AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-02-01, 13:27   Link #1101
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
I'm just gonna break in here and ask for an opinion:

Despite the removal of a pic in the first volume, is Viz's translation fine enough that I can get all the proper details from the book, or would I be better off with the online version? I'd really prefer to have a solid book in my hands instead of a web page, but not if the translation is incoherent or removes important plot details.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 15:43   Link #1102
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Yuji isn't a Mystes any more he's a Tomogora of Guze no Ou level
yup...and he's the strongest Guze no Ou on earth, well Alastor is almost as powerful as him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth View Post
I'm just gonna break in here and ask for an opinion:

Despite the removal of a pic in the first volume, is Viz's translation fine enough that I can get all the proper details from the book, or would I be better off with the online version? I'd really prefer to have a solid book in my hands instead of a web page, but not if the translation is incoherent or removes important plot details.
First of all there is no online SnS translation.

Secondly the Viz book doesn't remove anything from the novels, and the transltion is quite accurate, the only problem with it is that they translated some of the Guze no Ou/Tomogora, and Flame Haze titles awkwerdly like Sairei no Hebi the transltion is supposed to be "Snake of the Festival," but Viz translted it as "Snake Festival" so there aren't really any major problems with Viz's translated books....besides the time it takes them to translate a novel anyway.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 16:33   Link #1103
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

I see. Then I guess I found another thing to get on my next manga run (Yes, I know it's not a manga. That's where I found it anyway.).
Old 2008-02-02, 11:45   Link #1104
alvinkhorfire

I want to know the whereabout of Blutsauger before Yuji obtains it at season 2. Since the ending to the first season was an anime original, we have to discount the fact about it being lost at Seirei-den. I think, prior to that, Marjorie had it before giving to Keisaku and Eita to try. I want to know how the sword is transferred from one person to another until it is given to Yuji.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:15   Link #1105
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I want to know the whereabout of Blutsauger before Yuji obtains it at season 2. Since the ending to the first season was an anime original, we have to discount the fact about it being lost at Seirei-den. I think, prior to that, Marjorie had it before giving to Keisaku and Eita to try. I want to know how the sword is transferred from one person to another until it is given to Yuji.
I'm pretty sure Shana still has it in her Cape.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:26   Link #1106
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I'm pretty sure Shana still has it in her Cape.
I see. As of episode 20 at season 1, the sword is still at Satou's house. How did the sword transfer to Shana's yogasa?
Old 2008-02-02, 12:34   Link #1107
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I see. As of episode 20 at season 1, the sword is still at Satou's house. How did the sword transfer to Shana's yogasa?
erm...remember the fight with Balle Masque at the end of Season 1 she could have stored it in her Yogasa after the fight.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:44   Link #1108
alvinkhorfire

Yea, but that was anime original. I mean in accordance to events in ths novels. The events in episode 20 should be from the novels, but the fight is not.
Old 2008-02-02, 13:21   Link #1109
cnnydz
Feed me

in vol 7 after the fight with dantanlion, margery gave it to shana , and in vol 9 yuji get it from shana to severely wound Wilhelmina, and he trained with it afterwards (margery sealed it into a piece of paper so that yuji can carry it around easily).
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 16:28   Link #1110
alvinkhorfire

A great answer, as expected from cnnydz. Actually, how many times did Yuji fight against Wilhelmina? I mean as in real battle, not in training.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2008-02-03 at 08:32.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 16:38   Link #1111
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

he went into berserker mode
Old 2008-02-02, 20:07   Link #1112
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Dear God, I want to see novel-Yuuji. He sounds awesome. I am so gonna start collecting these.

Thinking about it, does Khamsin play a bigger role in the novels (Or seen more), or is what we saw in the anime all we get?
Old 2008-02-03, 02:45   Link #1113
setsuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth View Post
Dear God, I want to see novel-Yuuji. He sounds awesome. I am so gonna start collecting these.

Thinking about it, does Khamsin play a bigger role in the novels (Or seen more), or is what we saw in the anime all we get?
As much as i remember he will appear again in vol 16 when flame haze start to gather because of Sairei no hebi, any other i dont know. By the way when Shana gave Yuji Blutsauger is it right after that that he fight Wilhelmina? Cause i dont think that he'll master that weapon that fast.
Old 2008-02-03, 09:49   Link #1114
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
he went into berserker mode
Is the encounter between Yuji and Wilhemina as animated in the anime different from what is written in the novels? As you have said, according to the novels, during their encounter, Yuji defeated Wilhemina with Blusauger and nearly killed her. But, in anime (episode 21 in season 1), that did not happen, right? Instead, Yuji was saved by Shana and Blusauger was not seen at that time.
Old 2008-02-03, 10:07   Link #1115
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Right the fight was very different. In fact the whole ending arc never happend in the novels

Here's a pic of Yuji and Wilhemina fight

Spoiler for Even his eyes change:
Old 2008-02-03, 11:09   Link #1116
alvinkhorfire

Thanks for the tip. What made him into berserker mode?
Old 2008-02-03, 11:16   Link #1117
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. What made him into berserker mode?
Oh, I'm guessing that it's the situation at that time. Shana was injured pretty badly, and Yuuji was still held in a stranglehold by Wilhelmina. Either desperation or determination drove him to that point and he succeeded in cutting his own bonds and cutting through her defenses to injure her severely due to carelessness on Wilhelmina's part.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 17:51   Link #1118
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Oh, I'm guessing that it's the situation at that time. Shana was injured pretty badly, and Yuuji was still held in a stranglehold by Wilhelmina. Either desperation or determination drove him to that point and he succeeded in cutting his own bonds and cutting through her defenses to injure her severely due to carelessness on Wilhelmina's part.
Meh... that alone makes me wanna scream "REMAKE!!" Yuji isn't that bad of a character in the anime, but when comparing to the novel version, he's rather weak.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:10   Link #1119
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Meh... that alone makes me wanna scream "REMAKE!!" Yuji isn't that bad of a character in the anime, but when comparing to the novel version, he's rather weak.
Sometimes I like to imagine how good the anime would be were it animated by, say, Kyoto Animation.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:40   Link #1120
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sometimes I like to imagine how good the anime would be were it animated by, say, Kyoto Animation.
Yea, but we may or may not get that awesome OST, OPs, and EDs, if KyoAni were to do it. So I would say, KyoAni + J.C.Staff, with the latter doing the music stuffs. But the situation of KyoAni doing Shana is extremely unlikely, if not virtually impossible. (not that I don't want it though )

Even so, Shana right now is still good to me, although not to the point of what I would imagine if it sticks to the novel material closely and has good pace.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen