AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite F/sn Character Poll (Multiple Choice allowed!)
Emiya Kiritsugu 52 5.36%
Emiya Shirou 190 19.59%
Saber 577 59.48%
Tohsaka Rin 477 49.18%
Archer 443 45.67%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 229 23.61%
Berzerker 31 3.20%
Matou Sakura 121 12.47%
Matou Shinji 13 1.34%
Rider 197 20.31%
Kuzuki Souichirou 17 1.75%
Caster 85 8.76%
Assassin 112 11.55%
Kotomine Kirei 38 3.92%
Lancer 124 12.78%
Gilgamesh 165 17.01%
Fuji Nee (Fujimura Taiga) 65 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-05, 15:58   Link #541
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

....Off topic again? I swear, you people.

Ah ah, don't fight it Cherry-tan. The "Oh I was only a 'little' off topic..." won't work a second time. Bring it to the game thread.

Can't a guy state his opinion without people getting in a debate of Zouken and his motives? Bloody hell....
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 16:26   Link #542
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, honestly, I don't care if it's a little off-topic, and your attitude somewhat pisses me off, so....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:08   Link #543
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Ladies... calm down. We can all go down to Paddy's if you want, there's enough Guinness there that you'll be not only best friends before the end of the night, but you'll end up doing things that you'd wish you'd forget.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:50   Link #544
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Your joke would have more bite if it wasn't reacting to a convo from more than a week ago.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 17:02   Link #545
Flinch
Onii-chan~

I got back a couple days ago, if I was on on week ago, it would've been better, but alas, I don't even remember where I was.
Old 2010-12-17, 23:38   Link #546
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I got back a couple days ago, if I was on on week ago, it would've been better, but alas, I don't even remember where I was.
Don't feel too bad about it, RL matters sucked up a whole week and then some of my time as a matter of course, which is a pain in itself.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 23:43   Link #547
Flinch
Onii-chan~

The thing is, I don't even remember what it was. THAT'S why I feel bad.
Old 2011-01-13, 12:10   Link #548
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Shit! Archer is even better in UBW movie!
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:32   Link #549
Ragna92

Gilgamesh,Archer,And Rin. Gilgamesh since he was OP and a really good antagonist. Archer is what made fate so epic. And Rin I'd have to say everything about her(For one a main heroine I actually like)

Last edited by Ragna92; 2011-08-17 at 13:19.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 04:52   Link #550
Rag

Voted for everyone except Sakura.

I apologize to the Sakura fans out there, but Sakura is the sole f/sn character that irritates me.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Uhhh, hey... guys, people. Fair ladies and gentlemen of all communities and walks of life - what is there not to hate about Zouken?

His tenacity to live is sickening. The length he goes to just to prolong his life? God damn, I don't know where to start.

He is the one that put Sakura into her situation - a direct effect of that is Shinji.

Great villain, super easy to hate. Reminds me I need to make an effirgy of him sometime and shank the living hell out of it. :|
I didn't really hate Zouken after HF and Fate/Zero. I'm more like indifferent to every villain in any work. I mean come on, hating a fictional character? I understand if you dislike a character, but loathe a non-existing person will all your heart?

And you're forgetting the reason he's prolonging his life in the first place. He started with a pure wish (world peace and shit), but the real world crushed him yet he was stubborn about it and sought immortality and in the end his wish deteriorated and he forgot what he was doing in the first place, lol.

Ironically, he suffered several times more than Sakura ever did.

Spoiler for For HF:

Quote:
My favourites are Saber and Ilya. Saber because she has an awesome personality what with hilarious quirks (Massive eater, Teddy bear lover, ahoge) that are such a contrast to her otherwise stoic personality. Ilya because of her extremely heart breaking interlude in UBW and a completely wasted potential for a genuine brother sister relationship to develop between her and Shirou.
You just summed up the feelings of a large portion of the Illya fans. Seriously though, they should rewrite HF and scrap Sakura off in a similar way like in Fate n UBW or just kill her early on. We could then have the Illya/Archer route. As for the brother/sister thing, thankfully we have Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya which is an example of how awesome an Illya route would have been. HF was wasted on Sakura honestly.

Quote:
People complain about the cooking scenes, but it was there that pure character development occurred, which many missed because it didn't have blood flowing or weapons flying.

The characters became "people" during these scenes, instead of fancy killbots. The one thing you can complain about in HF was that it had a huuuuuge amount of info to dump, so it was hard to take it all in. Sakura's situation is so brutal, that many feel it to be too much to handle all at once(or that it is too unbelievable, but remember, we are dealing with the world of magic here, people can be that cruel in real life, why can't they be even more so with supernatural abilities?), but that is what you are delivered with.
Too brutal? More like complete and utter crap. Sure, I felt sorry for her when it was first mentioned she was raped.

But then the dick worms came in, followed by poisoning, followed by Shinji abuse, followed by 'lol imma gonna kill u' talk, followed by Angra corruption, followed by the 'So what?' talk by her sister.

Everything else was fine. I think another reason I came to dislike her was because of how she mops in her normal end. Others would see it as her unending devotion to wait for some who would never return but nonetheless, she threw her life away after finally being free from the shit she's been through and that pissed me off.

/rant

Last edited by Rag; 2011-02-16 at 06:36.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 21:26   Link #551
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post

I apologize to the Sakura fans out there, but Sakura is the sole f/sn character that irritates me.
Why does this not shock me one bit?

And why do I get the distinct impression that I know exactly who you are...?

Quote:
And you're forgetting the reason he's prolonging his life in the first place. He started with a pure wish (world peace and shit), but the real world crushed him yet he was stubborn about it and sought immortality and in the end his wish deteriorated and he forgot what he was doing in the first place, lol.
And? That doesn't make him any less of a monster now.

Quote:
Yes, because of his own actions.

Quote:
You just summed up the feelings of a large portion of the Illya fans. Seriously though, they should rewrite HF and scrap Sakura off in a similar way like in Fate n UBW or just kill her early on. We could then have the Illya/Archer route. As for the brother/sister thing, thankfully we have Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya which is an example of how awesome an Illya route would have been. HF was wasted on Sakura honestly.
No, it wasn't.

I don't necessarily disagree that an Ilya route would not be a bad thing to have, but it sure as hell should not be replacing Sakura's route.

I do like Ilya, but her fans do make it awfullly hard for me to resist the temptation to lash out at her at times, by posting total shit like this. If you want an Ilya route, fine, but don't try to get rid of Sakura's just because you're annoyed that she got a route and your waifu didn't.

Quote:
Too brutal? More like complete and utter crap. Sure, I felt sorry for her when it was first mentioned she was raped.

But then the dick worms came in, followed by poisoning, followed by Shinji abuse, followed by 'lol imma gonna kill u' talk, followed by Angra corruption, followed by the 'So what?' talk by her sister.
How is it "complete and utter crap"? They're in a universe where magic exists, it's entirely viable.

By the same logic, you should absolutely hate Ilya. After all, whoever heard of an artificially-created human made solely from men's sperm (which is what a homonculus is)? It could simply never happen.

Quote:
Everything else was fine. I think another reason I came to dislike her was because of how she mops in her normal end. Others would see it as her unending devotion to wait for some who would never return but nonetheless, she threw her life away after finally being free from the shit she's been through and that pissed me off.

/rant
Yes, because she's fucking broken after being tortured for eleven years from the age of four.
Old 2011-02-19, 12:55   Link #552
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post

EDIT:

I didn't really hate Zouken after HF and Fate/Zero. I'm more like indifferent to every villain in any work. I mean come on, hating a fictional character? I understand if you dislike a character, but loathe a non-existing person will all your heart?

Spoiler for For HF:

/rant

The more I read stuff like this the more it ends up amusing me.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:02   Link #553
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Saber is the most popular. Fate/Zero hasn't even aired yet but...
Old 2011-04-16, 18:59   Link #554
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Heck, nearly all of the Fate/Zero promotional art has contained Saber. They certainly know how to milk a popular character.
Old 2011-04-17, 09:58   Link #555
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah. What's funny is that Archer is in the list for the guy's part. He's not even in Fate/Zero.
Old 2011-04-17, 10:56   Link #556
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah. What's funny is that Archer is in the list for the guy's part. He's not even in Fate/Zero.
Well, I'm pretty sure they're still there from the movie. Note that Saber's stock fell, meaning she's been there a while. I guess they just changed her title from Stay Night to Zero.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 04:48   Link #557
CadetPD

Can someone explain to me what they like so much about Saber?
Like, a well written long explanation as to why I should think she's such a great character.
Because I've never understood the mass love for her.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's really neat but I don't like her on the same level that everyone else seems to.
I appreciate her bad-assness mixed with her cute personality quirks that she shows in more relaxed situations along with her sense of justice that works well in the darkness that is Fate/stay Night. But at the same time, that same sort of lawful-good stock character aspect of her disinterests me at times and I never felt like there was ever any real conflict to her character. Moreso, I never felt the need to care about her "struggle" because it never felt like there really was an issue. But maybe that is just a reflection of my own views on life versus what Saber was trying to accomplish by obtaining the Grail.

I dunno really.
I'm not trying to troll or anything I'd like to just hear some honest thought out answers beyond simple "She's badass" or "She's really cute".
Which, I'm not saying that's not enough reason to like a character. But I'm sure some people have more to say.

My personal favorite is Rider and I could write pages up on why I love her and think she's one of the best characters in anything I've read/watched/played etc.

So yeah, I'm just interested to see what people have to say about Saber.
CadetPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 05:10   Link #558
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest i didn't really think Saber was anything special either until I saw Realta Nua's Last Episode, then I started to like her a lot. That single bit added a lot of depth to her character imo.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 09:27   Link #559
careph

I'm not too much a fan of Saber myself, but I somehow doubt there's an answer to your question at all: Do you really need a reason to like somebody? Do the reasons people come up with for liking somebody really have anything to with the fact they like somebody, other than that they reinforce the initial sympathy? I could name quite a few of Saber's personality traits that appeal to me personally, and still she leaves me cold for the most part. On the other hand, there's characters in Fate who display attributes I find disagreeable, and yet I like them.
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:21   Link #560
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadetPD View Post
Can someone explain to me what they like so much about Saber?
Like, a well written long explanation as to why I should think she's such a great character.
Because I've never understood the mass love for her.
Because she's the love interest and main heroine of the anime, and the majority of the people on this site either only watched the anime, or watched it first and, thus, tend to have a rather large bias towards Saber as a character.

If you look at less anime-centric sites, Rin tends to do better than Saber (although she's still reasonably popular).