showdown against the system and even fit in Kaburagi fighting in his true form.

A pretty intense day there for Natsume. But hey...the Gadoll have been wiped out . So that is something positive. Now just seeing what kind of crazy consequences will come from this open revolt.

Also yeah, Jill is awesome .
Old 2020-09-02, 18:57   Link #191
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wouldn't be surprised if Pipe survived because he's a bug. The big "wipe all Gadolls" button was really convenient, until now I had assumed the plan was to destroy the factory to prevent more from getting made and then killing the survivors in the wild by hand.

We'll see how Natsume will react to the truth. Even though she's seen some pretty crazy thing, it's going to be hard to swallow for her.
Old 2020-09-02, 20:18   Link #192
Wandering Soul

Well, the Gadoll factory has been dealt with, but the system is still intact so we'll see how they react to this.

I'm curious as to how Natsume will react to all of this. She's tough ,but this will be a lot for even her.
Old 2020-09-02, 21:39   Link #193
grecefar

Nothing better than seeing it with you own eyes just like natsume did.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 08:04   Link #194
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Great episode but there were two things that just left me perplexed.

Hugin getting put out of commission just because of a flood. After all the superhuman feats we witnessed from him I reckoned he would be able to shrug off something like that. Then there's Donatello being so ridiculously strong. You'd think the system wouldn't create a regular cyborg so strong that he could single-handedly defeat a whole army of enforcers. Even considering the possibility that he exceeded the limits, the system should have had countermeasures for that, especially when it knew he possessed that knowledge (that's the very reason he was sent down there). Perhaps the system itself is bugged?

At any rate Kaburagi really should have talked to Natsume beforehand or at least he should have come up with a believable explanation for what she was going to witness. This could have jeopardized the whole mission and it still can make their escape harder if Natsume is under shock or confusion. But I guess it made the revelation more dramatic that way.

Lastly I wonder what Jill has to gain from all of this. Her determination to make the operation succeed can be hardly justified by her desire to help someone whom she met a few days ago. She probably has some very deep grudge against the system, I'm curious to know more about her backstory.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 20:00   Link #195
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Pipe survived because he's a bug. The big "wipe all Gadolls" button was really convenient, until now I had assumed the plan was to destroy the factory to prevent more from getting made and then killing the survivors in the wild by hand.

We'll see how Natsume will react to the truth. Even though she's seen some pretty crazy thing, it's going to be hard to swallow for her.
But what are they going to eat now? Their menu was the Gadoll's remains.
Old 2020-09-04, 04:11   Link #196
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Great episode but there were two things that just left me perplexed.

Hugin getting put out of commission just because of a flood. After all the superhuman feats we witnessed from him I reckoned he would be able to shrug off something like that. Then there's Donatello being so ridiculously strong. You'd think the system wouldn't create a regular cyborg so strong that he could single-handedly defeat a whole army of enforcers. Even considering the possibility that he exceeded the limits, the system should have had countermeasures for that, especially when it knew he possessed that knowledge (that's the very reason he was sent down there). Perhaps the system itself is bugged?

At any rate Kaburagi really should have talked to Natsume beforehand or at least he should have come up with a believable explanation for what she was going to witness. This could have jeopardized the whole mission and it still can make their escape harder if Natsume is under shock or confusion. But I guess it made the revelation more dramatic that way.

Lastly I wonder what Jill has to gain from all of this. Her determination to make the operation succeed can be hardly justified by her desire to help someone whom she met a few days ago. She probably has some very deep grudge against the system, I'm curious to know more about her backstory.
I wouldn't be sure Hugins is out for good. I imagine he might just have been driven away by the flood but he wasn't beaten.
Old 2020-09-04, 07:31   Link #197
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I hadn't thought about that. That's a really good question. Maybe everything is normal outside the dome? (no humans, but wildlife, etc...).
Old 2020-09-04, 07:59   Link #198
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wouldn't be sure Hugins is out for good. I imagine he might just have been driven away by the flood but he wasn't beaten.
Well of course, I'm pretty sure he's still alive, especially since that was just his avatar not his real body. But given that he can defy gravity and ignore the gadoll's antigravity field I expected him to be able to shrug off a flood and quickly resume his pursuit. Unless his avatar wasn't waterproof...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I wonder how much Kaburagi thought that through. Tankers may have enough food reserves to last until they resume agriculture now that the land is safe to toil. But the real question is: can the cyborgs survive without the Gadoll? Can they produce Oxyone without creating Gadoll first?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 17:01   Link #199
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well of course, I'm pretty sure he's still alive, especially since that was just his avatar not his real body. But given that he can defy gravity and ignore the gadoll's antigravity field I expected him to be able to shrug off a flood and quickly resume his pursuit. Unless his avatar wasn't waterproof...

I wonder how much Kaburagi thought that through. Tankers may have enough food reserves to last until they resume agriculture now that the land is safe to toil. But the real question is: can the cyborgs survive without the Gadoll? Can they produce Oxyone without creating Gadoll first?
Lot of questions to be answered no doubt. Although I suspect they can survive without the Gadoll. If the cyborgs can (unpleasantly) survive off the droppings of the Gadoll then their functional requirements can't be that extreme. Admittedly it was an interesting twist to tie their nutritional needs to their main form of entertainment, but I at least suspect they have other means to create oxyone. Or at the very least wherever the main bodies are being stored I suspect they have enough of it in storage for the immediate future.

Heck I don't know how long Kaburagi was starving himself, but he appeared able to survive decently long without any. If the cyborgs put all their resources into creating a less deadly source of oxyone I could see them making it just fine.
Old 2020-09-05, 01:10   Link #200
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Exploding fecal matter >>>>>>> all