AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 22:45   Link #841
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But in the end, it was Touma who saved the day, though. Or so I think.
Yeah, but how does that equal to Misaka having a hard time beating the guy when we clear saw her kicking his ass in the alley in the next scene?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 22:48   Link #842
judasmartel
*Author

You mean in the next scene after Touma blocked the Graviton Bomb?

But say, do you think Graviton had just put up a really nice fight against a Level 5? And when I say "really nice fight", I mean that she won't go Boring Invincible Hero as she kicks Graviton's butt.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 22:54   Link #843
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You mean in the next scene after Touma blocked the Graviton Bomb?

But say, do you think Graviton had just put up a really nice fight against a Level 5? And when I say "really nice fight", I mean that Misaka wasn't prone to being the Boring Invincible Hero in that fight.

And here's the core of this problem- What fight?

It was a surprised ambush/assassination/bombing, not a fight and to begin with his target wasn't specifically her.
Old 2011-09-11, 22:56   Link #844
judasmartel
*Author

Oh, I see. Graviton just had the element of surprise as an advantage, should the target was actually Misaka.
Old 2011-09-11, 23:01   Link #845
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Oh, I see. Graviton just had the element of surprise as an advantage, should the target was actually Misaka.
Well he better hope she dropped her coin twice then.
Old 2011-09-11, 23:11   Link #846
judasmartel
*Author

I see then.

Some people were actually discussing, "What if Misaka and Graviton did engage in a real serious one-on-one match? Whose ass would be kicked by whom?"

Well, the answer would be obvious at first glance, but I'd rather wait for the Railgun PSP game to see that.

EDIT: Updated my siggy with my idea of a new Awakening Epithet.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-09-11 at 23:34.
Old 2011-09-11, 23:34   Link #847
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I see then.

Some people were actually discussing, "What if Misaka and Graviton did engage in a real serious one-on-one match? Whose ass would be kicked by whom?"

Well, the answer would be obvious at first glance, but I'd rather wait for the Railgun PSP game to see that.
I don't want to pursuit this topic too much... But to me that Graviton guy is a gutless loser that takes his angst out on innocence people, you'll never see him in a fighting game...

...Not that the Railgun PSP is a fighting game in the first place -_-
Old 2011-09-11, 23:38   Link #848
judasmartel
*Author

I see. Too bad. I guess it's a beat-em-up? I mean, the Judgment unit Mikoto is in could fit the Fighter-Mage-Thief trope, don't you think?

Konori Mii - Fighter
Misaka Mikoto - Mage
Shirai Kuroko - Thief

@OT Anyways, what do you think of my new siggy? I was imagining Awakened Misaka as something like Ginji Amano's Lightning Lord mode.
Old 2011-09-11, 23:40   Link #849
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I see. Too bad. I guess it's a beat-em-up? I mean, the Judgment unit Mikoto is in could fit the Fighter-Mage-Thief trope, don't you think?

Konori Mii - Fighter
Misaka Mikoto - Mage
Shirai Kuroko - Thief
It's not even that.

The Railgun PSP will be a [Girl Talk Adventure] game.

Quote:
@OT Anyways, what do you think of my new siggy?
Nevermind your sig, why does your avatar nick says "Misaka Mikoto's Awakening" ?
Old 2011-09-11, 23:41   Link #850
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

When people mention Mikoto awakening, a certain person not named Kenju murders them in cold blood.

Only I can say MIKOTO AWAKENS! because of my status as:

He Who Wields The Crack Snuff By God.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 23:48   Link #851
judasmartel
*Author

Like a VN? Yeouch. Got my dose of BLAM today!

Quote:
Nevermind your sig, why does your avatar nick says "Misaka Mikoto's Awakening" ?
Just occured to me while I was thinking of cool Awakening Epithets just in case the other Level 5's do awaken. I found it cool to have a Kanji nickname once in a while.

@Kyon You're just having fun, right?
Old 2011-09-12, 01:35   Link #852
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Well my understanding of physics says your wrong on that. Aluminum does not normally respond to an outside magnetic field. Perhaps if Misaka's powers were closer in nature to what Magneto's powers are, then it would be a big problem for her.

But her power deals with electromagnetism and not just magnetism on it's own.

In this case, she can conduct electricity through the Aluminum and thus as a result the metal becomes magnetic regardless of whether or not it's ferromagnetic. (last time I checked Aluminum is a conductor and that's the main requirement) She can then alternate the polarity of all the pieces or have them all have the same polority and then produce a secondary electromagnetic field to interact with the now magnetic metal. This would most likely produce the same result had the metal been made of iron or steel. It may take more calculation to achieve this though so it may be more difficult compared to other metals, but in the end it's not impossible for her.

The reason I chose 'ferromagnetic' as a requirement is that it's much simpler to use as it responds far more easily than aluminium. To be precise, Aluminium falls under the category of 'paramagnetism', meaning that it only works with an applied field and that applied field would have to be massive. Massive enough to destabilize the building had she tried.

This is because paramagnets only display the smallest of magnetic attraction despite having an external electromagnetic field applied to them. And with the 'Graviton' being destabilized, chances are that the spin orientations that determine magnetic susceptibility will become negatively affected and throw off her attempts to magnetize it.

Long story short, if she wanted to take control of it, she would have to use an alternating current (AC), which would take too long and be even less effective with a destabilizing mass.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 04:42   Link #853
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I think if she pushed herself, she would be able to build a new range of powers similar to Magneto's and make herself more dangerous of an esper. If so, people would be drawing her with Erik Lehnsherr's badass helmet on by now.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 06:45   Link #854
leukrota

^ Well, she did some cool stuff in the Railgun SS (and with some luck, we'll see something as cool in SS2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
When people mention Mikoto awakening, a certain person not named Kenju murders them in cold blood.

Only I can say MIKOTO AWAKENS! because of my status as:

He Who Wields The Crack Snuff By God.
Sounds like fun. Let me make my own:
Old 2011-09-12, 11:49   Link #855
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Let's leave the off-topic phrases out unless they're part of an on-topic post. Any more by themselves will be deleted.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:15   Link #856
index87

so im not sure where to post this but i was wondering if anyone has heard of a To aru kagaku no railgun second season seems like they would of announced it by now if they were going to air it this year

ps. id appreciate if somebody could point me to the right thread to continue this discussion if i am in the wrong
index87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:23   Link #857
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by index87 View Post
so im not sure where to post this but i was wondering if anyone has heard of a To aru kagaku no railgun second season seems like they would of announced it by now if they were going to air it this year

ps. id appreciate if somebody could point me to the right thread to continue this discussion if i am in the wrong
I'm sure there's a Railgun General thread somewhere here, but the truth is the moment it's announced the whole world would know about it.

But this isn't really a surprise at all if they haven't said anything yet- Index 2 was only announced less than 3 months before Fall 2010, and Shana 3 had about the same thing for this year... Though the rumors and whispers started long before then.
Old 2011-09-13, 02:43   Link #858
index87

thanks for the reply i don't follow anime in general just the to aru series strangely the only anime ive ever liked

i actually didn't find out about the second season of index until four weeks into its run i was just wondering if that hadn't happened again since its around that time of year you know
anyways this is index87 over and out
index87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 06:44   Link #859
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ladies and Gentleman........

Mikoto has won International Saimoe League 2011!!!!!

Cheers for the Electric Princess of Tokiwadai! Hooray!!!!
Old 2011-11-17, 06:52   Link #860
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She pretty much won everything today... Is it her birthday or something? There's even the release of FripSide's single for the Railgun PSP OP today.