AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-26, 15:02   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Whaaaaaat?

There's even a subforum for this series here for Jeebus' sake!
This is at ANIMESUKI. At other places EXCEPT here, it's practically unknown.

For me, I always like Zero no Tsukaima Season II. I don't know why people don't like it. I think it was WAY better than the first season, and had excellent drama, especially by the end.
Old 2008-02-26, 16:38   Link #62
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
okay then... lemme think

FLCL i guess.. not many people i know actually like it, they think im an idiot for watching it all the time and especially when i tell them there is actually a story behind everything...
Saiyuki is another fine example, there's hardly any saiyuki discussion going on here XP
Inuyasha.. though the ending got to me eventually...
and lastly i guess GSD, i actually liked the Shinn character where as everyone else kept on bashing him :P

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-02-26 at 17:44. Reason: cause im an idiot XD
Old 2008-02-26, 17:11   Link #63
Echoes

I can't think of much that seems more appropriate to put here than in the underrepresented thread... maybe Shana II? A lot of people seem to be very disappointed, to the point of almost dropping the series. I still love it and enjoy the series very much, though it certainly is a step down from the action-packed first season.

Last edited by Echoes; 2008-02-27 at 15:54. Reason: removed the no-longer-relevant quote
Old 2008-02-26, 20:46   Link #64
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

For me, I always like Zero no Tsukaima Season II. I don't know why people don't like it. I think it was WAY better than the first season, and had excellent drama, especially by the end.
Ah, not 4chan.
People disliked the second season of Zero no Tsukaima because Agnes stole the entire series with her emo fire-mongering and such.

Also, I find it funny that people complaining that Higurashi, Elfen Lied, and other more gruesome series are liked only for the gore, especially since I've never actually met or conversed with someone who had liked either series for gore content, or any series in general.
I'm going to assume for now that it's an excuse for people who dislike popular gory series.
Old 2008-02-26, 20:54   Link #65
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I can't think of much that seems more appropriate to put here than in the underrepresented thread...
That's because anime that has a positive consensus is more obvious than anime that people hate. Usually when I hate a series, I don't go around saying how much it sucks, but when I love a series, that's the first series I recommend in the Suggestions thread. Therefore, in a non-gay way, I'm showing more love than hate.

The thread should really be called anime you love but some seems to hate, or enough people seems to hate it that it concerns you.

Of course there are anime like Naruto and Bleach that are widely hated (right now, in this forum) and maybe School Days, but besides those three it's hard to claim that a lot of people "hates" a specific anime.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-02-27 at 00:38.
Old 2008-02-26, 20:56   Link #66
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

mine would be Inuyasha
Old 2008-02-26, 21:00   Link #67
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Added...

Strawberry Panic: Yes, its a shoujo-ai anime but what bugs me is this anime get too many demerits that it didn't deserved. Yeah, I know lots of girls hate it because it has lesbian love stories but how about guys who hates gay love stories? It is a fair game, right? Yes, the girls have unhealthy interests on gays and so guys worked on the opposite way too. Most people also claimed this anime is a Maria-sama ga Miteru clone but I disagree. People who hates it are generally not shoujo-ai/yuri fan.

Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
I like both of those two anime Strawberry Panic is pretty good, solid 7 for me, but I love Kannazuki no Miko, one of my favorite anime of all time but could see why people don't like.
I would like to mention, Yu-gi-oh ...no I am not kidding, though I don't love this anime I still like it. Yes it's a freaking card game anime, but for some reason I enjoy watching these card game battle between people.
I wonder do Cyber Formula OVAs counts? Because I don't know the what most people think about the anime.
Old 2008-02-26, 21:01   Link #68
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Im going to go old here and say Tokyo Underground. Having never read manga in my life, the off-story ending didn't affect me. With that aside i found it to be a good story and an interesting twist on how the natural world can be missed.

Another is Night Wizard. while the "baddie of the day" feel does damage it, i found the story interesting and funny. Also i really liked the characters. If it had 26 eps to break the "baddie of the day" feel i think it would have been a top anime.

While Inuyasha and Naruto aren't horrible, i feel they drag on too long and could be finished by now.
Old 2008-02-26, 23:28   Link #69
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

QFT, I preferred Season 2, the drama in Futatsuki no Kishi was much better than that of Season 1's, it had a better plotline too IMO.

However, I kinda disliked Agnes 'cause of all her Mage hate too...
Old 2008-02-27, 05:13   Link #70
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
mine would be Inuyasha
i think inuyasha is beginning to lose its right to be in this thread, there seems to be plenty of support for it - me included (which is a good thing!)
Old 2008-02-27, 08:48   Link #71
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko
Kannazuki no Miko: Another shoujo-ai anime that people seems to hate it, including some shoujo-ai fans. I really don't know what went wrong this time but almost all anime reviews I knew seems to hate it too. Maybe those who hates KnM are either did not care what Chikane feels or hate shoujo-ai/yuri in general.
Lol, I think you went to the wrong places [Sites I go sing praises, lol]
As for Strawberry Panic!, I do agree with you on some parts.
Old 2008-02-27, 08:52   Link #72
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Sisters Of Wellber I Don't See Many People In AS Love This anime..>.<
Old 2008-02-27, 13:05   Link #73
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Ah, not 4chan.
People disliked the second season of Zero no Tsukaima because Agnes stole the entire series with her emo fire-mongering and such.

Also, I find it funny that people complaining that Higurashi, Elfen Lied, and other more gruesome series are liked only for the gore, especially since I've never actually met or conversed with someone who had liked either series for gore content, or any series in general.
I'm going to assume for now that it's an excuse for people who dislike popular gory series.
Ah, well, I guess I can understand the issues with Agnes, but I decided not to dwell on it.

Well, I think series like Elfen Lied were liked less because they were "gory", per se (by that I mean gore for the sake of gore), but because it was basically loaded with shock-content. It's not something we typically expect, but they gave it to us anyway and didn't hold back. At all. I think that's where the appeal comes from. Like why people watch horror movies. Some people just love the shocking stuff, and I can appreciate that fact.
Old 2008-02-27, 13:10   Link #74
BabiiLeeLee
Kawaii LeeLee

Send a message via AIM to BabiiLeeLee
Haii
TeeHee
Inuyasha-kin all the way ^__~
Old 2008-02-27, 14:33   Link #75
roninhobbit
Roboguzu

I haven't run into it on Animesuki, but I've met a lot of people that hated Dragon Half. I can't understand why...I crack up every time I watch it.
Old 2008-02-27, 14:50   Link #76
Amray

I never met many people who were big fans of Big O. I loved it, it was cool.
Old 2008-02-27, 15:25   Link #77
JustInn14
moo

Higurashi. I know it's popular here, but, your average person would probably freak out at all of the blood and guts and stuff. My parents would only freak out at the language!

lol.
Old 2008-02-27, 19:37   Link #78
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninhobbit View Post
I haven't run into it on Animesuki, but I've met a lot of people that hated Dragon Half. I can't understand why...I crack up every time I watch it.
I LOVED Dragon Half. Don't see how people could hate it.

Perhaps they hate the lack of it? Two episodes....yeah.

Quote:
I never met many people who were big fans of Big O. I loved it, it was cool.
Big O is well-liked among my friends, if that makes you feel better.
Old 2008-02-27, 19:46   Link #79
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
It seems at an average popularity here, but I've seen many places that dislike Air TV.
Old 2008-02-27, 19:52   Link #80
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
It seems at an average popularity here, but I've seen many places that dislike Air TV.
Really?
It has a few flaws, mainly its pacing, but I haven't seen (m)any forums and such that especially dislike Air TV. Sure, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's not something like School Days that is widely hated.

Speaking of which, I liked it.

What are these places that you speak of?
Closed Thread