AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 22:27   Link #281
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

this chapter had a lot slice of life,graduation episodes always are, in the end she was the last one to leave
she has two year left now
Old 2013-03-22, 21:51   Link #282
Diveman

new chapter:

Spoiler:
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 07:15   Link #283
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
new chapter:

Spoiler:
OFC WON'T STOP... I couldn't stop laughing lol

Last edited by Bombo; 2013-03-23 at 15:11. Reason: Changing Font Color.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 10:34   Link #284
Utsuro no Hako

I guess this chapter explains why Tomoko always wears a long skirt.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 01:27   Link #285
Utsuro no Hako

So, latest chapter of the spinoff -- all I can say is, wow, Tomoko is a bitch.
Old 2013-03-28, 06:07   Link #286
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So, latest chapter of the spinoff -- all I can say is, wow, Tomoko is a bitch.
Really...you just noticed this now? It's been shown several times that she's a real selfish and self-centred bitch and that she kinda deserves many of the bad things that happen.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 06:25   Link #287
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Really...you just noticed this now? It's been shown several times that she's a real selfish and self-centred bitch and that she kinda deserves many of the bad things that happen.
What she is is a male harem protag in a female body... that's all I can see it as.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 06:43   Link #288
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
What she is is a male harem protag in a female body... that's all I can see it as.
Not even in the least, male harem protags are usually nice and unselfish people that worry about others even if they are a bit awkward (just look at Rito from To-Love-Ru for example) and even the more pervy ones are also good at heart. Tomoko has been shown to be incredibly selfish and self-centred, she only really cares about others when it affects her or how people look at her. A good example was when she forgot to mail her brother's application, when she was found out she tried to make up for it but not because she felt sorry for it as was evident the moment he told her it was al right and she turned bitchy again.

She is really nothing like most (if not all) male harem protags.
Old 2013-03-28, 07:24   Link #289
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Not even in the least, male harem protags are usually nice and unselfish people that worry about others even if they are a bit awkward (just look at Rito from To-Love-Ru for example) and even the more pervy ones are also good at heart. Tomoko has been shown to be incredibly selfish and self-centred, she only really cares about others when it affects her or how people look at her. A good example was when she forgot to mail her brother's application, when she was found out she tried to make up for it but not because she felt sorry for it as was evident the moment he told her it was al right and she turned bitchy again.

She is really nothing like most (if not all) male harem protags.
If you take Shinji Haruyuki Utsumi and many others and take away the character growth just going with what you have at the beginning of the series and stuff them in a girl... you'd get something like Tomoko. Yes most of those characters grew into something much better (except shinji imo) but at the beginning they were all self centered loseres that blamed most of their problems on the world around them. I just see Tomoko as having all of the worst problems of a harem protagonist piled into one female character.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 08:31   Link #290
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
If you take Shinji Haruyuki Utsumi and many others and take away the character growth just going with what you have at the beginning of the series and stuff them in a girl... you'd get something like Tomoko. Yes most of those characters grew into something much better (except shinji imo) but at the beginning they were all self centered loseres that blamed most of their problems on the world around them. I just see Tomoko as having all of the worst problems of a harem protagonist piled into one female character.
Utsumi is a very kind person even since the beginning, he worries quite a bit about others.
Haruyuki was the type to worry about others but not get involved due to being awkward.
Shinji...isn't even a harem protag...and it's freaking Evangelion for God's sakes...

Any more examples of harem protags that start out selfish and self-centred?
Mind you I said "most (if not all)" meaning there might be exceptions but they are so rare that's not a trait you can apply to the term Harem Protag.
Old 2013-03-28, 08:40   Link #291
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
I don't recall her ever trying to humiliate anyone like she does Komiyama here.
Old 2013-03-28, 09:09   Link #292
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I don't recall her ever trying to humiliate anyone like she does Komiyama here.
I don't think her intention was to directly humiliate anyone, rather she just wanted to preserve her image.
Old 2013-03-30, 19:06   Link #293
APNki

Yen Press picked up the english license for the manga: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...m-hearts-manga
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 21:36   Link #294
Utsuro no Hako

Why does ANN insist upon calling it, "No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!" Do they just want to be literal? Do they not want to endorse piracy by using the scanlation title? Either way, there are better ways to do it than "You Guys' Fault," which isn't even proper English.
Old 2013-03-31, 14:07   Link #295
kagato3

Quote:
Any more examples of harem protags that start out selfish and self-centred?
Mind you I said "most (if not all)" meaning there might be exceptions but they are so rare that's not a trait you can apply to the term Harem Protag.
Keima of TWGOK: and he still is for the most part. Granted he doesn't want to be a harem lead ... unless it is in games.

Ataru of Urusei Yatsura: technicly a harem lead with almost no redeming qualities.

Ranma of Ranma 1/2: prideful jerk.

the Protag of pretty much any of the animated works of overflow (summer days, school days, ect): well you know how well those end.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-03-31 at 14:18.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 17:08   Link #296
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Keima of TWGOK: and he still is for the most part. Granted he doesn't want to be a harem lead ... unless it is in games.

Ataru of Urusei Yatsura: technicly a harem lead with almost no redeming qualities.

Ranma of Ranma 1/2: prideful jerk.

the Protag of pretty much any of the animated works of overflow (summer days, school days, ect): well you know how well those end.
Keima, like you said, didn't want to be a harem lead...plus if he saw someone in real trouble he'd help out.

Ataru...I'll give you that one...

Ranma's a cocky prick...but he's a good prick at heart.

School Days is based on a VN...the anime gave one version (and actually mixed in like 3 of the bad endings in 1) but in the VN many versions of Makoto aren't that bad and some of the situations he's put on aren't easy to handle.

Fact of the matter is, Harem protags that are purely selfish and self-centred with no redeeming features (like Tomoko) are in the extreme minority.
Old 2013-04-05, 23:25   Link #297
Utsuro no Hako

I'm not sure how I feel about chapter 39 -- it's either a major advancement for Mokocchi, or the most embarrassing thing she's done yet. And quite possibly it's both at the same time.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:06   Link #298
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about chapter 39 -- it's either a major advancement for Mokocchi, or the most embarrassing thing she's done yet. And quite possibly it's both at the same time.
Come on now, she's done more embarrassing things...not things that many people witnessed but still.
Old 2013-04-06, 12:01   Link #299
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Chapter 40 man...so much cringe. At least she met someone?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 12:05   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter 39 was so embarassing it was almost hard to read.

Tags
comedy, slice of life, yuri