AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-25, 21:10   Link #141
GDB

So far all of season 2 follows the manga, but it won't even come close to finishing. Right now it's up to the mid 130s, will likely finish in the mid 140s, with the manga currently being in the high 230s.
Old 2009-08-25, 21:21   Link #142
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Thanks for the answer, i appreciate it! Is the manga coming close to an end yet thougH?
Old 2009-08-25, 21:28   Link #143
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Thanks for the answer, i appreciate it! Is the manga coming close to an end yet thougH?
The manga is at chapter 238 atm and seems like it can still go on for quite a while (300-300+ maybe?). I suppose the continuation of the manga will also depend on its popularity. Hata-sensei did say that he already prepared a few endings if the manga were to be dropped.
Old 2009-08-26, 12:55   Link #144
NeonZ

Stupid question... what does the "gotoku" part of the Japanese title of the series mean? I couldn't find "gotoku"(a version without any kanji, at least) in a dictionary.
Old 2009-08-27, 03:09   Link #145
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I think Hayate no Gotoku means "With wind" or "like a hurricane", something about wind. I know they namedrop it in one of the chapters (it's Hayate's secret technique), so I'll check there right now..

... yeah, Musashi-Quality (I believe it was them) translated Hayate no Gotoku as "like a hurricane". It's chapter 63, page 15 if you're curious. Babelfish says Gotoku is "as though", for what it's worth, so Gotoku is where the "like a ___" part comes from.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:04   Link #146
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

hmm i guess this is not gonna happen, but does he have any "romantic" relationships/development with any other girls besides nagi? I personally like the pink haired girl a lot from what i remember.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:21   Link #147
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
hmm i guess this is not gonna happen, but does he have any "romantic" relationships/development with any other girls besides nagi? I personally like the pink haired girl a lot from what i remember.
You should watch the second season, there's a pretty big romantic development (the Hina B-day arc) for the pink-haired girl (Hinagiku). There's also a bit of development for Ayumu (Valentine, White Day arc). But don't expect much development on Hayate's side though.
Old 2009-08-30, 20:59   Link #148
thefeared

What happened to Ayumu in the manga? Does she still have a chance with Hayate, or is she basically an afterthought now?
Old 2009-09-02, 10:17   Link #149
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

She's still relevant, but she doesn't have a decent chance of winning.
Old 2009-09-03, 22:05   Link #150
Gibber

When is Hayate's brother mentioned?
Old 2009-09-04, 09:41   Link #151
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I believe the first time was during Sakuya's birthday arc.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:00   Link #152
ellifeedn
Thinker

How many girls are considered to be in Hayate's harem? Wataru's? I've lost track.
Old 2009-09-12, 22:56   Link #153
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
How many girls are considered to be in Hayate's harem? Wataru's? I've lost track.
Hayate - Nagi, Hina, Athena, Ayumu, Izumi. Isumi and Maria are debatable.
Wataru - Sister Fortesia, Sakuya, Saki.

That aside, does anyone know who the VA is for Sakuya's dad? He sounds awfully familiar, but I can't put a name to his voice.
Old 2009-09-15, 05:44   Link #154
Ampharos

I have been reading that season two is coming to an end very soon. Does anyone happen to know when the next season will start?

EDIT:

This may seem like a silly question. But is the second season a continuation off of the first season?

Last edited by Ampharos; 2009-09-19 at 15:31.
Old 2009-10-09, 16:50   Link #155
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I only have one question for this anime and I hope that someone can give me a non-spoiler type of answer. My question is:

Does the romance aspect of this anime have closure? Or is it as ambiguous as every other romance/harem anime out there?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-09, 17:31   Link #156
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I only have one question for this anime and I hope that someone can give me a non-spoiler type of answer. My question is:

Does the romance aspect of this anime have closure? Or is it as ambiguous as every other romance/harem anime out there?
Err, the manga on which the anime is based isn't finished yet so it's not possible to give an answer to that yet. I do think Hata-sensei wants to avoid a Pie end .. but it's just wait and see at this moment.

If you're only going to watch the anime, don't expect closure anytime soon.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:55   Link #157
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Err, the manga on which the anime is based isn't finished yet so it's not possible to give an answer to that yet. I do think Hata-sensei wants to avoid a Pie end .. but it's just wait and see at this moment.

If you're only going to watch the anime, don't expect closure anytime soon.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the answer then, well I'm guessing that there's going to be another season for this anime then.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-20, 02:21   Link #158
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

I got a Question

Why does Almost Everybody like Hinagiku

Really. I know she is pretty and hot and almost perfect but why almost everybody like her
Old 2009-10-22, 22:50   Link #159
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
I got a Question

Why does Almost Everybody like Hinagiku

Really. I know she is pretty and hot and almost perfect but why almost everybody like her
Because she's a tsundere without being super annoying like Nagi. She also has the most character development (though that's possibly a byproduct of her popularity) and is the most prominent female that has a love interest in Hayate.
Old 2009-10-23, 00:06   Link #160
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

But i like annoying and cute character (still stands for Nagi)