Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-09-07, 20:09   Link #2501
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Excellent report Liddo-kun.
All of your companions cosplays are awesome.
Of the rest: Lenilyn Ishihara's Haruhi, Albie's Miku, Ashley's Aisha (I love how the background has that blurred effect, it looks awesome.), Angel Sayoc's Junko (WB Angel!), the Rikka cosplayer, Kuro's Shinka (Always happy to see Nibutani!), Sachiko Ei's Leafa, Acchan's Wendy, Charisze's Fear, Yuki-chan's Rin, the Alice cosplay, Leeanne Mae's Taiga, Mina Kim's Ran Mau (Flower is correct), Hosyu Akihiko's Riko, all caught my attention. ^_^
Of the ones taken by your friends: all are fantastic.
I wasn't expecting to see Haruna from SCANDAL there.
Old 2014-09-08, 06:42   Link #2502
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Many good coplayers once again, the Hinata (Ro-Kyu-Bu) was by far my favorite this time though, soo cute~ (Her maid cosplay also seems similar to the type of maid outfit from Ro-Kyu-Bu).
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 08:13   Link #2503
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Flower

Thanks for the info on Mina Kim's cosplay. Have only watched 1 ep of Kuroshitsuji. So I don't know Ran Mau.

@Palsa-san

Yeah, it's been awhile since Angel-chan joined us. Glad you still remember her. She spent some effort preparing the boots for her costume.

Oh, and yep.. it was a surprise to see Haruna there. It's her birthday on the day of the con.

@Konakaga

I actually didn't realize that was Hinata, until Katrina told me that she cosplayed as Hinata. Forgot that the Ro Kyu Bu girls wear regular clothes too. ><
__________________________________________________ _____________

To keep on topic with the thread. Here's two more pics of Angel-chan.
Gomen, I used a regular digicam. Because my companions are using the dslr to take pics of cosplayers performing at the stage.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-09-08 at 09:43.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 22:10   Link #2504
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Liddo-kun
As usual excellent report...

Angel-chan really looks good as Junko there.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 22:27   Link #2505
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Oh man, the madoka pics are great. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 06:49   Link #2506
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Julio. C

You're welcome. Oh, and no problem. I think I could continue reporting here for at least 1 more year. So you and the others are "in the loop" for notifications each time I post a convention report, for at least a year more. Would only stop notifying a friend if that person tells me to stop notifying him / her. :3

Here's some more pics of Christine. She gave me these tonight (photo credit goes to her photographers).

. .

@Azuma

Thank you. I'd give Angel-chan a link to your comment. She plans to cosplay as Kurumi Tokisaki (spirit version) this coming Sept 21.

Hmm, I think I have two more Junko pics still unposted. Here they are.

And the pic of your friend from the previous page is nice too. From what anime is this? ",)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
One of my friend cosplaying as Hiei meet Kongou nee-sama at AFA ID 2014...

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-09-09 at 08:42.
Old 2014-09-09, 08:44   Link #2507
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Excellent report as always Liddo. Sorry I haven't responded earlier, my life has been so busy these past few months!

It' really great to see the usuals, Sarah, Christine, and of course Anjeline.

Joseph strikes a good pose as Kirito, and I laughed a bit in your food court group pic. It looks like he really wants that drink that's in front of you.

Favorites this time? For me it's a tie between Christine as Madoka and Rhoan and Tohka. I just can't choose.

And poor Alice, so sad even though she has teddy bears on her clothes.

Endless "Still around...sometimes" Soul
Old 2014-09-10, 05:50   Link #2508
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Not truly Cosplay (but kinda awesome nonetheless), but its the only thread that I can think of that it would fit.. sorta.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yZ6lv

Some of those look pretty damn awesome imo.
Old 2014-09-11, 07:05   Link #2509
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Endless

Thanks. We are still intact.. thankfully.

Ah, actually he ordered more food than us back there.
Will show your comment to Christine. And I agree that Rhoan's cos is good - Tohka-chan ^^.

Anyway, here's a last pic from Otaku Expo. When we decided to relax outside the megatrade hall.

__________________________________________________ ________
And a pic from Lanilyn Ishihara. Pic by her photog.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-09-12 at 05:46.
Old 2014-09-18, 05:46   Link #2510
Knightrunner

Haruhi Chiisai Taiga attire along with Alice from Kami-sama stood out to me from the group. If Haruhi keeps cosplaying this well along with great pictures I'm sure the sewing business will make some $$

Aisha cosplay was interesting which is showing how popular Elsword is becoming. It would be great if somebody can pose as an Elesis.

Again they all did a great job cosplaying and it seems like another wonderful expo that I missed out in.
Old 2014-09-18, 08:00   Link #2511
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Knightrunner

Thanks. Already sent Chiisai a link to your comment. Actually, this coming BOA 2014 .. only 2 days from now. We might meet her again. So you would probably see more of her cosplays. And in the situation that we do not encounter her.. I'd ask her for some pics taken by her other photogs.

Elsword is indeed popular here in the Philippines. Though I think one reason that there aren't very many cosplayers of Elsword characters yet.. is because the costumes are rather expensive due to the details needed to be done by the costume and props makers. Elsword costumes are at the high priced zone at the cosplay market. :3

Anyway, I have no more pics from Otaku Expo. So it's time for me to keep quiet again for awhile. Will post a writeup about BOA 2014 on this thread, as soon as I can write it.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-09-18 at 18:27.
Old 2014-09-21, 18:40   Link #2512
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Double post. (I hope this will be allowed ><)

Just got home yesterday from BOA 2014. Met with some friends there, and I had a handshake with the japanese idol group Starmarie.

For now, here's one pic when we are about to go home. The rest of the pics will follow later. Sorry for poor quality, this one was shot with cellphone. All our cameras (dslr and digicam) are out of battery due to taking too many shots. xD

With my friends Florilyn (Miku Hatsune), and Mich (Taiga cosplay).

Old 2014-09-21, 22:46   Link #2513
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Nice pic, and I see no reason for them to get upset, seeing as the number of positive contributions that you've made to the thread already.

Here are some cosplays from Calssara:

Yuuko Kanoe - Tasogare Otome X Amnesia.
Asuka Soryu Langley - Neon Genesis Evangelion.
SeeU - Vocaloid.
Sumia - Fire Emblem.
Ange Ushiromiya - Umineko no naku koro ni.
Old 2014-10-18, 16:25   Link #2514
RichardFromMarple

Chun Lee Vs Wolverine
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 18:49   Link #2515
AnimeFan188

We Followed A Cosplayer Into The World Of Anime, Tight Vinyl Costumes,
And Nerd Culture:

"Some of the fans are dedicated cosplayers, visiting all Comic Con and anime
conventions, and spending all their time and money on handmade costumes.

We met Jenni Hashimoto, a 25-year-old cosplayer living in New York, at the Diasuki
booth at NYCC. She and her friends were dressed as characters of 'Cowboy Bebop'
for the day, and between their Comic Con commitments they did a photoshoot
recreating some of their favorite scenes from the show.

We followed the group around, and Hashimoto took us inside her world of anime
and tight vinyl costumes."

See:

http://www.businessinsider.com/life-...ic-con-2013-10
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 19:35   Link #2516
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

So one of my favorite gaming YouTubers took a trip to the MCM London Comic Con and took footage of lots, and lots, and LOTS of Cosplay while there. Many of these are high quality, and far too many shows, including anime, to mention.

Enjoy.

Endless "No nickname for this post" Soul
Old 2014-11-01, 17:09   Link #2517
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I watch a lot of people on DeviantArt, and make an effort to wish everyone of them a happy birthday whenever I see their names in the schedule; so if there is one thing that really gets to me, it's when I go to a talented person's profile, only to find that that last person to comment, was me, last year.
That happened to me again today on the cosplayer and artist Zecilia Sylvesti's profile.
Here is one of her cosplays.
If anyone is a member of DeviantArt, please wish her a happy birthday and follow her.
She doesn't have a whole lot posted in her gallery, but both her artwork and cosplays are excellent.
Old 2014-11-01, 17:14   Link #2518
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
I watch a lot of people on DeviantArt, and make an effort to wish everyone of them a happy birthday whenever I see their names in the schedule; so if there is one thing that really gets to me, it's when I go to a talented person's profile, only to find that that last person to comment, was me, last year.
That happened to me again today on the cosplayer and artist Zecilia Sylvesti's profile.
Here is one of her cosplays.
If anyone is a member of DeviantArt, please wish her a happy birthday and follow her.
She doesn't have a whole lot posted in her gallery, but both her artwork and cosplays are excellent.
OK I'll keep an eye out for her.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 12:41   Link #2519
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Best of Anime 2014 (day 2)

This anime convention is a large once a year event that is done for two days (Sept 20 & 21). We attended the second day. Honestly, since this convention is being done at SMX Convention Center.. I was a little bit expecting to experience bad things like what had happened a few months ago at Ozine Fest 2014 (a convention also done at SMX). But this convention is very different from Ozine Fest, BOA is well organized and fun.

Time: approximately 11:30 am

Bought tickets at the first first floor.

Inside function rooms 3 & 4:

First cosplayer that we met is Lorraine Ching, cosplaying as Yoshino from Date A Live. Complete with Yoshinon puppet. :3

Next, we found a nice place to take a photo. My companions on going to the con.. Mich (Taiga Aisaka), MJ (Ryuuko Matoi), and Jen (Aria Kanzaki)

Walking a little bit more, unexpectedly saw a person that I know...

Dianne cosplaying as Umi from Love Live. She's a really tall girl.

And beside Dianne, is a Kikyo cosplayer. Actually, he's a guy. I was talking to Dianne a day before the con. Told me that she would be at the convention at 8 a.m - that's A full 2 hours before the convention's opening time of 10 a.m. It's because she would be helping apply make up to a friend who will crossdress. ^^

Cherry from Saber Marionette, cosplay by A-shi Emeraude

Kirari Hanasuno cosplaying as Victorique

Charisze as Annie from League of Legends

Time: approximately 12:30

STARMARIE

At this part of the day, we were carefully checking the schedule. Starmarie is supposed to perform at about 12:15. However, it's already 12:30 .. just as I'm beginning to feel sad - they appeared. Well, the bands performed longer so the the Starmarie performance was a bit late too.

Their members are Hiroka, Monya, Nozomi, Shino, and Kaede. My favorite is Monya, she has a really cute voice.

I recorded a video of one of their songs. Seeing their performance live is very different.. one of the audience behind me is saying she would die from too much cuteness. xD!!

Ok, after watching Starmarie. Need a place to calm down a little. Let's walk around and look at the shops, shall we?

Sketch commissions by Den Abucay. Some nice drawings here.

For Isabela shop by our friend Olive Uy. You can find many souvenirs here. The shop owner is also a clothing designer. Please click this link if you want to see a sample of her work.

. .

Hatah Hatah shop owned by Jayne Ong. If you want hats as souvenirs, you have plenty to choose from in this store.

Graham balls sold near For Isabela. These are delicious. We bought plenty of them.

And walking around a bit more we also found some shirts for sale. Looks cute. I wonder who is the anime character printed in it?

Ok, back to looking for more cosplayers. ^^

Jade Harley cosplay by Jamela

Natsuo Kyun cosplaying as Ciel

Looking for the right Shiro. There's this girl that we are supposed to meet, because we are going to buy short boots with heels from her. She texted us that she's near the hotdog stands, so we proceeded to ask Shiro cosplayers who are near the hotdogs, if she's the one whom we are supposed to meet.

First Shiro that we found is Shiro cosplay by Aura Melbourne. Ok, she's not the one. Oh, and she's just pretending to be grumpy here. Those who watched NGNL would know that Shiro doesn't want to be separated from Sora.

Patricia cosplaying as Shiro. Ah, this time we got it right. She's the one selling boots to us.
The main difference from the first Shiro is Patricia has a crown, and her Sora doesn't have printed shirt.

Time: approximately 2:30 in the afternoon

Feeling a little hungry, but still have some energy to explore the function room for more cosplayers.

Azuma Tokaku from Akuma no Riddle. Cosplay by CM Sarah

Mogu Mogu mascots! We always find them on BOA conventions. Easy to find because they're big. The drink tastes nice too. ^^

Isabelle cosplaying as Kyoko Sakura from Madoka Magica

Meiko Honma cosplay by Cynthia

And we find another Kill la Kill cosplayer. Ryuuko Matoi cosplay by Shing (she's the person on the right of the pic).

Madoka Kaname cosplay by Albie

Wing Zero cosplayer. We couldn't ask who he / she is because of the mask. His / her costume is good one though. It has lights real lights in the eyes and chest.

And we also find another Yoshino. I told her that her that her cos only lacks wig, she replied by saying that she took off the wig. My mistake, forgot that cosplayers sometimes want to rest from wearing their wigs.

Coleen cosplaying as Mirai Suenaga

Shiro cosplay by Jessa. Third Shiro that we found today. NGNL is quite popular.

Group performance on stage by AKB48 cosplayers. The action doesn't stop in this convention. ^^

. .

Also found an actress from TV walking inside the function room - Thea. Took the chance to take a pic with her of course. ^^

I also saw that Starmarie has an autograph signing session.

We decide to go out for awhile. Planning to go to another building because we are all now quite hungry.

Hallway outside the function rooms

Unexpectedly met another friend outside. She's only wearing her wig this time though. Told us that her role in this convention is to be a photographer

Mirai Kuriyama costrip by Jendash

So hungry... but then something came to my mind. Starmarie is inside signing autographs and the line is not very long. Wait... this is the chance!!! ><

Inside the function room again

I asked Mich if she could come with me inside to try and meet the idols. We fell in line.. and then I noticed that they're also selling items. But I didn't bring any money! So we quickly went out, and got some cash from my wallet. Fall in line again. The big japanese bodyguard of the idols at first we couldn't understand each other. I said "take picture with Starmarie together with my friend", he thought I wanted to buy "poster". >< But then I realized that he's nice, because when we bought two cd's, he gave the second one to us for HALF PRICE. ^___^

To make a long story short. We were able to handshake with them! Monya's voice is like an anime character. The Starmarie girls even said to my friend... "you're Taiga!" it's so fun talking with them. One of the best days of my life is BOA 2014.

. .

Hallway outside the function room.

One pic of a cosplayer before getting some food.

Gloomy bear cosplay by Ange. Cute gothic style.

We then proceeded to the first floor.

Time: approximately 4:30 pm
First floor hallway.

Met two more friends at the hallway. Florilyn cosplaying as Hatsune Miku, and Wendy cosplaying as Acchan. Florilyn is a teacher irl, so I often call her "sensei". ^^

Got out of SMX building and went searching for a fastfood. :3

Eating snacks at Wendy's. Here we rested a bit. The day is almost over. After this we would just go back one more time to SMX to take some last pics.

Time: approximately 5:30 in the afternoon.
SMX Convention Center building first floor hallway

So far, it has been a very good day.

Went up to the function room area.

Hallway outside the function rooms.

Maid cosplay by Neka, and Roromiya cosplay by Deegee

Jonnavie cosplaying as a character from Log Horizon

Alissa Tekken cosplay by Shay

Went inside the function room one last time.

Inside function room 3 & 4

This particular cosplayer caught our attention. She needs donations / funds for Ninja training!! Well.
we bought one of her Miku merchandise. Name of the cosplayer is Jan Arielle.

At this part of the day. All spare batteries of the digicam have been exhausted. Now using the cellphone of my friend Mich (the Taiga cosplayer).

Keith Dianne as Nonon from Kill la Kill

Kristell Lim as Athena Asamiya from King of Fighters.

Misaki Yukino as Melty Granite. Certainly one of the cuter costumes I've seen today.

And the last pic is an AKB0048 cosplay by Lin Ling. Sorry for the pic quality. This shot was taken quickly, and by tired hands. She's one of the AKB cosplayers who performed on stage. Her specialty seems to be cosplaying as AKB characters.

Goodbye BOA 2014, and definitely coming back on BOA 2015! ",)

Pics taken after getting home:

BOA 2014 ticket and Miku

I think the Miku and card are the items that I got from the girl who is selling items, so she can have money for ninja training.

The BOA 2014 booklet, it shows the schedule inside.

Two graham balls. Eaten after the pic was taken. ^^

Signed Starmarie cd

. .

Signed Starmarie towel. Monya's autograph is shaped like a cat. xD

. . .

This is given to people who line up at the hand shake event.

__________________________________________________ _________

These pics are from my friends who also attended BOA 2014, but we were not able to meet there. Pics were not shot by me, they are owned by their respective photographers.

Misaka Mikoto from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. Cosplay by Haruhi Chiisai

Hayate Ayasaki (maid version) by Yuki Matsumoto

Enju Aihara cosplay by Katrina

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. And my apologies for this writeup being so late. Next writeup will be about Cosplay Mania 2014. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-11-24 at 18:41.
Old 2014-11-04, 20:56   Link #2520
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Great report Liddo-kun, it must have been a lot of fun to meet STARMAIRE in person. ^_^
As always, your friends' cosplays were awesome; of the rest, the ones that stood out to me the most were: Dianne's Umi, A-shi's Cherry, CM Sarah's Azuma, Isabelle's Kyoko Sakura, Cynthia's Meiko Honma (Menma!!), Ange's Gloomy bear, Florilyn's Miku, Wendy's Acchan, Neka's maid, Deegee's Roromiya, Kristell Lim's Athena, and all of the Yoshino and Shiro cosplays.
As for the ones taken by your friends, I like all of them. ^_^

Tags
cosplay, photo