AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-04-07, 13:16   Link #1
Ayla

Send a message via AIM to Ayla
Need help with a background

I find it VERY hard to draw a character into a background, as they never fit in. I drew the background first here, then the character in hopes that it would help. It just seems to me that the dog is "there" but not in the background like I want. How can I do this? Also, the background obviously isn't finished....pointers? (besides the leaves...it was a failed attempt)

I really wanted to get better at backgrounds...with trees especially. I've never drawn trees before, as they are just too fricken hard.

(I realize this is the farthest thing from anime OR fanart...but I still could really use the help...as you can see. I'm more of a visual learner, so if you can SHOW me examples it would be very awesome....)
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 13:38   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm not that good with drawing stuff... but it looks to me like the dog is too dark for the background... also the edges of the trees and other stuff are blured yet the edges of the dog aren't... he also seems to be a tad too big... placing a more distinct shadow might help... diferential lighting on the dog might also help (the background lighting seems to be oriented from left to right) while the dog is either ligheted from up (judging from the shadow) or isn't at all. Try using some filters to eliminate the rough pencil edges on the dog (it might be best if they are still visible... only a tad blured)

This is just my opinion as a total noob, please don't flame me , I'm just trying to help
Old 2006-04-07, 13:43   Link #3
Ayla

Send a message via AIM to Ayla
Thank you, that is definetly helpful
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote