AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 10:22   Link #1
marvelB

[3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 5 - Dual Destinies

Huh, kinda surprised I haven't seen this game get its own thread yet. Anyway, looks like it's been confirmed. Honestly, I'm slightly disappointed to learn that Nick is the main character again (IMO, the fact that this game takes place after AJ could have been a great opportunity for Capcom to further develop Apollo's character). But hopefully, ol' Polly will have a role in the plot anyways (and even more hopefully, a crucial one at that)....

But then again, it's questionable whether this game will be localized or not considering that happened with Investigations 2. But I still think there's a chance since the series is actually fairly popular outside Japan. At least it's not next to nil like the awesomely awesome Danganronpa series (though at least there's a fan translation in progress for THAT).

Anyway, definitely looking forward to more info!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:47   Link #2
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I have pretty much the same thoughts. I really liked Polly and it's really disappointing that he gets abandoned like this. I also don't really like the idea of a game with Nick as the protagonist without Maya as the side kick .
Old 2012-09-05, 15:13   Link #3
Shadow5YA

I say good riddance to Apollo.

It would have been nice if Apollo did stand strongly as his own character, but if Capcom is going to half-ass his story and let a hobo Phoenix steal the spotlight again, I'd rather have Phoenix Wright make a proper return.

Besides, Phoenix's upgraded outfit looks pretty classy.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:22   Link #4
com_gwp

http://andriasang.com/con2lk/ace_attorney_5_screens/

First incredibly tiny images in. Classy new suit for a older phoenix.

Crazy idea struck me: What if the new girl's an all grown-up Pearl?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:54   Link #5
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

So Phoenix decided to pick up the way of attorney again? I thought he decided to just take care of Apollo and his foster daughter, but then again my memory of Apollo justice is very hazy :P.

I think as well that it's a unfortunate that the makers decided to not give Apollo a second chance. I know at least from the gamefaqs board that Apollo and the rather friendly/cooperative relation to Klavier wasn't received very positively, although I liked this kind of approach =/.

Be it as it is, let's wait for more information. If a miracle happens maye we'll get to see Iris again *awww*
Old 2012-09-05, 16:05   Link #6
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
So Phoenix decided to pick up the way of attorney again? I thought he decided to just take care of Apollo and his foster daughter, but then again my memory of Apollo justice is very hazy :P.

I think as well that it's a unfortunate that the makers decided to not give Apollo a second chance. I know at least from the gamefaqs board that Apollo and the rather friendly/cooperative relation to Klavier wasn't received very positively, although I liked this kind of approach =/.

Be it as it is, let's wait for more information. If a miracle happens maye we'll get to see Iris again *awww*
At the end of the game during the credits He himself said he was thinking about taking the bar again, he made it seem like he was kidding. But nope he was serious it seems.

Still YES!! Phoenix is back baby!!!
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:27   Link #7
VDZ

Is that cel-shaded 3D I see there?

Cel-shaded 3D in visual novels never matches up to genuine sprites. I'm afraid we might have to say goodbye to the awesome Phoenix Wright sprites.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:10   Link #8
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I've heard they're going to release it in the west too...

...I guess it's time to buy a 3ds ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 22:47   Link #9
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Cel-shaded 3D in visual novels never matches up to genuine sprites. I'm afraid we might have to say goodbye to the awesome Phoenix Wright sprites.
Yeah, that part saddens me. Especially since they're trying waaaay too hard to emulate Phoenix's original expressions and it just comes off as a pale imitation.

3D Payne might be a show-stealer though. Dramatic close-up hair flick would be so cash.
Old 2012-09-05, 23:43   Link #10
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
If it's true that we're replacing sprites with 3D models, I'll be alittle sad... I've always prefered sprites... but I guess it'll match Layton vs Attorney~ (still waiting on that one)

I doooooo wonder if Oldbag is still aroudn at this point~
Old 2012-09-06, 00:39   Link #11
JohnNiles

Oldbag will never die, whippersnapper!
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 02:10   Link #12
com_gwp

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Looking some of these new screenshots, I'm going to have to go against the general opinion here and say that I'm really liking the way the 3D graphics are turning out. They did a very good job matching the sprite art.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 02:45   Link #13
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's kinda strange to see Phoenix still acting all that goofy during the court after what happened in AJ now let's see if this Payne will also lose his hair after the first case against Phoenix...

Old 2012-09-06, 03:11   Link #14
Sides

Pocketgamer reports that capcom will be releasing information on an oversea release soon. Source: pocketgamer.co.uk
Hopefully the release gap between japan and overseas release will be shorter this time around.

Official japanese HP: http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

Last edited by Sides; 2012-09-06 at 03:21.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 04:51   Link #15
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
It's kinda strange to see Phoenix still acting all that goofy during the court after what happened in AJ now let's see if this Payne will also lose his hair after the first case against Phoenix...
Bare in mind Phoenix is a born again virgin when it comes to ACTUALLY being a lawyer in court. It's been 8 years after all.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 05:09   Link #16
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I was not prepared for this. AA5 AND Layton VS. Phoenix? I don't care how, but I must play these.
Old 2012-09-06, 07:57   Link #17
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Actually, according to the sources, thats Payne's younger brother.
Old 2012-09-06, 10:01   Link #18
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Pocketgamer reports that capcom will be releasing information on an oversea release soon. Source: pocketgamer.co.uk
Hopefully the release gap between japan and overseas release will be shorter this time around.

Official japanese HP: http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/
Good stuff, good stuff.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 10:23   Link #19
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
ctually, according to the sources, thats Payne's younger brother.
That's why I said this Payne since I don't know his name yet

Quote:
Bare in mind Phoenix is a born again virgin when it comes to ACTUALLY being a lawyer in court. It's been 8 years after all.
Seeing how he's still awesome back in AJ where he helped Apollo during the first case...well, it's still seems strange to me

Old 2012-09-06, 10:24   Link #20
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
*Pops in just for a sec to get some breather*

Finally! <O>_<O> Had been a long time since I waited for any news about Gyakuten Saiban 5, and thankfully Cashcowpcom is not giving this the Megaman treatment yet... ;w;

3D models and lack of previous series' characters (including Apollo--as much as I LOVE to play as Nick again, I really want Apollo to make a major reappearance... Hopefully he will be important in the overall story!) aside, the new system fascinates me more to be honest. Seems like it will be more challenging than just "object at contradictions" with how there are 4 ways to dissect the cross examinations, indicated by the emoticons! \o/ <- This is just a guess work by the way, but I'm fairly sure that's how the system will work this time

And now to get a 3DS sooner or later... Anytime its localization dates as well as FE Awakening's are set, though. Region Lock DAMN YOU.

Quote:
That's why I said this Payne since I don't know his name yet
We'll have to wait for the localization to know his name wwww

(Trivia: The Japanese name is soooooo lazy in determining the little bro given name. Just the kanji reverse of the big bro's name. )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote