AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-28, 23:25   Link #1
Izzy
Corrupted

Some good dark type anime

anything the involves freaky psychological setting type of anime

thanks
Old 2003-11-28, 23:45   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

The 2 most obvious would be Lain and Boogiepop Phantom. Also check out Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Old 2003-11-29, 19:56   Link #3
Lain

Narutaru starts out like a sort of Pokemon clone, but toward the end, it's DAMN dark and disturbing.

Like, when they decide to stick a glass or something up this girl's vagina and then kick her in the stomach, so that it will break. And afterwards, when said girl goes nuts. Nasty show, really. Pity it ends.
Old 2003-11-29, 21:29   Link #4
sothis

BLAME! is a good, short series which makes no sense at all.

Soul Taker is another.

as well as Texhnolyze.

a personal favorite of mine is Cat Soup. (1 episode ova)
Old 2003-11-30, 02:47   Link #5
kazusa
Helping Translator

Send a message via AIM to kazusa Send a message via MSN to kazusa
RahXephon is a really good one to watch then. The series though, not the OVA.
It's a deep and very complicated anime although it's not as morbid as you may want it to be. On the other hand you could also check out Noir; very mysterious.
Old 2003-11-30, 03:09   Link #6
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain
Narutaru starts out like a sort of Pokemon clone, but toward the end, it's DAMN dark and disturbing.

Like, when they decide to stick a glass or something up this girl's vagina and then kick her in the stomach, so that it will break. And afterwards, when said girl goes nuts. Nasty show, really. Pity it ends.

Ouch!

Anyway, why dun you try Chrno Crusade too? Hmm, judging from the storyline that I have read in one of the fansites, I reckon that it may be a little dark anime too.
Old 2003-12-03, 00:27   Link #7
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

I would suggest Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari. Some guy smashes another guys head in with a rock in the first episode. It kinda scared me so I only watched one episode.
Old 2003-12-03, 09:01   Link #8
black_light
Hatake Kakashi - Jounin

Send a message via AIM to black_light
i watched hellsing and it is fucking amazing, one of my favorites.
my freind told me bible black and devil lady are, try em' if u want.
Old 2003-12-03, 10:35   Link #9
Aquillion

I strongly recommend Hitsuji no Uta, one of the better dark psychological shows to come out recently.
Old 2003-12-03, 11:24   Link #10
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

What? Bible Black is hentai...
Old 2003-12-03, 11:47   Link #11
Lambda

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Evangelion yet.

Perfect Blue is another very obvious choice. Perhaps Alien Nine and certain parts of Utena would qualify too.
Old 2003-12-03, 16:12   Link #12
Lain

Of course, the best of the best is simply Serial Experiments: Lain, isn't that so, Lambda?
Old 2003-12-03, 17:26   Link #13
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Well, personally I dont care for Serial Expierments: Lain but I do love Hellsing, and thats kind of "dark" and I guess Berserk is a bit dark also...but I think they are in a different way that you want. And, I've heard some quite dark stories about Narutaru...

Last edited by OFFSPRiNGCo16; 2004-01-04 at 19:01.
Old 2003-12-03, 19:02   Link #14
Lambda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain
Of course, the best of the best is simply Serial Experiments: Lain, isn't that so, Lambda?
I'm not sure; I've been finding it very difficult recently to decide whether I prefer Lain or Evangelion. Lain gets the avatar because it's got the best still images ever, (Abe is a genius), it's aesthetically perfect and it's got such an amazing and fundamentally interesting and perception-distorting set of themes and storytelling method that nothing else can match or even get close to, but Eva's got the best direction and ensemble cast I've ever seen, its breadth and scope are incredible and the paths it forged were probably necessary for Lain to exist in the first place.

Anyway, they're both magnificent.
Old 2003-12-04, 01:17   Link #15
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I can definitely agree that Narutaru is really fucked up(sorry for language). The first 5 eps will lead you astray but the last 5 eps just blows you away. Koutesu aka Hundred Stories is an extremely "dark" anime. It goes for the jugular in every episode. I highly recommend both. Be warned though because Narutaru deals with children in the messed up shit, could be highly offensive.
Old 2003-12-04, 11:50   Link #16
Izzy
Corrupted

Thank you, I just needed a few titles to help a friend on making an AMV

thanks
Old 2003-12-07, 20:52   Link #17
gho
anime fan

Send a message via AIM to gho Send a message via Yahoo to gho
Quote:
I tend to agree to that phrase from "Lain" but I also like almost all the stuff I read here... the rest I am going to see later and decide....

Just one comment on Shingetsutan Tsukihime... it is a good series with a "gloomy" atmosphere but that's not the center point of the storie nor it is the motive for me whatching it... this is a impossible love story where the greatest this and also the focus of the script is to try to show the love between Arcueid and Shiki... the rest is just the setting! What I like most in this story is the Charisma of the characters. I loved when Arcueid described the way she was cut off into 17 pieces... that's the moment when she falls in love with Shiki.
Old 2003-12-07, 21:00   Link #18
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Alien Nine, If you can understand it.
Old 2003-12-08, 08:52   Link #19
Tboz

Try Blue Submarine No.6.

Although its short with only 6 episodes, its has nice cg and really twisted villians.
Old 2003-12-08, 12:30   Link #20
gho
anime fan

Send a message via AIM to gho Send a message via Yahoo to gho
I got interested in Boogiepop Phantom but I can't find any torrents to it...
Closed Thread