AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-07, 23:13   Link #1781
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Man...is it difficult to find posts again in this thread!

Someone made a comment about how the intensity/strength of the Void power seems to be affected by Shu's mental state because that last shot of his with Kenji's Void had such a huge effect? I agree with the poster who replied that it was because he'd only been aiming at the mechs before that - the last bit had him aiming for the water in the fountain and possibly the air that Inori was falling through. How that works...no idea.

----

On Kaji Yuuki:
what, Western viewers hate Durarara's Yumasaki too? (though @Kaoishin, I essentially agree with you about that other voice actor's crying *shudders*. I still hate Gundam SEED episode 46 with a passion.)

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- I'm probably the only person in this forum who dislikes Gai. I like flawed people. Gai is too perfect. He is a great fighter. He is somewhat charismatic(to the people in this show). He can pull off different suits. He looks even better in glasses and with a little facial hair. His hair is very malleable. Too perfect. No, I wouldn't rather have him as a protagonist.
The major flaw that I can see at this point being that he's too arrogant - e.g. he expected Shuu to just do whatever he was told. I can see that coming back to bite him once again.

Quote:
- Why do I have a feeling the whole Inori going against Gai's orders thing is actually planned out by Gai himself. He might've known that the GHQ guys might try to brainwash Shu. Gai should also know that Shu seems to have a soft spot for Inori.
Hm...unless only Inori and Gai were in on the plan, I highly doubt it. His communications with his other subordinates after Shuu left the room suggest that they knew nothing of any such plan. Of course, Gai still could have expected it and made his own plans accordingly whilst telling no one...

Quote:
- In the ED Shu showed us he can moonwalk. I like him better than Gaii already.
LOL. The background is also moving though.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 00:00   Link #1782
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
MrTerrorist, the way you worded that made me actually think of something. This might turn out to be an episodic yet progressing anime (unique to me atleast) with what void will come next! To keep people around for more OST deafening, and breaking the laws of physics even further then they have already.

Kudos to you.
Rule of Cool trumps physics

Also: When does the OST or at least the full OP single come out?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 00:33   Link #1783
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Rule of Cool trumps physics

Also: When does the OST or at least the full OP single come out?
"My Dearest" will come out on 23 November while "Departures" will come out on 30 November.

Still no word on the OST.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:36   Link #1784
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

On Kaji Yuuki:
what, Western viewers hate Durarara's Yumasaki too? (though @Kaoishin, I essentially agree with you about that other voice actor's crying *shudders*. I still hate Gundam SEED episode 46 with a passion.)
What? Why are we talking about Walker (I refuse to call him by that last name of his) in a Guilty Crown thread? And who hates him? He's awesome.

Quote:
I'm probably the only person in this forum who dislikes Gai. I like flawed people. Gai is too perfect. He is a great fighter. He is somewhat charismatic(to the people in this show). He can pull off different suits. He looks even better in glasses and with a little facial hair. His hair is very malleable. Too perfect. No, I wouldn't rather have him as a protagonist.
When I said I don't like any of the characters, that includes Gai. He doesn't have much of a character either (though more than the two boredoms we know), he looks way too adultish for a seventeen-year old, and when is someone going to recognize him on the streets? I'm still really baffled how Shu could recognize him, yet none of the bad guys (unless they let him in on purpose) could see through that lame disguise. What a load!

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 00:54   Link #1785
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
What? Why are we talking about Walker (I refuse to call him by that last name of his) in a Guilty Crown thread? And who hates him? He's awesome.
There was a discussion about 8 pages ago on how people really don't like Kaji Yuuki characters, with Shuu being the next in the shooting line... But I found it really difficult to believe that Walker could be hated by even a large minority of those who've seen Durarara!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I'm still really baffled how Shu could recognize him, yet none of the bad guys (unless they let him in on purpose) could see through that lame disguise. What a load!
Maybe it was the voice. That's how most fans (who realised it) recognised him before Shuu blurted it out.

Or more likely, the eyes.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:27   Link #1786
maplehurry

maybe this person is Gai too ?

maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:35   Link #1787
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. She's obviously Gai's sister. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:37   Link #1788
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
There was a discussion about 8 pages ago on how people really don't like Kaji Yuuki characters, with Shuu being the next in the shooting line... But I found it really difficult to believe that Walker could be hated by even a large minority of those who've seen Durarara!!
Well, there's always exceptions. I just think the more annoying examples just stand out.

Plus Durarara was on the really ridiculous side too.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 11:42   Link #1789
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, there's always exceptions. I just think the more annoying examples just stand out.

Plus Durarara was on the really ridiculous side too.
I did enjoy Walker but his part was pretty small in Drrr.

I am not really a fan of Kaji Yuuki's voice in general though or he just isn't a seiyuu I really care much about. Maybe he just hasn't played a character I really loved yet.
Old 2011-11-08, 13:41   Link #1790
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Hmm, this anime has a very interesting plot.

it's hard to determine who's the good guys and who the bad.

On one side you have the people who are trying to cure extremely sick people but at the same time kill people for being an unregistered citizen.

On the other side you have a group that are trying to free a murderer and interfere with the curing, but at the same time are defending the people who are being killed by the other group.

I can't help but feel a huge mess is going to happen at the end where Shu eliminates both groups, not by killing everyone, but exposing their secrets and destroying their bases, equipment etc since both groups seem to be causing trouble for one another.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 13:53   Link #1791
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
maybe this person is Gai too ?

Did she make an appearance yet? I can't remember.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 15:23   Link #1792
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Did she make an appearance yet? I can't remember.
Never saw her...
Old 2011-11-08, 15:37   Link #1793
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Nope, not yet. I hope it's soon, though.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:26   Link #1794
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Hmm, this anime has a very interesting plot.

it's hard to determine who's the good guys and who the bad.

On one side you have the people who are trying to cure extremely sick people but at the same time kill people for being an unregistered citizen.

On the other side you have a group that are trying to free a murderer and interfere with the curing, but at the same time are defending the people who are being killed by the other group.

I can't help but feel a huge mess is going to happen at the end where Shu eliminates both groups, not by killing everyone, but exposing their secrets and destroying their bases, equipment etc since both groups seem to be causing trouble for one another.
Funny you say this because most on this form seem to think that the show is far too black and white when it comes to the Funeral Parlor and GHQ. However, I agree with you that who holds the moral high ground in this show is not so clear cut.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 16:39   Link #1795
tsunade666

About Yahiro. It looks like GHQ knew he was a drug dealer before he even sell out Shu. So why does the GHQ letting a drug circulate around? is it not illegal? So I was facepalm when Segai told the story about Yahiro. It means they knew his a drug dealer and letting him escape or letting him escape is one of the benefits given to him by GHQ for selling out Shu.
Old 2011-11-08, 20:52   Link #1796
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I do become frustrated, because I'm so easily fooled to believe anything thrown at my face. Last week, I was cursing Yahiro for selling out Shu towards the conclusion of the third episode, but his motives for doing so were revealed in the fourth.
Spoiler:

And, to conclude, I lmao watching Inori screaming out aloud for and jumping down at Shuu, while Shuu reciprocate reaching for Inori as well. I mean those scenes were too hastily campy, if I don't mind to say corny.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 20:54   Link #1797
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Funny you say this because most on this form seem to think that the show is far too black and white when it comes to the Funeral Parlor and GHQ. However, I agree with you that who holds the moral high ground in this show is not so clear cut.
That's because everyone already hold the prejudice that the ghq is somehow responsible for the virus conspiracy theory, that's why the thought of ghq curing people for the sake of kindness never even cross their mind. Although, the first 2 episodes certainly didn't help ghq's image and I wouldn't be that surprised if they is responsible for the virus outbreak.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 21:06   Link #1798
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What we can conclude from episode 4 is that Shuu is now doubting Gai and his motives against GHQ. Which might lead him to use the tracker or not (or was it something else?), after the initial episode 1-2 battle, it sorta gave Shuu a bad viewpoint of GHQ. But after episode 4, this viewpoint was altered by Gai wanting to free a mass murderer. He might even feel left out that he was not being saved (well he was going to be freed anyway but in a subtle way) it still could bring down some trust.

But it's clearly decided that Shuu will take the side of Funeral Parlor since GHQ will simply "throw the trash away once used". Now if GHQ is not a backstabbing organization, they can express their good will on Shuu to give him a better light when looking in that direction instead of "Oh look I got what I want, now you can go die".

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-11-08 at 21:45.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 21:48   Link #1799
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I watched ep4 again and went to Funimation's site for Guilty Crown and realize something about the Apocalypse Virus.
Spoiler for Apocalypse Virus:
Old 2011-11-08, 22:08   Link #1800
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I watched ep4 again and went to Funimation's site for Guilty Crown and realize something about the Apocalypse Virus.
Spoiler for Apocalypse Virus:
Thank you for sharing that tidbit of information.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig