AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 22:33   Link #1221
shakes12

did you guyz not read the last chapter (37), sera said along with treatments ill teach about the mirum, treatments most likely means ki centre
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:55   Link #1222
Shadow5YA

Come to think of it, doesn't Sera specialize in medicine too?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 23:17   Link #1223
shakes12

who knows, her clan owns a hospital
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:21   Link #1224
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't think she specializes in medicine.

The treatments might be so that he can regain his fighting ability, even if for a short time whenever he wishes. The technique that he got from 9D that was stored on his phone (Black Heaven & Earth Tech), could possibly have something to do with it as well.
Old 2011-08-04, 07:57   Link #1225
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
A sex change? For real!?
To be more precise, castration is a norm in wuxia as the requirement to master some ultimate martial arts.

The design concept of those arts is that you need to first train your ki in a unique way to allow training and mastery of the unique martial arts... and those unique ki training methodology are generally... aphrodisiac in nature, aka gives the trainee unlimited, uncontrollable sex desire that would implode in their pants and die.

Tldr; castrate to master ultimate martial arts.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 10:25   Link #1226
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
To be more precise, castration is a norm in wuxia as the requirement to master some ultimate martial arts.

The design concept of those arts is that you need to first train your ki in a unique way to allow training and mastery of the unique martial arts... and those unique ki training methodology are generally... aphrodisiac in nature, aka gives the trainee unlimited, uncontrollable sex desire that would implode in their pants and die.

ho my....this thing is crazy...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 11:37   Link #1227
Shadow5YA

Sounds like a good idea. Man loses his genitals so that he won't feel a thing when he gets kicked there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 13:03   Link #1228
Xaturas

Based on that, each and every romance manga lead, should be uber pr0 elite master martial artist, rather than a pushback for some girl with big/small boobiez.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 15:07   Link #1229
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I really don't think Shioon's harem will stand for it, though. Back to the drawing board!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 20:45   Link #1230
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:

Hmm, that's a new one. The one that's used in the Legend of the Condor Heroes author's works generally involve needing to channel the feminine type KI.

Anyways, in the work I'm referring to, the most powerful martial arts was the one that involved self castrating. One of the villains inherited the manuscript but decided he didn't want to chop it off, so he created his own 'ultimate' martial arts by destroying his own ki-center and then rebuilding it except with the ki flow reversed. He basically created the second most powerful martial arts (although he'd like to think it's more powerful than the sex change one). However, his subordinate learned it and then overthrew him and trapped him in a cave for 20 years. So yeah...

Anyways, long story short, main character actually is kind of in a similar situation to Shioon. He gets his ki-center basically destroyed, but in the end was able to learn the 2nd most powerful martial art because of that. He was also to learn the most powerful sword style as well as the most powerful ki growing martial art.

However, even with all 3 of those most 'powerful' martial arts he still couldn't beat the sex change guy 1v1 lol.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 20:59   Link #1231
Xaturas

Wouldn't even want to read such retarded manga to be frank.
Whats next futanari girls shooting lazers from their D!cks ?
If there even will be a hint of such thing on breaker I'm taking my toys and moving out when I see that.

Maybe ranma 1/2 was fun with all that gimmicks but that was more of a comedy than serious fighter production.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 21:53   Link #1232
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, that's a new one. The one that's used in the Legend of the Condor Heroes author's works generally involve needing to channel the feminine type KI.

Anyways, in the work I'm referring to, the most powerful martial arts was the one that involved self castrating. One of the villains inherited the manuscript but decided he didn't want to chop it off, so he created his own 'ultimate' martial arts by destroying his own ki-center and then rebuilding it except with the ki flow reversed. He basically created the second most powerful martial arts (although he'd like to think it's more powerful than the sex change one). However, his subordinate learned it and then overthrew him and trapped him in a cave for 20 years. So yeah...

Anyways, long story short, main character actually is kind of in a similar situation to Shioon. He gets his ki-center basically destroyed, but in the end was able to learn the 2nd most powerful martial art because of that. He was also to learn the most powerful sword style as well as the most powerful ki growing martial art.

However, even with all 3 of those most 'powerful' martial arts he still couldn't beat the sex change guy 1v1 lol.
It's arguable if the Star Sucking Skill is really 2nd best. It's extremely powerful, but it's not a sure-fire ki sucking technique because it can be held off with strong ki on its own right. That, and the ultimate martial arts that schooled the 3 of them has that weaker off-shoot that was adapted by the family of the guy who stole the childhood friend never had a chance to face-off against the SSS.

Besides, the Ling Wu Chung development of 'how to cure my power' is quite long and pretty frustrating as well. I'd be sad if I have to see Shioon go through the same crap Ling Wu Chung did.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-08-04, 22:36   Link #1233
Xion Valkyrie

True, but I guess if you went around sucking people dry you'll eventually have so much ki that you'll be unstoppable. I guess the guy one just complacent because he thought he was invincible.

I also did like the grandma part of the story. It was cute =) Sosul's personality doesn't really seem to fit though.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 23:43   Link #1234
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Raws are out.

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-08-05, 00:08   Link #1235
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Spoiler for :
Count me kinda skeptical
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 00:16   Link #1236
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Holy shit!
Spoiler for Chapter 38:

Other than that... lots of Sera service...
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 00:41   Link #1237
zibi88

Spoiler for heh...:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 00:45   Link #1238
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hmm...

Was that the guy who was the 3rd wheel in between Shiho and GMR?

Old 2011-08-05, 00:48   Link #1239
konart

Quote:
Hmm...

Was that the guy who was the 3rd wheel in between Shiho and GMR?
Yeah, that's him. And apparently he is also indebt to Shion, if I remember it right.
Old 2011-08-05, 04:22   Link #1240
ksho

Quote:
It's arguable if the Star Sucking Skill is really 2nd best. It's extremely powerful, but it's not a sure-fire ki sucking technique because it can be held off with strong ki on its own right. That, and the ultimate martial arts that schooled the 3 of them has that weaker off-shoot that was adapted by the family of the guy who stole the childhood friend never had a chance to face-off against the SSS.
Actually, the weakness of the "Star Sucking Skill" isn't that it can't suck the ki of much more powerful opponents. It can do that quite well actually, the problem is that the skill can't properly combine and manage the ki of it's multiple victims. Meaning the practitioner will die if he sucks too many different ki's and it runs amok.

That's actually more the weakness of the "Bei Ming ShenGong" used by one of the main characters of the previous novel Duan Yu. Though it's debatable whether it's actually weaker than the "Star Sucking Skill":

i) Though it can't suck the ki of opponents with stronger ki, but it can however safely convert the ki sucked into "Bei Ming Ki". Meaning it's more stable than the SSS. It's slower...but the practitioner can safely cultivate and build up his own ki reserves.

ii) There's also the fact that Duan Yu didn't manage to learn the complete version of the "Bei Ming ShenGong"as the later parts of the manual was damaged when he found it. So the complete version might actually have more unique functions that we don't know of...
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves