Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-27, 19:45   Link #1
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Shounen-ai unlicensed anime

Could you recommend me some shounen-ai unlicensed anime that I can download via bittorrent on this site? Thanks a lot!
Old 2004-10-27, 20:02   Link #2
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Er... to be honest, nothing really comes to mind. I just scrolled down AS's entire list of series and didn't encounter anything I'd label "shounen-ai." A few months ago, Kyou Kara Maou would have been my first recommendation--it's funny as balls--but it got licensed. The Mirage of Blaze OVA is currently out (albeit unsubbed), but you definitely shouldn't watch it without first seeing the licensed and fully released TV series.

So I'd advise you to wait a little while; there are a surprisingly large number of shounen-ai OVAs and TV series coming out in the not-so-distant future. Meine Liebe is obviously the first (although I have yet to see any concrete evidence that it will be shounen-ai or at least shounen-ai-ish), and if nothing else it'll be graced with Bee Train's spectacular production values. One or two others have been mentioned on these boards, including a Loveless OVA (points to avatar), which will hopefully improve on the so-so manga.

While shoujo-ai is really in vogue right now, chances are that things will have begun to balance out by the first half of 2005.
Old 2004-10-27, 20:18   Link #3
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Meine Liebe, woot, go Bee-Train. lol.
I've been suggesting that series to everyone lately (even though I haven't seen it ^^") so now I actually have a reason to do so. It airs next week, November, although I wonder if anyone would bother to sub it...*chibi sheds a tear*
Old 2004-10-27, 20:29   Link #4
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Meine Liebe, woot, go Bee-Train. lol.
I've been suggesting that series to everyone lately (even though I haven't seen it ^^") so now I actually have a reason to do so. It airs next week, November, although I wonder if anyone would bother to sub it...*chibi sheds a tear*
Shining Fansubs said before that they would sub Meine Liebe - I haven't heard anything about them dropping it

And on the upcoming series front...Sukisyo! (full name: Suki na mono wa suki dakara shou ga nai!), which might be the first ever yaoi-game-turned-TV-anime, will be coming out January 2005. So that's another thing to look forward to in the future.

As for current series, I believe Harutoki has a bit of a yaoi fandom going for it - although since we're only 4 episodes into the anime series (and I have neither played the games or read the manga that the anime is based on), I'm not quite clear on what exact pairings are there.

Spoiler for Possible spoiler for Harutoki Ep 2:

The easiest solution is to, of course, have Akane choose one of the bishounen, with the rest choosing among each other
Old 2004-10-28, 07:40   Link #5
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Thanks everyone! I already knew about Meine Liebe, being a huge Bee-Train fan as I am, and I'm looking forward to it I was just wondering if there was anything else around... Could you describe a little about Harutoki? Also, I might check Sukisyo and Loveless later, I'm not really into shounen-ai since I had a really bad impression from Gravitation but I would like to see more and better of it!
Closed Thread