AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2023-08-19, 01:09   Link #4681
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
I knew everyone is at the discord now but I thought you would be too busy having your own discussions there to mind ours.
Debates occurred alongside the points brought up here. Since this is a public forum, its hard to ignore a back and forth debate after all.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 13:13   Link #4682
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree with you guys about how it makes no sense for Rio to not have asked Sora about himself or the divine war. For how much he's been shown to be the curious type with so many questions, he sure didn't ask anything. It also just seems out of character now that I think of it.

I'll also say this: The Six Wise Gods seemed like idiots, despite how smart they're supposed to be, for what they did to the Six Great Spirits and how they've now got them pissed off at Lina (and, by extension, Miharu) when she's much better than them and even tried to stop them.

But yeah, we don't know much about that, so I won't say anything more.
Old 2023-10-12, 19:00   Link #4683
Xan2341

The publisher HJ has confirmed volume 25 will be released this winter. So most likely February 2024.
Old 2023-10-13, 07:54   Link #4684
tsunade666

Next year..... ugh, the waiting is long plus the current arc is super irritating. I lost interest in reading it.
Old 2023-10-18, 13:55   Link #4685
shadowarc

They should be called "The Six Wise Gods (lol)" because they're obviously idiots considering what we know happened.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-30, 01:10   Link #4686
jagt

Bookwalker listed today HJ Bunko's books for the 28th of December and Seirei Gensouki wasn't among them, with this it's official that we aren't getting the volume 25 before the 1st of February.
Old 2023-12-03, 17:07   Link #4687
Snowbold

Bummer. But better to write it well than just push them out as fast as possible...
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 04:51   Link #4688
ivaannom
性欲の権化

SS Illustration

Old 2023-12-21, 10:44   Link #4689
tsunade666

Who is in that illustration?

any news for when is the next volume?
Old 2023-12-21, 10:54   Link #4690
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Who is in that illustration?

any news for when is the next volume?
Image is of Flora. Retail sites are listing it for a February 2024 release. There is still some ambiguity if it will release on the 1st or the 5th of that month. Kobo, e-hon, etc list it for the 5th.
Old 2023-12-22, 04:20   Link #4691
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Vol 25 Cover

And HOLY CHRISTMAS CHRISTINA

Last edited by ivaannom; 2023-12-25 at 04:17.
ivaannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-26, 09:06   Link #4692
tsunade666

wall scroll or event in the new volume? Haruto showing up? I hope that annoying memory block would be dealt with during this volume.

..... february next year >_>
Old 2023-12-27, 13:59   Link #4693
hihoperorin

Comment 1:
- Thx for keeping us updated.
It's been so long, guess I'll dish out a baseless theory so that someone roasts me to jog my memory.
Where were we again, Lina (possibly) took over Miharu's body. Iirc the voice(s) that talk to Miharu talked in 2 different ways of speaking, so that makes them 1 of 3 things i guess: 1/ two different people. 2/ same person purposefully changing their way of talking. 3/ same person with a split personality, or same being split into 2.

Whichever the case, I believe vol 24 made it almost certain that Lina is talking to Miharu, has plans for the girl and possessed her at the end of the vol.

Then there is the voice that talked to Celia, as per Rio's deductions, this couldn't be Lina cuz the voice said that "it was a success" after giving Celia some powers, so they're watching live, and the manner in which they talk is different from the voices with Miharu iirc (weak evidence). I guess this could be Lina's familiar. Would make sense as the power Celia received is that of a wg familiar.

It might also be Lina's familiar that was watching in vol 3 epilogue, since iirc again, the voice reacted when it saw Rio and talked about the repeating cycle or war and whatnot, the only people that should be able to see vol3 Rio and react in some way are the sealed 6 gs, the dead Lina who can see the future and possibly has a way to share what she sees with her familiar without serious repercussions to the futures, or a 3rd party that hasn't been introduced fully yet.

Comment 2:
- Is nobody interested in what I wrote, or is it that literally everyone moved to discord?

Comment 3:
- well, guess the time has come to show off my one man conversationalist skills

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2024-01-03 at 11:58.
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 14:22   Link #4694
jagt

Quote:
Comment 2:
- Is nobody interested in what I wrote, or is it that literally everyone moved to discord?
Rather than disinterest I think we all thought at the same time "let's let some other guy correct him". The discord centainly keeps receiving new users but the majority are inactive accounts or just lurkers, I think right now there aren't even twenty guys actually commenting on things everyday.
Quote:
Comment 3:
- well, guess the time has come to show off my one man conversationalist skills
Also, if you just edit your old comment we won't get any notification about the thread receiving updates even if we are subscribed to it, so nothing will make us check what is new here. When it has already been sometime since your last post it won't be considered as double posting even if you post two times in a row.
Quote:
- Thx for keeping us updated.
It's been so long, guess I'll dish out a baseless theory so that someone roasts me to jog my memory.
Where were we again, Lina (possibly) took over Miharu's body. Iirc the voice(s) that talk to Miharu talked in 2 different ways of speaking, so that makes them 1 of 3 things i guess: 1/ two different people. 2/ same person purposefully changing their way of talking. 3/ same person with a split personality, or same being split into 2.

Whichever the case, I believe vol 24 made it almost certain that Lina is talking to Miharu, has plans for the girl and possessed her at the end of the vol.

Then there is the voice that talked to Celia, as per Rio's deductions, this couldn't be Lina cuz the voice said that "it was a success" after giving Celia some powers, so they're watching live, and the manner in which they talk is different from the voices with Miharu iirc (weak evidence). I guess this could be Lina's familiar. Would make sense as the power Celia received is that of a wg familiar.

It might also be Lina's familiar that was watching in vol 3 epilogue, since iirc again, the voice reacted when it saw Rio and talked about the repeating cycle or war and whatnot, the only people that should be able to see vol3 Rio and react in some way are the sealed 6 gs, the dead Lina who can see the future and possibly has a way to share what she sees with her familiar without serious repercussions to the futures, or a 3rd party that hasn't been introduced fully yet.
If you begin the post calling your theory baseless yourself you don't make us feel like taking you seriously to begin with either.
No person would change their speech patterns after the third talk without the need to pretend they are someone different, the voice that told Miharu to not remember yet two times has no such need, the first voice didn't make it so Miharu wouldn't remember her so she would have realized it in her first dream if she was being talked to by the same voice.
I think Miharu is being possessed by the person that talked to her on her dreams but I don't think she is Lina, Lina is death so of course she can't keep an eye on things on real time to try to guide Miharu or stay on her toes for the right moment to posses her.

There is no material on which to base a response to the last two sentences, but I don't think the great spirit are really able to observe anything, in volume 20 the earth's great spirit didn't seem precisely updated on the latest state of affairs.
Old 2024-01-06, 16:07   Link #4695
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The Great Spirits are trapped inside their respective Armaments, so I don't think they can watch the events in real time. As Jagt just pointed out, the Earth Spirit not being updated on current events tells us as much too.

And yeah, Lina's dead. She could see the future and probably had a few contingency plans, but she can't interfere in real time either. I'm not sure about a familiar of hers because they should be dead by now too, and Celia is a descendent of the homunculus familiar who long since passed away too.

I also think it'd be great if the memory issue is resolved in this volume. Though Rio being on the cover isn't proof enough of that.
Old 2024-01-08, 14:08   Link #4696
hihoperorin

Quote:
Rather than disinterest I think we all thought at the same time "let's let some other guy correct him". The discord centainly keeps receiving new users but the majority are inactive accounts or just lurkers, I think right now there aren't even twenty guys actually commenting on things everyday.

Also, if you just edit your old comment we won't get any notification about the thread receiving updates even if we are subscribed to it, so nothing will make us check what is new here. When it has already been sometime since your last post it won't be considered as double posting even if you post two times in a row.
Didn't know that one, thx

Quote:
If you begin the post calling your theory baseless yourself you don't make us feel like taking you seriously to begin with either.
Well the point was for me to say something completely off base then for someone to come and refresh my memory. Your words are sound though.

Quote:
No person would change their speech patterns after the third talk without the need to pretend they are someone different, the voice that told Miharu to not remember yet two times has no such need, the first voice didn't make it so Miharu wouldn't remember her so she would have realized it in her first dream if she was being talked to by the same voice.
I think Miharu is being possessed by the person that talked to her on her dreams but I don't think she is Lina, Lina is death so of course she can't keep an eye on things on real time to try to guide Miharu or stay on her toes for the right moment to posses her.

There is no material on which to base a response to the last two sentences, but I don't think the great spirit are really able to observe anything, in volume 20 the earth's great spirit didn't seem precisely updated on the latest state of affairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The Great Spirits are trapped inside their respective Armaments, so I don't think they can watch the events in real time. As Jagt just pointed out, the Earth Spirit not being updated on current events tells us as much too.

And yeah, Lina's dead. She could see the future and probably had a few contingency plans, but she can't interfere in real time either. I'm not sure about a familiar of hers because they should be dead by now too, and Celia is a descendent of the homunculus familiar who long since passed away too.

I also think it'd be great if the memory issue is resolved in this volume. Though Rio being on the cover isn't proof enough of that.
I think you 2 might be misunderstanding me, my point was that the only people who could recognize Rio as the dragon king are Lina and the 6 great spirits. And that since Lina is dead and the six great spirits are jailed, it couldn't be any of those seven. Then who was it? The nature of Lina's powers of future sight, makes the sole viable possibility somebody Lina gave some special memories (as knowledge) or described Rio to or whatever. Then again, this assumption falls apart once the author introduces a new character with some power or circumstances that makes them a viable possibility. About the great spirits, even if they could observe, which is a stretch, how would they be outside talking normally.

Btw I'm not sure Lina's familiar is alive, but nor can we say she's dead either, I mean Ryuou was dead, yet Sora kept her immortality. But wait, wasn't there something about the familiar following Lina into battle, I'm not sure, regardless, it could go either way.

On progress, I think we can all expect Kitayama to deliver on this volume and be actually hopeful. My basis for that is Kitayama's words about a turning point and actual substantial development, why would the author make such a promise and then not deliver. Now I suppose with the recent trend in vols and events, a reader wouldn't hold their breath and expect much, thinking that at most Miharu might regain her memories, or Rio would have a small breakthroughs with the rules. I believe it's impossible for the changes of vol 25 to be limited to that. Since in vol 22, Celia regained her memories, yet Kitayama didn't make a big deal out of it and call it an important or big turning point, nor did he call Rio receiving the masks that.

I believe ultra optimistically that we can expect something along the lines of Miharu (possessed) returns Rio to a state of being recognized by the world as a normal mortal as long as he doesn't use extinction/annihilation, then Rio assimilates with Aishia and fights Reiss and the golems, finally, as he is now bounded or whatever you'd call it, all the girls will remember Rio. We mght event get Rio regaining some of his dragon trait or so.
Old 2024-01-08, 21:55   Link #4697
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoperorin View Post
Didn't know that one, thx

On progress, I think we can all expect Kitayama to deliver on this volume and be actually hopeful. My basis for that is Kitayama's words about a turning point and actual substantial development, why would the author make such a promise and then not deliver. Now I suppose with the recent trend in vols and events, a reader wouldn't hold their breath and expect much, thinking that at most Miharu might regain her memories, or Rio would have a small breakthroughs with the rules. I believe it's impossible for the changes of vol 25 to be limited to that. Since in vol 22, Celia regained her memories, yet Kitayama didn't make a big deal out of it and call it an important or big turning point, nor did he call Rio receiving the masks that.

I believe ultra optimistically that we can expect something along the lines of Miharu (possessed) returns Rio to a state of being recognized by the world as a normal mortal as long as he doesn't use extinction/annihilation, then Rio assimilates with Aishia and fights Reiss and the golems, finally, as he is now bounded or whatever you'd call it, all the girls will remember Rio. We mght event get Rio regaining some of his dragon trait or so.
One piece of information that was discussed on the discord is during the last fanclub Q&A session for 2023, someone asked the author his most memorable scenes with his works. He mentioned end of volume 5, volume 10, volume 20 and he teased he thinks he did a good job with 25. That, plus the long afterword section of volume 24, I think something plot wise is going to give this volume with our main character and the rules.

I agree if rules are still going to be a thing then Rio will need to be bound. Not sure what that entails. Though playing devils advocate, if rules remain this volume, then we really need to focus on Rio and the transcendents and not on Celia, the girls and heroes. When you think about it, Rio went away in vol 22 to learn about the rules and transcendents. However he pretty much came back empty handed. Reiss and Elle received more information from his visit than he did. Though you can argue Reiss and Elle learning Rio was the dragon king and lina is most likely behind him as a win for Rio's side, as Reiss decided in volume 24 to slow down their plan's execution due to Lina's involvement, but otherwise not much was gained from Rio's side. Knowing this not sure both Lina and the author want Rio returning to everyone yet.

I'll settle for the girls remembering for now if nothing else.
Old 2024-01-09, 16:36   Link #4698
jagt

I told this on the discord server too. I think the rules disappearing or not depend on them having fulfilled their role or not. What was the rules' role then? To create a sense of danger, now that Rio can assimilate with Aisia and that even without assmilating is stronger than before nothing can be a physical danger to him anymore, that's why we needed the danger of Rio losing his memories in exchange of that. Once the rules' role as the danger to Rio is done they should disappear and right now we have already plenty of next danger candidates in the form of the unbound Fenris, whatever Elle and Fenris are cooking in the dungeon, the need to bring Takahisa back and the mysterious person talking to Miharu on her dreams. I think the need of having the rules keep serving as the danger for Rio is over so for the time being I'm hopeful about their disappearance.
Old 2024-01-12, 02:33   Link #4699
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
One piece of information that was discussed on the discord is during the last fanclub Q&A session for 2023, someone asked the author his most memorable scenes with his works. He mentioned end of volume 5, volume 10, volume 20 and he teased he thinks he did a good job with 25. That, plus the long afterword section of volume 24, I think something plot wise is going to give this volume with our main character and the rules.

I agree if rules are still going to be a thing then Rio will need to be bound. Not sure what that entails. Though playing devils advocate, if rules remain this volume, then we really need to focus on Rio and the transcendents and not on Celia, the girls and heroes. When you think about it, Rio went away in vol 22 to learn about the rules and transcendents. However he pretty much came back empty handed. Reiss and Elle received more information from his visit than he did. Though you can argue Reiss and Elle learning Rio was the dragon king and lina is most likely behind him as a win for Rio's side, as Reiss decided in volume 24 to slow down their plan's execution due to Lina's involvement, but otherwise not much was gained from Rio's side. Knowing this not sure both Lina and the author want Rio returning to everyone yet.

I'll settle for the girls remembering for now if nothing else.
I'm calling it, vol 25 is gonna end with all the girls surrounding Rio and saying something like welcome back our hero, probably Sora and Aishia too. Since the synopsis starts with "we surely know that person", maybe Lina would do something that joggles their memories but requires the desire to remember and some effort, then the girls spend the vol trying to remember, finally they're looking at his back in a trance or something, then they remember around the fight's end.

Quote:
I told this on the discord server too. I think the rules disappearing or not depend on them having fulfilled their role or not. What was the rules' role then? To create a sense of danger, now that Rio can assimilate with Aisia and that even without assmilating is stronger than before nothing can be a physical danger to him anymore, that's why we needed the danger of Rio losing his memories in exchange of that. Once the rules' role as the danger to Rio is done they should disappear and right now we have already plenty of next danger candidates in the form of the unbound Fenris, whatever Elle and Fenris are cooking in the dungeon, the need to bring Takahisa back and the mysterious person talking to Miharu on her dreams. I think the need of having the rules keep serving as the danger for Rio is over so for the time being I'm hopeful about their disappearance.
I think people take Reiss and L's words too seriously. It's not that they're that strong, it's that they think they are. Of course, that doesn't mean they are wrong. Then again, this is the same Reiss that was astonished when Rio fought equally with the earth beast in vol 18, that admitted he had underestimated the girls in vol 19. If anything, when it comes to fighting, he kind of has a small track record of underestimating the other side, overestimating his or maybe a mix of both. In fact, there has almost never been a time when Reiss accomplished real success in a military operation. Given how good at maneuvering behind the scenes and collection info he is, I can give him the first time when Rio thwarted him at the end of vol 6, but the rest attest to his lack of understanding of matters of war and battle. That being the case, I'm hard pressed to find a reason to take his words at face value. Well, whichever way it is, the golem fight should make it clear. if the golems pose a real threat to Rio then there is credit to their (Reiss and L) claim of being able to kill him in the dungeon. Otherwise, their assessment is simply born of their understanding of the current Rio/ dragon king, as they should probably think:

1/ He is fully subjected to the rules, so can't really fight in most situations.
2/ he is stuck to a human body + doesn't have his dragon body, so can't use annihilation + can't nullify/reflect mana based attacks + doesn't have nearly a shadow of his former physical might or spirit arts throughput.

They don't know the current him or how he would fight. Mainly one point: assimilation, this was most assuredly Lina and Ryuou's trump card to the current him. It lets him use annihilation, probably reclaim his dragon body the more he uses it, gain more or less immortality and probably much stronger spirit arts when in use. Current Rio is a literal nightmare to anything that tries to kill him, since self defense is legit by the rules. Of course Aisha wasn't there in the dungeon, but iirc Reiss didn't even seem to care about her presence, indicating he thinks it's all the same, so I'm talking as if she was there.

I believe the rules will go as you said, but they're too strong to be completely gone, as I said earlier, I think Rio will become unaffected by the rules but if he uses annihilation he will be subject to them again, as in, pre-vol 20 battle. This also heightens the danger level of strong enemies including Reiss and L I suppose.

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2024-01-12 at 02:54.
Old 2024-01-12, 02:51   Link #4700
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoperorin View Post
I'm calling it, vol 25 is gonna end with all the girls surrounding Rio and saying something like welcome back our hero, probably Sora and Aishia too. Since the synopsis starts with "we surely know that person", maybe Lina would do something that joggles their memories but requires the desire to remember and some effort, then the girls spend the vol trying to remember, finally they're looking at his back in a trance or something, then they remember around the fight's end.
I am expecting a similar pace to vol 19. Probably the first half of the volume is going to be those in Galarc trying different tactics against the situation, struggling and hitting their limits. Probably also a chapter of the heroes going all out (we did have 3 volumes of their training arcs). Rio probably won't come in until the second half and things wrap up, the plot drop occurs near the end to bait the readers for another 6 month wait.

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai