AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-02, 02:18   Link #13821
larethian

this is subject to interpretation but even if the plot is connected to the main plot, I may still consider Railgun as a spinoff because of the change in protagonist which I see as the key distinction. but then again, since I've not read it, I don't know for sure.
Old 2011-09-02, 02:41   Link #13822
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I can't remove the cause, but here's the medication. Put your hand on your hand, close your eyes, and sigh. It will help somewhat.

Do I have to edit everything again? Spin-off, side stories, secondary stories, blah blah blah...
I'll take that as a compliment. I actually intend my last statement as a Take That to some rabid Mikoto fans who think she should be really the main character of Index.
Old 2011-09-02, 03:06   Link #13823
leukrota

^ I'm glad I don't know any of those... Rabies give me the willies
Old 2011-09-02, 03:33   Link #13824
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I'll take that as a compliment. I actually intend my last statement as a Take That to some rabid Mikoto fans who think she should be really the main character of Index.
I know a lot of people who thought that Index was the spin-off because Railgun was more 'hyped', so yeah, I knew what you were thinking. Don't worry, we're in the same boat...
Old 2011-09-02, 03:55   Link #13825
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
So let's compute what would make an Index side-story in terms of principles...

Railgun is a side story because it focuses on what happens on the leylines in the Index canon while taking on another protagonists' POV. A side story doesn't have to keep it's main story protagonist in order to advance the plot in parallel to the main story's canon like how we see the SS volumes are doing.

What would make a spin-off? Let's take the Delta Force and have a series focused on their daily hijinks. Or just Aogami and his everyday perversion exploits. Or take the in-series' Magical Girl Kanamin into an actual adaptation.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-09-02, 04:14   Link #13826
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
What would make a spin-off? Let's take the Delta Force and have a series focused on their daily hijinks. Or just Aogami and his everyday perversion exploits. Or take the in-series' Magical Girl Kanamin into an actual adaptation.
Actually, I think this is the closest idea we can get to a perfect example of a spin-off as something totally unrelated to the main story but has it's roots from the main story in some small ways.... Namely just the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I know a lot of people who thought that Index was the spin-off because Railgun was more 'hyped', so yeah, I knew what you were thinking. Don't worry, we're in the same boat...
I'm almost certain those are just detractors and trolls looking to throw flame around- I can't think anyone who would make that kind of mistake 'honestly'.
Old 2011-09-02, 08:21   Link #13827
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm almost certain those are just detractors and trolls looking to throw flame around- I can't think anyone who would make that kind of mistake 'honestly'.
They aren't just trolls lurking in the net chaos they are worst.... ah the headache makes me remember the time when Index II was announce and the wild baboons gone wild where is our Misaka. It's like hell fire that shut up and wait another damn year for your moeblob railgun to air again!!!! and thank god we got Shana and ZnT instead of railgun II or I may semi-permanent stay away from index threads for a couple of months just like when railgun anime shows up. I stay away from the episode thread.
Old 2011-09-02, 09:56   Link #13828
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's like hell fire that shut up and wait another damn year for your moeblob railgun to air again!!!!
I'll have you know I happen to like my moeblob Railgun.
Old 2011-09-02, 10:16   Link #13829
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I'll have you know I happen to like my moeblob Railgun.
With that way of thinking I wouldn't be suprised if the chances of getting animated the Sisters Arc are lowering even more .
Old 2011-09-02, 10:50   Link #13830
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
With that way of thinking I wouldn't be suprised if the chances of getting animated the Sisters Arc are lowering even more .
I seriously think that the pre-defeat of Accelerator Sisters' Arc could be a good sort of a wake-up call.

And then forward to the events of Daihaseisai... in Railgun's POV.

Of course, nothing with the ruin that came with the first Railgun series that is.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-09-02, 10:54   Link #13831
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Of course, nothing with the ruin that came with the first Railgun series that is.
Yes, since I expect that Railgun will be on the high quality that Index 2 rarely matched..... Seriously, that's partly why the Railgun fanatics say that Index is a spin-off of Railgun (the vast difference in quality).
Old 2011-09-02, 11:13   Link #13832
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Yes, since I expect that Railgun will be on the high quality that Index 2 rarely matched...
Index II did have gorgeous landscape animations, especially the ones in nighttime.
Old 2011-09-02, 11:18   Link #13833
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Index II did have gorgeous landscape animations, especially the ones in nighttime.
Yes, but the character animations were..... Well, you get the idea. It's always been the joke that Railgun had more work done to it because it had a girl as the main character, while Index was Touma's story.
Old 2011-09-02, 11:32   Link #13834
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Index was Touma's story.
Yes, that's always irked me, and not just because I dislike Touma's character.
Old 2011-09-02, 11:48   Link #13835
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Even the author admitted it. Check of cover slips for one of the translated covers that will be uploaded onto B-T. I think it's volume 7 or something.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:27   Link #13836
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Me and Kenju will go on a trollfest if Railgun 2 is all moeblobs. Just a heads up.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:27   Link #13837
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Me and Kenju will go on a trollfest if Railgun 2 is all moeblobs. Just a heads up.
Just don't do it in the LN thread.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:36   Link #13838
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Why would I do it here? It has nothing to do with Railgun. We'll be in the eps threads spouting about how Toumas a better MC yada yada plot yada yada you are all sick men wanting cute girls doing cute things yada yada
Old 2011-09-02, 14:38   Link #13839
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Why would I do it here? It has nothing to do with Railgun.
You'd be surprised how many times I've seen... issues in one thread spill over into countless others...
Old 2011-09-02, 14:40   Link #13840
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You'd be surprised how many times I've seen... issues in one thread spill over into countless others...
I remember one guy who was talking about plot holes involving Misaka. That was sooooo long and annoying.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen