AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-05, 17:23   Link #1
Farsighted

Storyline flaws?

These may have been mentioned already....

Sasuke VS Gaara... Gaara's sand should have turned into glass by Sasuke's fire jutsus

Since Shikamaru passed the gennin test, and all three team members have to be present to take it, does that mean Ino and Chouji can never retake it?
Farsighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 17:37   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsighted

Sasuke VS Gaara... Gaara's sand should have turned into glass by Sasuke's fire jutsus

Since Shikamaru passed the gennin test, and all three team members have to be present to take it, does that mean Ino and Chouji can never retake it?
Well If you really want to be technical, you could explain the sand not melting and turning into glass because of specific heat and the sand being in constant motion. Simply, the fire is never on one grain of sand long enough for it to absorb enough heat to actually melt. Just like you can pass your finger though the flame of a lighter quickly and not get burned.
As for the genin test, Ino just needs to find new teamates. There's nothing saying a genin is on the same team permently.
Old 2004-08-05, 18:24   Link #3
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsighted

Why would a "flaw" liek that even be brought up? This is an anime where people can blow Fire, Water, Air, Mud out of their mouthes, and make replicas of themselves. I'm sure the "flaw" you speak of now when compared to that seems like nothing. Why do people have to read into everything so heavily.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 18:43   Link #4
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Why would a "flaw" liek that even be brought up? This is an anime where people can blow Fire, Water, Air, Mud out of their mouthes, and make replicas of themselves. I'm sure the "flaw" you speak of now when compared to that seems like nothing. Why do people have to read into everything so heavily.
I really don't know, but for some reason they always will.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 18:47   Link #5
xavier8200

maybe there should be spoiler tags on the part concerning shikamaru?
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 19:47   Link #6
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
That's not a flaw. That's a rule of the Naruto world (that people can blow fire, water, air... have certain existent/non-existent technologies).

What he's asking about is inconsistency, not impossibility. The Sasuke Sand situation is easily explained: either Sasuke's not providing enough heat or the sand is never in one place long enough to be affected by the heat. It is also possible that Gaara's Chakra-enfused sand interferes with Sasuke's Chakra-enfused fire.

As for Shikamaru's situation, there is no indication that becoming a Chuunin splits you up from your original team. Becoming a Chuunin simply means you are certified to lead your own missions (on the side, perhaps) and receive more pay for the missions you partake in; Shikamaru will most probably remain on his own team until he a) becomes a Jounin, b) is on his own because the others die (which I doubt), or c) until the others become Chuunins and as such are capable of going on their own missions. Shikamaru was able to become a Chuunin at 12/13; unless he's Kakashi or someone of that nature, he will probably continue to proceed at a normal rate like everyone else. Shikamaru will have to train more than his brain to become Jounin; since Chuunins simply require excellent leadership, Jounins must require more than that. Besides, on his own team, he is most probably going to take the role of second-in-command for now.

And, on a side note: not that I do this, but for those who do, what's wrong with nit-picking? The issue isn't that the story exists in a fantasy world. The issue is that the story has been given a world with its own set of rules and laws and that the story remains consistent by adhering to them. When something that happens is inconsistent within a story, whether it be make-believe or not, there should be an explanation or a feasible possibility based upon the laws and rules that make up the story. That's what he's doing; he's not asking "how can they do ninjutsu and what the hell is chakra?" He's sitting there saying that ninjas, even with special techniques, adhere to some physical laws (ie. water putting out fire, hot-enough-fire turning sand to glass, gravity, etc.).

If looking at inconsistencies is irrelevant, then Vs. posts are irrelevant, episode discussion is irrelevant... Naruto is irrelevant. And if the show is irrelevant, why is anyone wasting their time telling anyone else that the show is just a fantasy world so it shouldn't be questioned? Aka, why do you watch it in the first place? Why is it okay to like a made-up show with made-up characters but not okay to point out plotholes or question situations where physical science doesn't add up in a series that makes it clear that there are STILL physical laws that govern its world? And I know Naruto CAN'T be irrelevant, because we all watch the show, love the show, discuss the show in these forums... you get the idea. When this show adheres to nothing but Looney Tunes physics, then perhaps nit-picking seems silly.

All I'm saying is that this thread isn't pointless. If the guidelines Kishimoto set for the Naruto world are broken without a distinct reason, then this ceases to be the world we know of as Naruto. Regardless of the fact that this show is not real, the story and world are as they are because of certain things that are explained in this world to make them as they are.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 20:06   Link #7
lotus_lee

Maybe Gaara's sand is of a high level and therefore, cannot be destroyed by Sasuke's Katon jutsu. It's like against Haku when you would expect the Katon to melt the ice but it wasn't enough since the ice was of a much higher level.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 20:35   Link #8
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
whoops wrong thread...

oh yeah lotus lee why do you have tsunade as one of your ninja taisen must-haves...I mean she IS really 50, lol
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 21:21   Link #9
lotus_lee

50 she may be but she oozes of sexiness, although as Naruto says, she does look like a grandma sometimes. She was way hotter in the past.

But anyways, if they are to have Jiraiya in Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3, then they might as well put Tsunade to make up the 3 Sannin.

Last edited by lotus_lee; 2004-08-06 at 10:24.
Old 2004-08-05, 21:26   Link #10
pervert sannin

Send a message via AIM to pervert sannin Send a message via Yahoo to pervert sannin
JIRAIYA RULES!
pervert sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 21:29   Link #11
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervert sannin
JIRAIYA RULES!
Yea man! He's so damn funny, especially his facial and bodily expressions. He's so damn perverted man, lol.
Old 2004-08-05, 21:46   Link #12
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Well, for me to take the discussion away from disguised 50-year old women and men for a second...

From http://www.wheatonvillage.org/down_j..._depalma5.html
The sand that is used to make glass is first given materials to make its fusing point lower. It is then heated at about 2500ºF or just over 1370ºC to make it into glass.

I don't think Sasuke is able to blow fire of that temperature.
Like Kamui4356 said, InoCho would just have to find a new teammate for the exam.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 21:59   Link #13
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
lol guess ur right, but Jiraiyas the coolest out of the 3 sannins only cause he's funny when he's perverted and he is considered most skilled of the three.
Old 2004-08-05, 22:19   Link #14
RagnarokCo

Send a message via MSN to RagnarokCo
My favorite is when Jirayai does his finger waves. And when he was like, 'I'm a super pervert.'

And, I thought Jirayai was the weakest of the three. I didn't hear this for sure but..
RagnarokCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 22:24   Link #15
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

You thought Jiraiya was the weakest? Was it because he was a perverted hermit? lol
Old 2004-08-05, 22:50   Link #16
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

about sasuke, i dont know, but its more logical if it were the CHIDORI rather than KATON jutsus, because lightning changes sand into glass almost in an instant rather than fire.. or is the chidori a lightning attack?? hmm..

Spoiler:

lol, about jiraiya being the weakest, there's just more than what meets the eye.. sarutobi himself is a pervert..
byakurasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 23:13   Link #17
Zek
Eyebrows...

Chidori is pure chakra. It only looks like lightning.

Spoiler:
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 00:06   Link #18
naruto_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervert sannin
JIRAIYA RULES!
Ummmmm I personally think Orochimaru is way better "because good is dumb" ~Dark Helmet

And come on. We all know that Orochimaru has created a kinjutsu that makes him invincible. All he needs is a second body. And he is the strongest person in the episode next to Itachi. My vote goes to Orochimaru.
naruto_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 04:35   Link #19
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_117
Ummmmm I personally think Orochimaru is way better "because good is dumb" ~Dark Helmet

And come on. We all know that Orochimaru has created a kinjutsu that makes him invincible. All he needs is a second body. And he is the strongest person in the episode next to Itachi. My vote goes to Orochimaru.
Um hello but have you noticed that Orochimaru CAN'T use any more bodies because the Third took his arms away forever...lol
Old 2004-08-06, 06:17   Link #20
yinstro

yes, turning sand to glass is more complex than merely putting it in fire and reqs high temps. and gaaras sand control hasnt really been elaborated yet. we dont know how much control he has over sand, maybe his sand cant be made glass.

bout oro, we dont know if his body change jutsu requires ninjutsu hand movements or how long, or what he has to do to do it, hence hes not that great, just for those techniques alone, and really at this point dont think we can say which is the strongest sannin.

and tsunade, may be 50, but she has body of 25 year old ( most the time) shes not really my fav chick, not my style but to the fellow super perverts i say if the grass on the field looks green your clear to play!
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote