AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-12, 12:20   Link #41
Seihai
スマイリウム

Everything is foreshadowed and makes sense, people are only surprised by some things because their personal speculations weren't right. And the surprises are mostly not meant negative, or so I think. At least I find it pretty awesome when something happens I totally failed to predict. But thinking about the things, they all make sense.
Old 2011-03-13, 23:35   Link #42
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
Mami said that Grief Seed has another function than to purify the soul gem !!
what's it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Assuming that you've watched 9 episodes (you must watch carefully) so far...

Spoiler for Soul Gem Secret:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
As above, I consider you watched till ep 9.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
mami never knew about a lot of those more important details (at least according to kyuube).
Yeah Mami Do not know about those, so it's possible that Mami actually know about something that was not yet mentioned in the anime.

Question:
Anyone know the name of that mermaid witch with dual sword (in the concert-like space) in ep 9 and 10? We all know which one i means, right?
The name should already be decoded
Old 2011-03-14, 01:10   Link #43
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Anyone know the name of that mermaid witch with dual sword (in the concert-like space) in ep 9 and 10? We all know which one i means, right?
The name should already be decoded
Oktavia von Seckendorff , here's more info
Old 2011-03-15, 12:07   Link #44
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Im saying ass pulls cuz i hear in review people going, "wtf kyuubei is evil!?" or like this one " WTF !? she can turn back time?" among many.

So ur saying that its sometimes hinted at from a certain point?
Homura's background and ability was hinted at from the very beginning, with the opening song "Connect" and the first episode:

People missing important foreshadowing is different from the story actually missing important details.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-03-15 at 20:04. Reason: Image didn't show up, so used THUMBNAIL links from site where image is hosted.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 15:57   Link #45
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Homura's background and ability was hinted at from the very beginning, with the opening song "Connect"
Thanks for pointing out! I've never paid attention to the lyrics until just now.

"I won't forget the promises we exchanged"
"Let's move forward in this world by shattering the overflowing shadows of anxiety again and again"
"No matter how tall a wall there is, I will definitely cross over it"

It's Homura's song.

Last edited by netvope; 2011-03-29 at 16:09.
netvope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 18:42   Link #46
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Thanks for pointing out! I've never paid attention to the lyrics until just now.
I admit I missed this until my second viewing of episode 10. It should have been obvious, since they gave you the back-story and answered most of the questions about her, then played Connect as the ED. It was one of those "finally saw the sailboat" moments when it finally clicked.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:13   Link #47
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

is there any news on tomorrow getting the 11th?
Old 2011-03-30, 20:55   Link #48
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
is there any news on tomorrow getting the 11th?
No new updates on the official site or twitter so I'd say chances are slim to none.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 02:38   Link #49
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
the only tweets that surfaced so far suggest that episode 12 may be finished... but that doesn't quite guarantee immediate combacks...
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 08:28   Link #50
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

I heard rumors saying that MBS is refusing to air the final two episodes, altogether.
Anyone know if this is true? If it is, we're screwed.
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 17:08   Link #51
liquid-metal

Worth the wait?

I only watched the very first two episode of Madoka Magica and let me say it's awesome

Since the series is delayed, should I just wait until the complete series hits blu-ray by August?

Is it worth it?

Thanks!
liquid-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 07:14   Link #52
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
I heard rumors saying that MBS is refusing to air the final two episodes, altogether.
Anyone know if this is true? If it is, we're screwed.
There is no official backup for these rumours (and it's doubtful there'd ever be), but if it's true, all is up to how soon the authors will manage to negotiate out of the deal. I believe MBS will give up someday and we'll definitely see these two episodes before their BD release... but April broadcast no longer seems too likely, and it bugs me a lot...

@liquid-metal: As to waiting... it's at your own risk. Once you'll get pasdt 10 available episodes, you might be longing for the final as desperately as many of us here. But then again, you'll have gained access to the show that's rewarding to watch even in its incomplete state. There are many twists, visuals, voice acting and music to enjoy. Would I have watched Madoka if I had known there would be such a delay? My answer is YES.
Old 2011-04-08, 08:27   Link #53
alexwmd

Apparently some MBS employee confirmed on twitter that it was delayed due to the earthquake.

[21:17.52] <+marubatu> real reason is said by MBS employee
[21:18.48] <+marubatu> that "it's delayed because it is sensitive to broadcast something at this moment, we have to choose wisely"
[21:19.08] <+marubatu> also sauce: https://twitter.com/honane/status/50469262514597888
[21:23.17] <+marubatu> "Please treat this as what I heard from others, since it's not my area of responsibility. I can't say anything but please wait for a while. People think differently, we have to handle with extreme care in a time like this. It's not getting cancelled, so please don't worry. Please endure with it for a while."

[21:24.57] <+marubatu> "Please don't misunderstand, we don't think suspend a show mid-way is a good thing. We also want to resume the program as soon as possible. But now I can't say anything beyond that, so please endure with it for a while."
[21:23.54] <+marubatu> https://twitter.com/honane/status/50529108261736448
alexwmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 09:00   Link #54
Snork
Twilight lander

I guess this is as official as it can ever get at this point. Well, endure for a while is pretty much what we've been doing all this time, so no big news. At least, the general staff there seems to understand what the audience feels.
The question is, how to measure a safe term of keeping things politically correct? Memories of such events remain fresh for years, and the death toll isn't even fully calculated yet. Not to mention reoccuring 6.0-7.0 aftershocks. Besides, people DO think differently, there may always be someone to complain about the harshness of the show "at such times" even if you air it around September.
Old 2011-04-08, 13:50   Link #55
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Japan is pretty much guaranteed to get a big earthquake at least once per decade, with relatively lighter ones occurring almost every year. They can't hold up the "We're doing this out of sympathy for the earthquake victims" excuse forever. Sooner or later, they'll have to return back to the usual routine. Question is, how long till this little fact dawns on them?

But, all we can do is wait and hope they won't take too much longer.
Old 2011-04-08, 21:37   Link #56
Snork
Twilight lander

We're not out if April yet, so let's hope Shaft had something to back up their optimism for setting this deadline.
Old 2011-04-10, 23:16   Link #57
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

anyone know what does the runes at the start of ep 1 say, the ones after the courtain rises?
Old 2011-04-10, 23:19   Link #58
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

"Prologue in heaven 2011"

As translated here.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 00:54   Link #59
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

thanx a lot, i knew it was on the wiki, i just suck exploring them since they changed the layout a couple of months ago.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:52   Link #60
Tom Bombadil

I don't quite understand the fighting sequence in ep11. Could someone explain to me what happened?

When Homura jumped down from the truck over the bridge, she landed on 3 tube that raised from the water. What are those?
After that, there were two long horizontal things that hit the witch, what's that?
Then soon after, there was an array of red blinking laser things that exploded. What are those?

Note that I'd like some more intelligent answers than missile launchers and bombs.

Edit: add some pictures.
http://randomc.net/image/Mahou%20Sho...1%20-%2021.jpg
http://randomc.net/image/Mahou%20Sho...1%20-%2022.jpg

Tags
q&a