AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 14:29   Link #181
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Ordered the Madoka Magica English Trial Deck. After seeing commercials for this in Dannychoo's videos, and seeing it frequently around the web, I decided to give it a try.

Too bad hunting down the English Disgaea Trial Deck is tough.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 15:45   Link #182
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
Too bad hunting down the English Disgaea Trial Deck is tough.
Well, it's really old. And from what I hear, really bad too. So definitely go with Madoka and Fate/Zero if you want something usable.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:47   Link #183
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Disgaea is one of the better decks. Top ranked by Japan players last I checked. Has this annoying rearrange opponent's deck ability IIRC....

Madoka focuses on resilience since it depends largely on bonding the 3/2 Madokami and using it for healing loops. Quite strong as a result...
Old 2012-07-08, 19:03   Link #184
GDB

And how much of any of that is from the Trial Decks, which is what was being discussed?
Old 2012-07-08, 21:35   Link #185
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, it's really old. And from what I hear, really bad too. So definitely go with Madoka and Fate/Zero if you want something usable.
I ordered the Madoka deck, hoping I get the promos with it.

The Disgaea Deck I ordered for a sibling, as he's a huge fan of Disgaea, and he probably will only play against me anyway.

I do want the Fate/Zero deck as well, but I'll have to wait a while to order that one.

I wonder if they will ever release booster packs in English.

I personally want certain Desco's and Prinnies from the Disgaea 4 series, and some cards from the Nichijou packs.
Old 2012-07-09, 04:02   Link #186
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And how much of any of that is from the Trial Decks, which is what was being discussed?
But a TD is an opening for a proper deck no?

Mado TD was really weak but then look at it now
Old 2012-07-11, 15:29   Link #187
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Well, my Disgaea Deck arrived first, as the place I ordered the Madoka deck from were trying to see if they got the promo's(they didn't).

Been reading the instructions and someone's tutorial on Youtube, but I don't get the Stock part of the play mat.

Do we max it out before we start, or do we put a card in there as we go? It's the only thing confusing me at the moment. I know about the cost part of character and event cards, I just don't know how to get stock in the first place.

I also wanna get the Black Rock Shooter boosters if there are any, time to go huntin'.
Old 2012-07-11, 23:27   Link #188
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
Well, my Disgaea Deck arrived first, as the place I ordered the Madoka deck from were trying to see if they got the promo's(they didn't).

Been reading the instructions and someone's tutorial on Youtube, but I don't get the Stock part of the play mat.

Do we max it out before we start, or do we put a card in there as we go? It's the only thing confusing me at the moment. I know about the cost part of character and event cards, I just don't know how to get stock in the first place.

I also wanna get the Black Rock Shooter boosters if there are any, time to go huntin'.
Huh? What you mean?

You gain stock each time you attack. Or by certain card effects.

At the start, your stock is zero. Level 0 cards usually cost nothing.

Each time you attack, draw one card from the top of your deck pile (triggering) check for trigger effects, then put the card to your stock.

Be careful about having climax in stock...try to pay them out as fast as possible. They're essential to cancelling. More stock you have, more compressed your deck is and the cancel rate thus goes up.

You are also clear on color rules yes?
Old 2012-07-12, 02:40   Link #189
FateAnomaly

I can understand his confusion because as i recall it, the rulebook is pretty unclear about the ways to gain stock.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 09:00   Link #190
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I...actually never touched the rule book

I learnt it from friends and playing at my card store...

Nico Nico has some good deck demonstration vids BTW.

For TD play....well generally, the strategy is to compress the deck as much as possible so you have a higher cancel rate and can outlast the opponent.

At level 0 and level 1, keep clocking your cards if your hand size isn't 7 (max.)

Generally, when I draw 3/2 cards, I hold on to them. Don't drop or clock them. Keep for the level 3 game.

If you do not need climax cards, clock them. Climaxes are best used for cancelling.

2k1s climaxes are good to use because you draw 1 card from your top deck when you use them. Thus, you don't lose any hand when you play them.

If you have Comeback (gate) trigger on any of your climaxes, they will be the most important of your climaxes because you can search for cards from your waiting room on triggering.

Do not be too eager to play level 1 cards on leveling up from level 0. The one who plays down level 1 cards first will be at a hand disadvantage. If possible, try to cover his field with level 0s. Then he will be forced to use more of his hand to deal with your attacking cards.

Generally, but especially at level 3, when precise amounts of soul dmg is needed to finish your opponent, you need to observe if your opponent has triggered any climaxes. If not, and it's your turn to attack, then there is a good chance he will cancel your attack. So if you have any cards that have a soul boost whether by effect or climax, DO NOT attack with that first. Use a card with smaller soul to attack first and attempt to force out his cancel. Then hit the larger damage attack in.

High amounts of soul is bad. Depends a lot on luck. Better to hit in consistent amounts of smaller soul damage. So don't overuse soul boosts.

As for shuffling, I normally arrange my climaxes 6-5-5-5-5-5-5-6 then I shuffle. Make the CXs have a higher chance of being more evenly spread out.

Try to have at least two layers of card protectors for your deck. That way, on deck refreshing, it is easier for you to gather all your CXs, the slide them into the rest of the waiting pile before shuffling, for a more even spread.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-07-12 at 09:44.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 11:22   Link #191
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I actually have the PSP game and have for a while but only have time to play it now. How hard is the game to pick up and play if you never have before and hard are the card values and abilities to read. I can solidly read Katakana but have only limited Kanji recognition so I'm just hoping that wont prove to be a roadblock.

Oh by the way I got the Schwarz version cause I find the series in it more edgy. It's like Weiss is the more cutesy themed while black is more "dangerous". I kind of expect Accel World/SAO to end up in black too for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-07-12 at 11:33.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 17:53   Link #192
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Basic kana gets you across just fine.

As for kanji, they all repeat so eventually you'll get used to them.

The wordiest will be something like this one

http://orenoturn.com/1256_27862.html

Nothing difficult.

Yeah, AW/SAO are schwarz.

For new series, there's very little difference between Weiss and Schwarz in terms of abilities.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:15   Link #193
GDB

Just use www.heartofthecards.com for card powers. The rest is relatively obvious in terms of things like "battle? yes/no" or whatever. The AI is pretty stupid 80% of the time, but it's good for teaching you the basics.
Old 2013-04-20, 17:16   Link #194
thenightsshadow

Just started playing almost a month ago; anybody else on Animesuki and in Canada plays?
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 01:38   Link #195
Marly
>AS

So I picked this game up a while ago, and I can't help but notice that a lot of the cards pretty much have the same effect, even if they're from different series. Is there much variety between decks from different series, if at all?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:28   Link #196
thenightsshadow

It's kinda how they keep the balance. However, each series has subtle changes between them to differentiate them. The Nanoha series, for instance, has not only regular CHANGEs, but deck CHANGE and hand CHANGE as well.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:50   Link #197
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
It's kinda how they keep the balance. However, each series has subtle changes between them to differentiate them. The Nanoha series, for instance, has not only regular CHANGEs, but deck CHANGE and hand CHANGE as well.
Keeping the balance is fine, but I'd feel that they could just introduce new mechanics to the game like MTG and YGO do to expand the diversity in the game.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 00:41   Link #198
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Keeping the balance is fine, but I'd feel that they could just introduce new mechanics to the game like MTG and YGO do to expand the diversity in the game.
Well, at least they're introducing at least 1 new Keyword every year so so....

I mean look at Vividred Operation's cards: "Docking"
And then there's also the insane amount of signed cards found in Love Live!

BTW, guys, Madoka EN BP has been released. *cross fingers for some RRR Ulti Madoka for awesomeness*
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 10:33   Link #199
thenightsshadow

So for those that haven't been updated, there's a bunch of titles that are announced for 2014.

Log Horizon

Love Live – School Idol Festival

Kill la Kill

Sword Art Online (World Simultaneous Release)

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f2 (World Simultaneous Release)

Angel Beats (World Simultaneous Release)

Nisekoi!

Kantai Collection

Crayon Shin-chan
Old 2013-11-06, 10:44   Link #200
GDB

To note, the Angel Beats set appears to just be a compilation of the two Extra Packs.

Tags
schwarz, tcg, trading card game, weiss