AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-08, 09:26   Link #21
Esperchld
Photographer

Neji's Buyakan would be useless in this fight. The most he could do is see chakra points for Haku who is bouncing from mirror to mirror looking like he is in all of them. You assume that once the demon mirrors is started that he is only going to attack with the pins? What is to stop him from attacking with the water on the ground (remember he can form ice to his will), or doing any kind of jutsu. Neji really has no chance once that thing is started. No one really does (well except for Naruto in Kyubi mode. Gaara would be slaughtered, his sand can't keep up with Rock Lee's 5th gate, and Haku is atleast as fast as that in the ice mirrors if not faster. I don't know, maybe a Sharingran user would stand a chance if they were ALLOWED to be in there long enough.
Old 2003-11-08, 09:55   Link #22
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
I think Haku would win this one pretty easily. He has much more experiance than any chunnin, was a hunter nin, and is one of the fastest if not the fastest characters we have ever seen.
Old 2003-11-08, 11:39   Link #23
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't think that Neji can win against Haku.
Sasuke was able to 'see' haku's movement because the sharingan allow him to guess them and Neji can't do that even if he can see the chakra too.

In fact it's pretty simple, if Haku's speed outclass Neji's reflex, Neji can't win and it's most likely the case, Haku moved litteraly in a glanze.
But if Neji can see an attack and use the Kaiten, the fight is over, Haku wasn't the tough one.
Old 2003-11-08, 14:44   Link #24
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

there is no way that neji could beat haku unless haku didnt use ice mirriors
Old 2003-11-08, 14:57   Link #25
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Neji's byakugan, although it doesn't allow for him to predict the opponents moves, still give's neji a clear advantage, especially when trapped inside the demon ice mirrors. Think about it, the advantage of the demonic ice mirrors is
1) Its a genjutsu that makes the opponent think that you are everywhere
2) It attacks from all sides and angles

Neji can easily counter this by using what HE's good at:
First step, release chakra, ward off needles.
Second Step, wait until Haku comes to attack, and use Kaiten to blast him back.

Of course, there will be those that argue Haku is simply too fast for Neji to keep track of, but again, i disagree. Remember, Kyubi-Naruto was much faster than Haku, but during the Neji/Naruto fight
Spoiler:

So what does this mean?

-Neji can see 360 attacks that Haku performs during the demonic ice mirrors
-Neji has an effective physical defense to Haku's close combat within the demonic ice mirrors AND Neji can also slowly close off chakra points.
-Neji has the speed to keep up with Haku

Actually, by "trapping" Neji within the Ice Mirrors, Haku probably made it harder for himself to win. After all, Kaiten Heavenly Spin deflects and counters all attacks. For Haku to limit himself to a small area where Neji's spin can do damage is a disadvantage to Haku.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2003-11-08, 17:39   Link #26
Testament
Inactive Member

Hmm.. even with all the abilities in Haku's arsenal you have to keep climate in mind. If it werent for all that water then Saskue and Naruto might have won. So it's safe to say that if Haku and Neji were fighting in a dry place. Neji would definitely win.
Old 2003-11-08, 20:51   Link #27
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
Neji's byakugan, although it doesn't allow for him to predict the opponents moves, still give's neji a clear advantage, especially when trapped inside the demon ice mirrors. Think about it, the advantage of the demonic ice mirrors is
1) Its a genjutsu that makes the opponent think that you are everywhere
2) It attacks from all sides and angles
It's not a genjutsu, it's a ninjutsu, you can be everywhere and attacks from all sides and angles in the same time for real.

Quote:
Neji can easily counter this by using what HE's good at:
First step, release chakra, ward off needles.
Second Step, wait until Haku comes to attack, and use Kaiten to blast him back.
Haku can lauch countless waves of needles, Neji can't use the kaiten that many time.

Quote:
Of course, there will be those that argue Haku is simply too fast for Neji to keep track of, but again, i disagree. Remember, Kyubi-Naruto was much faster than Haku, but during the Neji/Naruto fight
Spoiler:
And I don't think that Naruto was faster than Haku, when he moved between the mirror, Haku moved litteraly in a glanze.
Old 2003-11-08, 21:20   Link #28
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
It's not a genjutsu, it's a ninjutsu, you can be everywhere and attacks from all sides and angles in the same time for real.
Ok.. even if it is a ninjutsu, Neji's ultimate defense still blocks all attacks.

Quote:
Haku can lauch countless waves of needles, Neji can't use the kaiten that many time.
I'm not so sure about this. It would probably require a lot more chakra for Haku to keep up the teleporting mirror speed than for neji to expel chakra for the instant that the needles connect.

Quote:
And I don't think that Naruto was faster than Haku, when he moved between the mirror, Haku moved litteraly in a glanze.
Well, if that were true, than it would've been impossible for Naruto to grab Haku...

Old 2003-11-08, 21:50   Link #29
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I don't remember Zabuza saying Haku was stronger than him. Didn't he say Haku was able to become much stronger? And Haku really had a chance of beating Zabuza, since he can control water, and Zabuza uses water. Anyways, Zabuza was in fact stronger than Haku. It's on the 1st Naruto Special Book, he had the same level as Kakashi. Put Haku against Kakashi, he wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 2003-11-08, 21:58   Link #30
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
Ok.. even if it is a ninjutsu, Neji's ultimate defense still blocks all attacks.
Indeed, it was just a little correction

Quote:
I'm not so sure about this. It would probably require a lot more chakra for Haku to keep up the teleporting mirror speed than for neji to expel chakra for the instant that the needles connect.
Hmm maybe, but I don' t think so.

Quote:
Well, if that were true, than it would've been impossible for Naruto to grab Haku...
Not really, Naruto caught Haku while he tried to return in the mirroirs, not during a displacement between 2 of them.

But like I said in my first post, it's just a question of speed, if you thibk that Neji can react he's the winner, he you don't think so he will lose.
Old 2003-11-08, 22:00   Link #31
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

aye aye, cap'n!

Old 2003-11-08, 22:31   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well, now that I read the chapter 192, I think that it's possible that Neji can mess up the chakra of the mirrors and break them with his gentle touch
Old 2003-11-09, 12:29   Link #33
NenMaster

ok u think haku will be using JUST pins if they were fighting? i dont think so.
Old 2003-11-09, 13:48   Link #34
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
ok u think haku will be using JUST pins if they were fighting? i dont think so.
Well first yes Haku will just use needles because he hadn't any other weapon.
But anyway he could have some swords, axes and one or two grenades, that doesn't change anything against the Kaiten.

The only advantage of Haku is his speed.
Old 2003-11-09, 13:59   Link #35
Napoleon
120% Spirited

Quote:
Well first yes Haku will just use needles because he hadn't any other weapon.
But anyway he could have some swords, axes and one or two grenades, that doesn't change anything against the Kaiten.

The only advantage of Haku is his speed.
I don't know about that one. Haku could just use the water explosion technique on Neji. Not even the Kaiten could save Neji from the huge flood of water. And if Haku is smart, he can use his ice spells to that that water ice cold, that shock alone will drown Neji.
Old 2003-11-09, 14:37   Link #36
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon
I don't know about that one. Haku could just use the water explosion technique on Neji. Not even the Kaiten could save Neji from the huge flood of water.
What?
The water explosion is a jutsu of Zabuza, not one of Haku, he can't did it.

Quote:
And if Haku is smart, he can use his ice spells to that that water ice cold, that shock alone will drown Neji.
lol seriously, stop trying to invent new jutsu, Even if Haku could do that (and it's not sure), he didn't think of doing it against Sasuke and Naruto, no reason that he think about that against Neji.
Old 2003-11-09, 14:55   Link #37
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Zabuza taught Haku everything he knew, so its safe to say Haku knows all his jutsu, not to mention, Haku can control water and ice, remember how he killed his father? implaed him on a giant ice spike he made
Old 2003-11-09, 15:14   Link #38
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

I think Neji would win.
Old 2003-11-09, 15:33   Link #39
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
With what we have seen of Neji in the anime so far, Haku should be able to beat Neji. Neji has not shown the speed or skill required to defeat Haku if he is trapped in Haku's ice mirrors.

However, with the spoilers I have read from the manga, it seems that Neji would win. With his Jutsu to deflect the needles, he can use byukagan (horrible spelling, I know) and his ability to view 360dg. and attack haku. However if haku is able to use some of zabuza's jutsus like the water explosion technique, Neji wouldn't stand much of a chance. It's a very difficult decision as I see it.
Old 2003-11-09, 16:54   Link #40
NenMaster

haku didnt want 2 kill sasuke and naruto so he JUST used pins. haku was able 2 knock out zabuza with 1 pin, he "could" do that with neji. then cut him up and eat his heart j/k
Closed Thread