Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-05, 00:58   Link #1
Testament
Inactive Member

Question Anime Conventions

Does anybody know of any anime conventions appearing in California in the next year or so? Im planning to go to one but I need to know when and where they are.
Old 2003-11-05, 01:20   Link #2
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Do u ever read Newtype? they list upcoming anime conventions.
Old 2003-11-09, 00:13   Link #3
KyraEnsui

Send a message via AIM to KyraEnsui Send a message via Yahoo to KyraEnsui
There's several anime conventions such as Fanime, Anime Expo, and others. For me, I'll be going to Fanime. ^^
Old 2003-11-09, 00:17   Link #4
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

anyone know about any anime conventions appearing in the UK lol...but seriously? ^______^
Old 2003-11-09, 18:16   Link #5
KyraEnsui

Send a message via AIM to KyraEnsui Send a message via Yahoo to KyraEnsui
How about going to sites like Cosplay.com or Animenewsnetwork.com to check for the dates?
Old 2003-11-09, 18:24   Link #6
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Conventions in France suck, stupid french mentality.

These are the 3 main conventions in France:

http://www.cartoonist-france.com
http://epitanim.free.fr/convention
http://www.japan-expo.com
Old 2003-11-09, 19:03   Link #7
squonjon
わからなくなる

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
anyone know about any anime conventions appearing in the UK lol...but seriously? ^______^
there's aya again, in northampton, that it seems has only just been (see aya again). there's also minamicon in southampton & amecon in leicester (you can get to their websites from the ayacon links page). i haven't been to any of them, so i can't comment on what they're like...
Old 2003-11-30, 21:55   Link #8
ironfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by squonjon
there's also minamicon in southampton & amecon in leicester (you can get to their websites from the ayacon links page). i haven't been to any of them, so i can't comment on what they're like...
Minamicon 2004 is already fully booked - one of the key differences between UK and US cons is that, as UK cons are smaller, you can't just turn up and expect to get in. Amecon still has places though - it's from the 20th to the 22nd of August 2004 and is only about 40% full so far.

Ayacon is the UK's biggest con, but we're still waiting for the committee to announce if they're going to run next year. Other than that, there are a couple of smaller affairs like Wildercon, which is run on a campsite (yep, accomodation is in tents...), but apart from the big three there's nothing that would even be given the name "convention" if it was in the US.
Old 2003-12-01, 13:02   Link #9
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testament
Does anybody know of any anime conventions appearing in California in the next year or so? Im planning to go to one but I need to know when and where they are.
Anime Expo is always on the July 4th weekend. It's the granddaddy of them all, and I always have a blast. I've been going for about 5 years now (it's in my county so I got no reason not to) and I wouldn't miss it for the world. This year it was at the Disneyland hotels and convention center, the past two years it was in the Long Beach convention center. Huge places! I preferred the Video 1 in Long Beach, though, because of it's four levels of seating.

I think there was one in October in Lancaster, CA. I wanted to go to that but I couldn't.

-k
Closed Thread