Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-05, 11:18   Link #201
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hadn't thought about that. That's a really good question. Maybe everything is normal outside the dome? (no humans, but wildlife, etc...).
They can turn the game into a world-building game and keep everybody happy.
Old 2020-09-06, 14:37   Link #202
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Exploding fecal matter >>>>>>> all
Shit really hit the fan.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-09, 11:01   Link #203
grecefar

Natsume reaction was spot on, it was too much for her but then she lash out to kaburagi. I believe she wanted some epic battle against a gadoll and that was the confidence she wanted, but the true is more cruel.

As expected the gadoll can be recovered in a few years, the delete button was too conveniet to end the anime, things are going to get harder now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-09, 12:28   Link #204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it makes sense that they continue on in this way. True enough it would be possible to just rebuild the factory if they don't deal with the core issues here. Though it does at least somewhat eliminate the main Gadoll issue...or at least it would have.

Much like any time in fiction where you create monsters for convenience, it is going to blow up on everyone. That one Gadoll going full Xenomorph on us. Finding a way around the system by infecting one of the gear bodies before disappearing. That infection was clear from any shut down command and in classic style burst out of the victim. Going around eating the bodies laying around until it became...the last boss for the Deca Dence itself. Having it go down bringing down this creature would make the most sense. Clearing up both the issue of having that big machine out there and forcing everyone out into the world.

Natsume got some good moments here and that was appreciated. She had a lot to unpack and work through. Of course she'd go through all those emotions. All before leading up to going right back to putting her trust in Kaburagi once more.

And again as you'd expect...his avatar is truly wrecked this time. Any fighting going forward will be done in his real body. Understandable since he'd have to both meet up and fight beside Natsume as himself at least once in this story. No idea how Natsume is going to survive this though...the situation is rather dire.
Old 2020-09-09, 16:56   Link #205
Wandering Soul

It was clear that the Gadoll wouldnot be gone for good,but the way they got around the system was pretty clever.

This episode had great moments for both Natsume and Kaburagi. I'm not surprised that the evil adminstartor ruined their final moment together, but it was still an effective way to enetr the scene and show that things arenot over yet.
Old 2020-09-09, 18:54   Link #206
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was obvious the Gadoll stinging the Gear was going to lead to something, but I wasn't expecting it to pop out like a Xenomorph. I'm a bit worried how this super Gadoll plot is going to be handled. We'll see.

Natsume's reaction to the truth was perfectly handled. Liked that Kurenai played her role in restoring her spirit. I wonder what kind of excuse will be used so that Hugin will spare Natsume. A good one, I hope.
Old 2020-09-09, 19:43   Link #207
grecefar

Well hugin knows he just killed the avatar, if he wants to get rid of kaburagi he needs natsume as bait, so she is safe for now.
Old 2020-09-09, 23:01   Link #208
orion

So, the pet Gadolls were "bugs". Kaburagi was lucky that Pipe wasn't a dangerous bug and that he wasn't there when Pipe was dying or he could have become Gadoll food like that Gear.
Old 2020-09-10, 00:13   Link #209
Chosen_Hero

I can't be the only one who wants to punch that stupid bird, right?
Old 2020-09-10, 08:05   Link #210
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It was obvious the Gadoll stinging the Gear was going to lead to something, but I wasn't expecting it to pop out like a Xenomorph.
That's the only thing I did expect. (Well, actually, I expected a whole brood of the things to burst out.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 15:46   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well hugin knows he just killed the avatar, if he wants to get rid of kaburagi he needs natsume as bait, so she is safe for now.
Makes sense. I can't wait to see Natsume's reaction when she'll meet the real Kaburagi.
Old 2020-09-12, 13:28   Link #212
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Makes sense. I can't wait to see Natsume's reaction when she'll meet the real Kaburagi.
Honestly I'm curious to see what's going to happen.

Quite suspiciously there's never been a case where a "cyborg" in its real body was seen side to side with a tanker.

Their design is so cartoonish and unrealistic that I just can't picture them alongside the more realistic design of tanker and gear avatars. I still have that idea that "cyborgs" are living in an augmented reality and their real bodies are different from how they appear to them, I guess we will see soon.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 14:59   Link #213
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Honestly I'm curious to see what's going to happen.

Quite suspiciously there's never been a case where a "cyborg" in its real body was seen side to side with a tanker.

Their design is so cartoonish and unrealistic that I just can't picture them alongside the more realistic design of tanker and gear avatars. I still have that idea that "cyborgs" are living in an augmented reality and their real bodies are different from how they appear to them, I guess we will see soon.
You mean like Expelled from Paradise where their consciousness was uploaded to the cloud and their designs/activities are based on allotted data.
Old 2020-09-16, 10:04   Link #214
Funkatron
Highly irregular

So, can we finally put to rest the theory that cyborgs don't have actual bodies?

Love seeing Natsume's interactions with Jill and the rest of the bugs. Cute indeed, Natsume.

Kabu became Deca-dence? Why do I see death flags raising yet again? Don't die, Kabu
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 11:37   Link #215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok, I'll give them credit. This went differently than I expected. It seemed a safe bet that all sides would unite against an unprecedented threat. But of course the System wouldn't go there. Credit to them for staying consistent. Forget cooperation and going with the "nuke em from orbit" strategy. Just destroy everything within that space and start fresh. Oh sure you'll be kind of out of luck when it comes to NPCs, but that's probably a small price to pay from their perspective.

So now we've got the fight mostly set up. Of course the battle against the giant monster is one major issue since it's pretty durable and actually knows how to catch a punch. But beyond that is still the countdown to annihilation. There's the hope that the countdown will stop if they wipe out that thing. But who knows. Might really be a necessity to battle it out with the system if not physically than with words.

Should be a fun finale for all this. Hopefully Kabu makes it out of this alive.
Old 2020-09-16, 19:05   Link #216
grecefar

Well kabu needs to meet natsume and kurenai in his original body, but the death flag is too high ;A;
Old 2020-09-17, 06:53   Link #217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm disappointed Natsume didn't realize it was Kaburagi she saw earlier after she met the other Cyborgs. Incidentally, she's almost too comfortable with the whole thing now
Old 2020-09-17, 16:24   Link #218
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Her imagined Kabu-cyborg was interesting.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 12:59   Link #219
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finally the biggest question is solved. The cyborgs all really do look like that lol.

Also, Jill seems to be one of the original creators of the System. And the cyborgs might really be once human at this rate
Old 2020-09-20, 18:15   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Also, Jill seems to be one of the original creators of the System. And the cyborgs might really be once human at this rate
Being one of the creators of Deca-Dence and being one of the creators of the System are two very different things. I doubt there are actually any real Cyborgs left, they were all created by the System like one of them explained earlier.