AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 16:12   Link #121
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post

On the other hand, somehow I'm still a bit bothered by Tsukumo's golden hair. It should be more of a mix of platinum and gold.
I always imagined it more pink and blonde.

I actually don't recall much after the train scene, so next week should be interesting.

I like the mix of gritty scenery with bright, vibrant colors. It offers a nice contrast.

Anyway
Spoiler:
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 18:36   Link #122
LKK

I'm late to the party. But that's Funimation's fault not mine. (*grumble* Stupid delayed "simulcast". *grumble*) I read some of the manga a while ago, but I don't remember much. Mostly character stuff but nothing more than an overview of the story and certainly no plot details. I couldn't even tell you if the monster woman and the train hijacking were anime-original or manga-based. It's kind of refreshing remembering characters but not plot details. It's like visiting old friends and hearing them tell about their adventures during their last vacation.

But enough of that. I liked the first episode a whole lot. (Except when the player threw me out of the stream during the train fight scene. ) The artwork has a detailed and crisp feeling to it that I liked. The animation was smooth as was the voice work. To be honest, the episode was better than I expected it to be. I hope they can maintain this quality level throughout the lamentably short series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 18:40   Link #123
Enternal

Pink and blond? Haha that's an interesting thought on it. I guess it would fit but then her eye colors would not be as emphasized.

But yes, the colors are just wonderful. Really like it!

@ LKK
The monster woman and the train is not anime original. It's directly from the manga. Yeah I sure hope that they can at least maintain it.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 19:30   Link #124
Kirarakim

They skipped a lot but somehow I still enjoyed it. It was fun and I am glad they got to the circus members a lot quicker than the manga. I think that is when things with the manga improve.

Still how much will they have to skip to make this one cour and will that be detrimental to the series, time will tell.

Kamiya Hiroshi as Gareki was just perfect (okay I admit I am biased).

Looking forward to hearing more of Miyano as Yogi.
Old 2013-04-08, 22:01   Link #125
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Shounen-ai =/= strong suggestive bromance. So unless actual romance is involved the likes of 07-Ghost & Karneval do not count. Hakkenden doesn't count either despite Genpachi's character, since it's being played as more of a running gag than anything serious. They're are all just big cockteases.
I dunno, but Hakkenden actually felt like real shounen-ai to me...At least between Sousuke and Shino anyway
Old 2013-04-08, 23:09   Link #126
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I dunno, but Hakkenden actually felt like real shounen-ai to me...At least between Sousuke and Shino anyway
These are my thoughts. Well, at least Sousuke's feelings towards Shino. Plus that other dude who loves him. And that butt grab.

In any case, I decided to check out Funi's stream. Since I don't have a sub to them, it wasn't that much better in quality, though a little. *sigh* I was really hoping for CR to pick it up.

Also, given the setting and the music I'm getting a totally FFVIIII feel from it which i absolutely love. Nostalgia overload
Old 2013-04-12, 00:37   Link #127
Ashlotte
Clockwork

More enjoyable then the first episode but theirs still some serious pacing issues going on here. Also what the heck was up with that fight? He got hit by one lousy rock and they both bugger off? Why...

I get that the kid got taken back to the airship but they would have had to go in it anyway if they wanted to get to him in the first place...I guess you can say they lost the element of surprise but the whole thing just felt anti-climactic as hell.

Shame I wanted to see the gal in action once more...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 00:45   Link #128
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
More enjoyable then the first episode but theirs still some serious pacing issues going on here. Also what the heck was up with that fight? He got hit by one lousy rock and they both bugger off? Why...

I get that the kid got taken back to the airship but they would have had to go in it anyway if they wanted to get to him in the first place...I guess you can say they lost the element of surprise but the whole thing just felt anti-climactic as hell.

Shame I wanted to see the gal in action once more...
Their plans were compromised. For the moment they had the element of surprise and the upper hand, but since the target was quickly snatched back to the enemy's base, there was no way they could succeed before the reinforcements showed up (and ultra-murdered them, based on how much of a badass that captain is). Plus, the severe head trauma from that rock seemed to make his containment weaken on the others, so they were in for a fight with two powerful foes that they had likely intended to circumvent from the beginning.

The pacing of this show is very off. I think they're having to put a lot of content into too small of a series, as is often the case when things move too rapidly. It could also be because this is the beginning, and since the story is intended to be ambiguous they can kind of get away with such fast pacing.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:09   Link #129
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am pretty sure they are aiming for vol.6 as the end point. Which means they have no spare time to waste.
It is best for them to introduce all the characters ASAP and skip ahead to the point where the main plot starts, which I assume can start on ep.4 by the current pace.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 02:58   Link #130
ginger02

I like the opening a lot. And i think the highlight of the show is the voice work.

Pacing is an issue still, but for a lot of shows I've seen it tends to be until early to mid way through the arc. Though i felt like it was better in this episode.

Still loving Gareki.
Never knew Circus had their own ship.
Those BUNNIES!!
The episode went by fast.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:13   Link #131
mistress_kisara

Episode 2
Love the opening song! Yogi is as funny as he was in the manga! They covered 3 chapters here and its already volume 2 next week, at least they didn't cut the important parts!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:09   Link #132
ookamigirl

Nai really is a clueless kid.
Gareki seems to be the brooding type.
Yogi made quite an entrance.
At least he's a nice face to look at.
Well, they all are (^-^)
Involvement of the Circus certainly made things interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 19:44   Link #133
sergel02

I may be a bit biased since I've read the manga, but I'm loving the show. The pacing is the only issue I can think of, but the story still makes sense.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:38   Link #134
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Same as state, I adore the manga, so Im biased. I did think epi 2's pace was a bit better then ones. Gareki is hawt. Yogi is hilarious as always.

Man every seiyuu just fits their character perfect in this (again Im biased).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:50   Link #135
ginger02

True, Gareki is hot as heck. Yogi is funny, Tsukomo is cool, and Nai is cute.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:30   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just one question: what are those tiny masked sheep inside the Circus’ ship? Robots? Some bio-engineered creatures? Their competence seem to be on-par with the Circus members since one of them easily snatched Nai and got away while two members got caught by those monsters .
Old 2013-04-14, 01:53   Link #137
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

They are robots, and yeah, they are competent.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 02:26   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, some competent drones. Now that you won’t see everyday. Just adding more “flavor” to this series.
Old 2013-04-14, 10:11   Link #139
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

They certainly emphasized the technological aspect of Circus more than in the manga which is a nice touch.
Old 2013-04-14, 15:12   Link #140
ginger02

Who exactly is the leader of Circus? I guess we haven't quite seen yet.