AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 03:12   Link #761
Mentar
Banned

You know - when Tatsumi tried to use the same generalization "NR good, Government bad", they were laughing at him and reminding him that what they were doing was murder, plain and simple. They have a much clearer view of themselves than many people here. Fandom banzai

My point is this: The creator of this manga is Takahiro. For those who don't know him: He's a famous scenario writer for H games. Several of his works have already been converted to manga and anime form (e.g. Tsuyokisu, These Are My Noble Masters, Majikoi). I've been a long time fan of them.

Gestapo-chan (Esede) is a very typical creation of his. Takahiro loves powerful, determined, and often a bit violent women with an attitude, who have certain flaws/weaknesses which are going to be tackled by the male main character. A tug-of-war between them ensues, and over time, they learn to get along with each other, gradually adjust their respective weaknesses and grow respect and fondness for each other. Happy ending.

What I have never seen Takahiro do so far was to create a "to be killed" villain who gets the "cute/appealing" treatment upfront, and god knows that this was what Gestapo-chan was, all her negatives notwithstanding. I would be completely flabbergasted if she was simply to be defeated/killed as a villain and enemy. No way in hell. Especially since "I want to win her over to our side" was already explicitly thought by Tatsumi.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:47   Link #762
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Wait...he wrote tsuyokiss?? I foresee incoming harem end -_-

Although the genre Akame ga kill is is also very different from a h game. I'm not sure what would normally happen in a h game would work as well in this manga

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:07   Link #763
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Wait...he wrote tsuyokiss?? I foresee incoming harem end -_-
I don't see the logic? Tsuyokisu (the game) had no harem end at all?
Old 2012-06-21, 05:35   Link #764
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You know - when Tatsumi tried to use the same generalization "NR good, Government bad", they were laughing at him and reminding him that what they were doing was murder, plain and simple. They have a much clearer view of themselves than many people here. Fandom banzai

My point is this: The creator of this manga is Takahiro. For those who don't know him: He's a famous scenario writer for H games. Several of his works have already been converted to manga and anime form (e.g. Tsuyokisu, These Are My Noble Masters, Majikoi). I've been a long time fan of them.

Gestapo-chan (Esede) is a very typical creation of his. Takahiro loves powerful, determined, and often a bit violent women with an attitude, who have certain flaws/weaknesses which are going to be tackled by the male main character. A tug-of-war between them ensues, and over time, they learn to get along with each other, gradually adjust their respective weaknesses and grow respect and fondness for each other. Happy ending.

What I have never seen Takahiro do so far was to create a "to be killed" villain who gets the "cute/appealing" treatment upfront, and god knows that this was what Gestapo-chan was, all her negatives notwithstanding. I would be completely flabbergasted if she was simply to be defeated/killed as a villain and enemy. No way in hell. Especially since "I want to win her over to our side" was already explicitly thought by Tatsumi.
Just because the author do thing like this or Tatsumi say that line this not mean that the couple will happen. Really being so sure only because of thisEsdes have done too much until now for Tatsumi to fall for her. With how Tatsumi is even if she change ,for him to acept her in that way he need to change in a way that he would not be him anymore.There is no way that the ending you call *happy ending* would fit here (at least the way the thing are now).Also from what I can see ,seem to me that the author is more on the route on Akame XTatsumi than anyone else.He show us a mutual grow between the 2 how close they become more time past.And this is something that come from both of them and no one side.Not to mention (and I already say this) that the author chose to show us Akame from Tatsumi Point of View at least 2 time and in both cases she was beautifull than ever at least from his Point of view.No to mention we see his reactio as well + this pannel of her take almost one pag or are one pag with both her and /+ him (like 2 panel in one pag) why the author waste time to show us this and waste a pag ...mystery
is true that is not romatic (for now) and that they have few time togheter for now but ,honestly if some one have to become a couple they have more chance that anyone else(at least from how the thing are now).
"I want to win her over to our side" because is not a idiot. who would be soo stupid to not try ,if he had the chance? He know they don't have chance to defeat her why don't try to bring her to their side?
But this not mean that they become a couple...hell if we go with line he say more meaningful toward Akame than anyone else. Esdes really not need to become a couple with Tatsumi for her to gain a happy ending(and the same can be say for everyone...yeah Akame as well even if i would like to see them togheter) but is fine if she learn something from this and become more human. Honestly ,like I say the thing she need is to fail in make Tatsumi love her back she need to fail to succesd in her wish .she needs to fail in this to be rejected by Tatsumi ,she need this for her own good,to grow in a better person. She need to feel that. Also Tatsumi and Esdes are better a stand alone character and no a couple.
So the way I see this is.....
Tastsumi x Akame=Both help each other to grow .They might or not might become a couple in future.(but seem to me that this can really happen at least from what we see so far even if we don't see this soo often).

Esdes love(Tatsumi x Esdes)= Show more about the jeaster , for drama, make Esdes more human or better develop her into something more human.Give her a weakness because otherwise she would be inviceble ...more or less.
At least this is what I think from what we see soo far in the manga.(and what i know from the raw.).

Though I have to admit. I'm suprise that he wrote the game you say.But this make me even more sure now from what i remember in this game there is no one at the lv of Esdes ,Esdes cross the line too much.Also like evil|plushie say the genre Akame ga kill is too different from a H game (even with themes soo dark) for something like in the H game to work.Wich mean, you really can't apply what happen/you know from/in them to be soo sure in what will happen in this manga.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-21 at 06:28.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 06:30   Link #765
Caithsith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Woah, didn't know he was scenario writer for Majikoi. No wonder Esdesse keep reminding me of Momoyo.
Caithsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 08:49   Link #766
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

i dont see akame x tatsumi happening anytime soon, if at all. no real developments on that front

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:23   Link #767
Soji

evil|plushie@ Well I do said they don't are like that yet.They have come a long way from ch 1.But they not have romatic feeling toward each other and I agree with this.Yet,they are the ones with the best basis for that type of relationship if they want or better if the author want to take this route.I'm pretty sure if the author want, he can make a pretty good romance between these 2 the basis are already there (as I already said) he just need to develop them more and take his time in doing so.

Although ....of course I know,If a girl said *I love you* to the mc or we know she love him the Mc have to love her back no matter whatOr at least this is what I see most of the time with many manga and story from the fan.
Old 2012-06-21, 15:00   Link #768
OverSeer
Inactive Member

I am not sure if this was asked yet or answered, but when is chapter 27 supposed to come out? don't need a specific date, speculations are welcome

Last edited by OverSeer; 2012-06-21 at 15:26.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 15:29   Link #769
Soji

OverSeer @ I think Neutralzero( i think was you) said that will be out the 22 of this month .
Old 2012-06-21, 15:35   Link #770
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Soji@ Thx and no i am not Neutrazlzero, still me
Old 2012-06-21, 15:37   Link #771
Soji

OverSeer@ Sorry I don't explain well. I think was Neutralzero to say that ch 27 will be out maybe the 22.
Old 2012-06-21, 15:45   Link #772
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Soji@ ah, I understand now
Old 2012-06-21, 17:26   Link #773
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Lets hope Neutralzero is correct and it does release tomorrow
Old 2012-06-21, 18:02   Link #774
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol @ this thread's posts skyrocketed since Esdes disrobed... I mean ever since she donned her sexy nightwear. As expected.

She's like the south pole and Tatsumi's the north pole. Though I'm starting to question Tatsumi's masculinity. I think in due time, Esdes will at least move into a neutral position even if she doesn't switch. I hope the author doesn't unleash his cruel iron hammer though...
Old 2012-06-21, 18:16   Link #775
Soji

Mizuno@ Why? Because he don't do her.I still think, that he do the right thing that time.Though I do agree with you're example that they are like *south pole her and Tatsumi's the north pole*.

Anyway for who is interesting the tvtropes of Akame Ga Kill! is up. Some one have made this one .
I have to admit i lol on some of this tropes.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AkameGaKiru

Quote:
I think in due time, Esdes will at least move into a neutral position even if she doesn't switch. I hope the author doesn't unleash his cruel iron hammer though...
Wait you mean that when she take this position she get killed?(i mean if this happen ,because I find strange she go in neutral position let alone switch side.).
Though I was talking with some one and we think that the key point will be when she find out that Tastumi had Incursio. That will be ,one of that moment where the choice Friend of Foe will be made.
Old 2012-06-21, 18:24   Link #776
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Anyone know how old is Tatsumi and Esdese?
Old 2012-06-21, 18:28   Link #777
Soji

OverSeer@ Nope. But I think she much older than him. The only thing we know is that Tatsumi and Akame have similar age or at least this is what Tatsumi said.(but he don't say how old he his so is hard. and we don't know Akame age as well otherwise will could use her to know how much old Tatsumi is).
Old 2012-06-21, 18:31   Link #778
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Soji@ I knew she was older, just didn't know by how much, maybe she is in her early 20th 22-25?
and him 18-19 or maybe even 20?
Old 2012-06-21, 18:34   Link #779
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Mizuno@ Why? Because he don't do her.I still think, that he do the right thing that time.Though I do agree with you're example that they are like *south pole her and Tatsumi's the north pole*.
And this is exactly why she's more interesting to Takahiro, romance-wise. Don't you see?

Gestapo-chan and Tatsumi are so different in so many areas that the story nearly writes itself. Ever heard of the saying "opposites attract"? There is so much interesting conflict and potential for development.

Compare this to Akame (who you're obviously strongly invested in, and - just to be clear - I find likable and adorable, too). There is nearly no friction between her and Tatsumi. She's a levelheaded and generally kind "quiet type" character. They like and value each other. Where's the spark?

It is exactly the fact that Esede is so opposed to Tatsumi which gives her a huge advantage in the scenarios Takahiro is generally writing. This is no Kimi no Todoke, where two fundamentally compatible people take a few years to gradually discover what's plainly visible for anyone else after 3 chapters. Takahiro is all about romantic action drama comedy.

Well, I guess there's miracles everywhere. But if Takahiro is true to his normal style, Gestapo-chan will be centerstage till the very end.
Old 2012-06-21, 18:38   Link #780
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Mentar@ Its humor's how you refer to Esdese as a gestapo suits her char quite well

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!