AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-10, 21:44   Link #2021
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Didn't Kamachi say that out of any of his characters, he would chose Mikoto as his friend?

And Orsola as a wife too if I recall
And Index as his lover, but what's your point ?

...Hmmm, in the off chance you're getting the wrong idea-- we're not talking about Kamachi.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:50   Link #2022
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's the kind of thinking that would get us flak; suddenly people can't have opinions about who they like? And from there you draw the conclusion that somehow he conspired in the making of the Railgun anime to what it is today?

If he really likes Mikoto then fine, it's not like he's throwing mud at other characters.
I don't care about opinions really. Some fans would worship her saying she's the only good thing in the show/series/fleshed out character/powerful/cares about her friends/ blah blah blah while talking down about every other character with false info.

Some people used exaggerate her as one of the most powerful people in the series and exaggerate what she can do when she is only low mid tier.
Old 2011-07-10, 22:03   Link #2023
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I don't care about opinions really. Some fans would worship her saying she's the only good thing in the show/series/fleshed out character/powerful/cares about her friends/ blah blah blah while talking down about every other character with false info.

Some people used exaggerate her as one of the most powerful people in the series and exaggerate what she can do when she is only low mid tier.
Fine whatever go give them Hell, but don't start taking it out on people that just "likes daily related stuff with Mikoto".
Old 2011-07-10, 22:28   Link #2024
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Its more of the fact when he says Mikoto us Dengeki Bunkos heroine I am under the impression it is her herself the thing saving Dengeki Bunko. Which makes me think he think everything besides her in the novels is small time.
Old 2011-07-10, 22:41   Link #2025
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Its more of the fact when he says Mikoto us Dengeki Bunkos heroine I am under the impression it is her herself the thing saving Dengeki Bunko. Which makes me think he think everything besides her in the novels is small time.
I don't think Dengeki Bunko is in need of any saving at the moment. Between Durarara, SAO, OrenoImo and KamiMemo, there's enough big names to go around.

More likely, he was referring to her as the female face for Dengeki Bunko, someone's got to replace Shana who is nearing the end of her rope-- I mean, run.

EDIT:

One more thing;

Dengeki = Electricity
Old 2011-07-11, 03:21   Link #2026
zaeraal

About character haters/lovers:
No matter what other say, I still think lover >>>>neutral>>>>>>>>(hell)>>>hater.
Because it's those lovers that can create something constructive. Who do you think makes those great AMVs, breathtaking wallpapers or point out hidden pearls from LN/manga that others have missed if not someone with a lot of passion for those characters. Yes I understand that they are sometimes overreacting towards their character as can be seen in toaru wiki for example (I laughted really loudly when I read the Misaka page, where fanboys have mixed EVERYTHING GOOD [while skipping everything bad and even adding false info] from manga and anime making the ultimate Mary Sue character), but even so, it's still beter than those haters that only humiliate or insult them, recycle some digusting images about them they found, create false info as long as it enrages other, troll and so on.. Normal people usually don't do anything.

About second season of railgun:
You should probably stop and ask yourself - Would Railgun anime,drama CD's, figmas, daimakuras and other stuff related to Railgun sell better if the anime didn't added anthing new -> meaning only 12 episodes, removed Saten,Uiharu,Shirai from all the extra parts where they were added, also removed all moe bits about Misaka, making her into some psycho shoen here who barely cares about other people. Because this is what REALLY COUNTS. AND if the answer is NOT, I can guarantee you, that the directors, producers, voice actors, editors, scriptwriters are COMPLETLY LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OF everytime they see people complaining about bad changes made to the story.
To sum it up - will second season of railgun be filled with moe stuff and anime-original stuff : Yes, if it means better sales for everyone involved (not because someone loves/hates a character). And please don't compare railgun to something like madoka or bakemonogatari, railgun has good setting, but not as deep story as those two.
Old 2011-07-11, 08:28   Link #2027
Miraluka
Banned

^
I don't find both Madoka or Bakemonogatari to be "deep", tragic and dark, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And Index as his lover, but what's your point ?

...Hmmm, in the off chance you're getting the wrong idea-- we're not talking about Kamachi.
I don't know but... whenever I think of that I can't help but find it so wrong Kamachi is a lolicon.... ?
Old 2011-07-11, 09:18   Link #2028
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't know but... whenever I think of that I can't help but find it so wrong Kamachi is a lolicon.... ?
You could... You know... Wait a few extra years... Nobody said it had to be right now... Just saying... >.>
Old 2011-07-11, 09:22   Link #2029
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
^
I don't find both Madoka or Bakemonogatari to be "deep", tragic and dark, yes.

Isn't most of the cast loli type characters.
Old 2011-07-11, 09:25   Link #2030
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Isn't most of the cast loli type characters.
Depends on your definition of loli.

Small breasts not equal loli btw.

At a tender age of 13, technically the rest of the railgun girls can be called loli.

P.S - I need a new avatar for the summer... Plus it's just too weird for two of use to be wielding Jeanne....
Old 2011-07-11, 12:20   Link #2031
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Did I say this a few moments back in anywhere of the Toaru... Railgun/Index subforum? I think I did, but I'll just dish out my stance (again) just because. I know, this is just my opinion and mine alone (perhaps), but since we're talking about that now I guess now is a good time to.

I don't have a very good opinion on Mikoto from the very start of the Index series. That'll be before the Railgun sub-series were even incepted. A.K.A. volume 1.

The subsequent plot that follows does not make my opinion of her any better. If in all biasness I'd say it's making my opinion of her to get worse. But then Railgun revealed many aspects of the Science side we don't get to see much in Index - minus the Dark Side since Mikoto rarely gets involved with them more than Accelerator does.

And I can't help but feel there's some truth in some people saying that in all her adventures Mikoto rarely gets injured to the point she needs to get hospitalized (at least no accounts of it that I have heard of), when Kuroko herself gets admitted to the hospital. There might be some bias in the Index/Railgun project team but whether that is true I'll leave that for them to admit or deny it themselves.

... Gotta crash. I guess my new job and the distance from home has been cutting the time I can go online drastically. I wanted to tell more but I guess I'll stop here. And my phone is too outdatedly low-specced to read the forums. Uh ohs.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-07-11, 13:20   Link #2032
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I don't have a very good opinion on Mikoto from the very start of the Index series. That'll be before the Railgun sub-series were even incepted. A.K.A. volume 1.
I know what you mean, it's like hating a music without hearing it ... hmmm biased opinion?
Oups?

Well doesn't matter, colors and tastes as they say, pretty useless to argue on that.
Old 2011-07-11, 14:06   Link #2033
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I know what you mean, it's like hating a music without hearing it ... hmmm biased opinion?
That makes no sense since Mikoto appears since very prologue of the first volume .
Old 2011-07-11, 14:25   Link #2034
Zakoo

Isn't it what he said? "I hated her from the moment she appeared? And everything happened after confirmed my thoughts."

Would you have prefered the " oh mum, I hate greenpeas" and the moment you eat it you will either find it bad or good but in both case you won't go back on your words? In worst case sometimes you first belief will even alterate your judgement making you believe your firm lie because all good things will be obliterated by the bad ones.

You perfectly know what I mean, and I hope we all left what I call "the brat period" meaning you hate it without any good reasons (because yeah I will say it, there's absolutely no good arguments to play the hater) and will continue to say so even if facts are against you.

Though I say that, my own behaviour is childish seeing how I got pulled that easely.
Old 2011-07-11, 14:54   Link #2035
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Isn't it what he said?
No, he did't, at least wait for him.
Old 2011-07-11, 17:24   Link #2036
tsunade666

he just said that he doesn't had very good opinion of her. It doesn't mean he hates her. It's more like he doesn't like her that much. That's two different opinion from hate and didn't liked.
Old 2011-07-11, 19:12   Link #2037
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Yep.

I do not practically dislike Mikoto per se. It's just that I fail to see the appeal to her as a character in the whole series. When she first appeared I was like "What the hell is her problem with that guy!?" I, at that time, didn't know any better because I just started out following the series while knowing little about it compared to Toradora which was JC Staff's hit back then.

Her interactions with Touma doesn't make it any better, and the only hardship she knew Touma had to go through is his memory loss (and Index, though that can be taken as a "difficulties of taking care of a younger sister" IMO).

I'd argue that his allies over at the Magic Side knew more about his "daily misfortune" and miseries he had to put up with trying to help them, but unfortunately this is just what I think. I am not even sure if I can back it up.

... On an unrelated thought, looks like my crazy wish of seeing Touma and Misaki having some sort of connection... I can see that my illusion is going to get broken. Heheh.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-07-13, 00:41   Link #2038
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I agree with the person that state railgun II would have lots of filler, really if they follow the manga they would end with a "dark" story and remove the moe and other protagonist.

Also don't take I_am_Kami very seriously, he likes to troll the fandom in general.

Personally I like Mikoto, she isn't my favorite but I do like her character because even before her layer she is a girl and act her age most of the time.
Old 2011-07-23, 20:45   Link #2039
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Welp I officially own the Railgun manga volume 1

Also phibrizzo I don't and would never troll the Index fans. Ok.
Old 2011-07-24, 10:07   Link #2040
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

by js06 about the Railgun manga

Quote:
New Miki tweet about Railgun:
>I just had a meeting with Kamachi-san and Fuyukawa-san for the Railgun Daihaseisai!
>With the revelation of the espers who will be taking part in the matches, everyone's almost too fired up!
>Look forward to a Daihaseisai in Dengeki Daioh that, due to Fuyukawa-san's cleverness, includes characters that are rather unexpected but will put a smile on your face!
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen