AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 18:20   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

[possible manga]Oro's folly[possible spoilers]

When Oro revealed that Itachi was stronger than him, he seemed pretty spooked by it. I'm thinking maybe he tried to attack Itachi and got his ass kicked. Or maybe Oro witnessed something that made him beleive that Itachi was stronger than him. What do you think? Did Oro's instincts tell him that Itachi is stronger than him, or did this Sannin get the beating of his life from a teenager?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 18:42   Link #2
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I'd say he didn't "get" a beating. Only put through one Itachi's powerful Dojutsus. Like Tsukiyomi(sp?) and was put through maybe 48 hours of hell in mere seconds. That alone is enough to knock someones confidence in there own strength.

He also said something like
"Now he is stronger than me... That is why I left that organisation.."

So it's true that he fears Itachi.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 19:03   Link #3
Nuu
Teh Sauce

yea i believe it was do to his tsukiyomi or possible hit him with a lil Amaterasu
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 19:07   Link #4
cheese4u
da big boss

Yeah, I beleive all that qualifies as an ass kicking.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 19:12   Link #5
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

simple question. when does oro say he's afraid of itachi? and when does he say that itachi is more powerful than him?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 19:33   Link #6
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
simple question. when does oro say he's afraid of itachi? and when does he say that itachi is more powerful than him?
During the Chuunin exam arc. He says to the effect of we could've avoided all this (refering to capturing Sasuke) if they could've got Uchiha Itachi's body. He qualifies that statement by saying he is stronger than me by now.

Yea, I didn't even give a second thought that Oro tried to capture Itachi and just got pOwned in the process.

But, you gotta give it to Oro, if he did come face to face w/ the MS and survived (esp. if he attacked him 1 on 1). Unless Itachi just let him leave...
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 20:10   Link #7
Razz

Its possible that Orochimaru saw what Itachi could do through spying or something, and thought that Itachi was stronger.

I don't think they had a battle, but I DO think they will soon, when Oro is about to take over Sasuke, Itachi will come and defeat Oro
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 20:16   Link #8
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha View Post
During the Chuunin exam arc. He says to the effect of we could've avoided all this (refering to capturing Sasuke) if they could've got Uchiha Itachi's body. He qualifies that statement by saying he is stronger than me by now.

Yea, I didn't even give a second thought that Oro tried to capture Itachi and just got pOwned in the process.

But, you gotta give it to Oro, if he did come face to face w/ the MS and survived (esp. if he attacked him 1 on 1). Unless Itachi just let him leave...

I don't want to be difficult, but I don't remember that at all. Can you tell me the specific instance or chapter so I can look myself? You see. So far, I've been under the impression that Oro is respectful of itachi's power but not fearful. Oro is also very narrow minded. Once he locks onto something, he sort of forgets about everything else. The concern about itachi's growing power is having to do with the ease at which Oro can steal is body (which would be not very easily). The body has to be in good physical shape despite the fact that oro has healing and rejuvenative techniques. After all, kimimaro got sick and all of a sudden he's not a candidate anymore (yet we've seen oro be cut in half, and burned, and etc and come out with no problems). To me itachi's growing power meant that if Oro were to try and take his body by force, he may be able to defeat Itachi but not with the ease needed to keep the body intact. But if you can just quickly show that Oro is openly fearful or openly states that itachi is immediately stronger than him, then I would be very happy and would have to rethink the position. Just say the chapter or describe the instance more clearly and I'll find it myself.

edit:I've looked quite extensively. in the entire chuunin exam, oro only talks 3 times. none of these times does he mention only a fear of itachi. In fact he only says itachi's name once when he says sasuke wants to kill itachi. thats it. that was chapter 88 if you want to know. he was talking to kabuto. other than that I have no idea where you're getting your info from.

Last edited by Suna no tate; 2006-11-04 at 21:12.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 21:44   Link #9
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
I don't want to be difficult, but I don't remember that at all. Can you tell me the specific instance or chapter so I can look myself? You see. So far, I've been under the impression that Oro is respectful of itachi's power but not fearful. Oro is also very narrow minded. Once he locks onto something, he sort of forgets about everything else. The concern about itachi's growing power is having to do with the ease at which Oro can steal is body (which would be not very easily). The body has to be in good physical shape despite the fact that oro has healing and rejuvenative techniques. After all, kimimaro got sick and all of a sudden he's not a candidate anymore (yet we've seen oro be cut in half, and burned, and etc and come out with no problems). To me itachi's growing power meant that if Oro were to try and take his body by force, he may be able to defeat Itachi but not with the ease needed to keep the body intact. But if you can just quickly show that Oro is openly fearful or openly states that itachi is immediately stronger than him, then I would be very happy and would have to rethink the position. Just say the chapter or describe the instance more clearly and I'll find it myself.

edit:I've looked quite extensively. in the entire chuunin exam, oro only talks 3 times. none of these times does he mention only a fear of itachi. In fact he only says itachi's name once when he says sasuke wants to kill itachi. thats it. that was chapter 88 if you want to know. he was talking to kabuto. other than that I have no idea where you're getting your info from.

Sorry Suna, its not in the Chuunin exam arc, he said that after he lost the use of his arms. I know for sure its in the anime, but I'm pretty sure its in the manga b/c people have extensively argued that question over and over here on these forums. I even dubbed it orochimaru's "infamous" statement.

Sorry I have a test Monday or else i would find it for you!
Old 2006-11-04, 21:53   Link #10
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Should not really matter because, as far as it goes, Sasuke makes it pretty damn clear in chapter 309, page 11, cell 3:

Sasuke: Let me make it clear for you ...
Sasuke: For both me and Orochimaru right now, killing itachi would be impossible.

That pretty much says it, and he said impossible not "hard" or "tough" impossible, so it pretty much means they had no chance against itachi even before the time skip.

But no, Orochimaru is NOT afraid of Itachi, he just acknowledges that Itachi is strong, Orochimaru is not some one who is "Afraid" period. He knows Itachi is strong because he has the "Sharingan" on top of that, he has the higher level version of it too, the Mangekyo Sharinga.

That’s why Orochimaru is busting his ASS trying to get the Sharingan (Sauske's body). He's even taking shit from Sasuke because of it.

If Orochimaru did indeed fight itachi at some point, he survived the fight just like he survived against the 4 tail Naruto. If Orochimaru was so easy to kill, he would not be such a bad ass.
Old 2006-11-05, 08:39   Link #11
Razz

Episode 81 is when Akatsuki are introduced, Itachi is introduced along with Orochimaru's statement about him being inferior to Itachi.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 09:45   Link #12
Ichimaru

oro is not a retard to fight itachi or he copy all his ninjutsus.....
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 12:56   Link #13
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Suna no tate the page you want is in chapter 140, page 5. I'll post my scan but it's not the best kinda quality

Spoiler for chapter140:

Oro and Itachi probably did clash at one point that's how he lost his arm with the ring on in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0
Sasuke: Let me make it clear for you ...
Sasuke: For both me and Orochimaru right now, killing itachi would be impossible.
Oh no, that's just Sasuke "acting" like he's weaker so Orochimaru will feel more secure with him. Just like how Itachi "acted" with Sasuke in the past. duh .
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 13:03   Link #14
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Oh no, that's just Sasuke "acting" like he's weaker so Orochimaru will feel more secure with him. Just like how Itachi "acted" with Sasuke in the past. duh .
xD Lol Miss Rave you never seace to make me laugh, or at least smile ^^. *Bites*
Old 2006-11-05, 14:48   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Oro and Itachi probably did clash at one point that's how he lost his arm with the ring on in the first place.
I thought he just preserved the arm from his last body. Can't say for sure, but I don't think Orochimaru and Itachi ever fought. I tend to think that he reached the conclusion of Itachi being stronger than him by watching his jutsu and comparing them to his own. It seems like a duel between two people like that would result in someone's death. I can't imagine Itachi allowing Orochimaru to escape with an Akatsuki ring. Oro is an excellent escape artist, but the thought of him picking up severed arm and scampering off without Itachi being able to finish him seems a little off to me.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 16:11   Link #16
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I thought he just preserved the arm from his last body. Can't say for sure, but I don't think Orochimaru and Itachi ever fought. I tend to think that he reached the conclusion of Itachi being stronger than him by watching his jutsu and comparing them to his own. It seems like a duel between two people like that would result in someone's death. I can't imagine Itachi allowing Orochimaru to escape with an Akatsuki ring. Oro is an excellent escape artist, but the thought of him picking up severed arm and scampering off without Itachi being able to finish him seems a little off to me.
Yep, I also think that hand was just preserved from his body, more likely his original body. The reason I say original is because you could keep that ring on / in anything, on a ring holder, in a Jewelry box, but Orochimaru chooses to keep the ring on a severed Hand. So I'm assuming that severed hand holds some kind of Value to him, that being a part of his original body. (Also because orochimaru joined up with Akatsuki right after he escaped from Konoha did he not?)

Also, I doubt Orochimaru is stupid enough to fight Itachi, unless he wants all of his Jutsu's getting copied.
Old 2006-11-05, 16:26   Link #17
ccardoso
Banned

I think the Sharingan is highly over-rated because if it is disabled in some way then the user is done for. How is it disabled? By not looking directly into a user of sharingan, first of all... another way is to use the sun's light to blind the user... not to mention that if a shinobi is blind to start with this shringan is useless as well.
Itachi is no dreadnaught: against a 4-tailed Naruto he would be done for for example.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 16:33   Link #18
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Orochimaru wouldn't be scared of his Jutsu getting copied if was going to take over and kill Itachi. He never planned to fight and lose or just let Itachi come with him and then be scared he would leave him with a whole bunch of jutsus.

You have to remember Oro is/was a legend in Konoha, highly highly doubtful he WAS scared of a 15, 16 (?) year old from Konoha. He was wrong, but c'mon, he wasn't scared to battle sasori, sandaime, or kazekage. I highly doubt he thought he couldn't take on Itachi. Jiraiya wasn't scared either, in fact, he was overconfident too and thought he had killed both Itachi and Kisame (he was also wrong).

It's highly likely (I believe other translations have it different take) that Orochimaru attacked a teenage Itachi not giving it a second thought that he would lose. Overconfident (or not realizing that Itachi had the MS) he got p0wnd in the process and had to leave akatsuki for mutiny.

He was not "Oh geez, my jutsu are gonna get copied and gee willercers Batman, he's so strong I'm scared. Maybe, if I just ask him for his body he'll give it up." Years later "ah, kabuto, I wonder why Itachi didn't sacrifice himself and give me his body?"

More likely it went like this "I didn't realize the Itachi had so much power and was unable to overcome him then or else I would have his body. He was just a teenager and i was unable to subdue then... by now he is stronger than me."

You think he can't take on Sasuke just b/c he has the Sharingan?

The main question is how did Oro come to the conclusion that he couldn't take Itachi's body?

1) Afraid of copying his jutsus? in this light,this doesn't even make sense
2) Asked Itachi to wiilling give up his body and then Itachi politely said "No, I think I like my body and that's a good idea"? Yea right...
3) Saw Itachi fighting and decided "Dude, He's so strong! There's no way I can beat him and so I'm just gonna leave akatsuki w/o trying b/c I'm scared and I really luv this fabulous ring..." Nuff said
4) Attack a 16 year old from his former village and backfired horribly as he underestimated Itachi and didn't know or underestimated the MS as well. *BINGO*
Old 2006-11-05, 16:57   Link #19
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha View Post
Orochimaru wouldn't be scared of his Jutsu getting copied if was going to take over and kill Itachi. He never planned to fight and lose or just let Itachi come with him and then be scared he would leave him with a whole bunch of jutsus.
Ok, I should have elaborated a bit more. What I meant was, Orochimaru is not stupid enough to go up against Itachi unless he decides its ALL or nothing. By that I mean, either Kill Itachi or Die trying, there is no escaping. I never said Orochimaru was afraid that his Jutsu would get copied nor did I use the word scared, you did that. I said Orochimaru is not stupid enough. So it should sound something like this.

Orochimaru is not stupid enough to go up against Itachi unless he seriously intends on killing Itachi or die trying, because if he came back after doing a half assed job, and loses to Itachi but some how manages to live, all he did was make Itachi stronger, because Itachi probably copied a few of his Jutsu if not all.

The fact that Orochimaru does not go after Itachi is more then enough proof that he's waiting till he gets Sasuke's body because he knows at this current state he stands no chance.

Seems like I always have to break things down.
Old 2006-11-05, 16:59   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Think Oro fears Itachi more out of respect than fear itself . I mean its obvious once Akatsuki complete their goals they are going to gun for Oro . Right now the only diffrence factor between Oro and Itachi is the Sharingam Factor .

Other than that they both are on the same plain and Oro may have an upperhand . The only thing Oro is spooked off is not having Sharingam and among Akatsuki he has singled out Itachi as the strongest