Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-21, 06:05   Link #681
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I was replying to the person who said they had no clue what Campione was about. Figured I'd reply in thread as it does have parallels to StB.
Thankfully I don't see much of Campione in Strike the Blood because I dropped the former after two episodes. I couldn't stand that the blonde buxom girl was suddenly all over the MC. I also feel that Campione was a lot more fanservice-oriented, with sloppy kisses and frequent cleavage exposure. In comparison, StB is chaste.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 06:23   Link #682
Ickarium

It's the basic premise. Both shows use a thinly-veiled excuse for romantic tension, and of the same variety.

Campione! the anime isn't as good as the light novels, but honestly the first episode or two over-does the fanservice. It's still there but less so after that. Erica's also a lot more complex than she appears though. It's more obvious in the light novel, but.

In other news, I'm still liking Strike the Blood, but I really _am_ getting annoyed at how it's slipping into harem formula. The first ep had some, but it also had other things. We'll see how it goes. My hope is it doesn't turn out so bad, but we'll see.

Also, I really do think that that blond vampire is a major antagonist. He's being played as just a foe-yay guy for the fangirls, but I'm going to bet that at some point he will shoot the dog and try to /eat/ the protagonist. Sadly, that won't stop some fans from shipping them, but.
Old 2013-11-21, 10:44   Link #683
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Also, I really do think that that blond vampire is a major antagonist. He's being played as just a foe-yay guy for the fangirls, but I'm going to bet that at some point he will shoot the dog and try to /eat/ the protagonist. Sadly, that won't stop some fans from shipping them, but.
Don't you know those are some of the best kinds of ships.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 17:38   Link #684
XFire
150% done

Quote:
It's the basic premise. Both shows use a thinly-veiled excuse for romantic tension, and of the same variety.

Campione! the anime isn't as good as the light novels, but honestly the first episode or two over-does the fanservice. It's still there but less so after that. Erica's also a lot more complex than she appears though. It's more obvious in the light novel, but.

In other news, I'm still liking Strike the Blood, but I really _am_ getting annoyed at how it's slipping into harem formula. The first ep had some, but it also had other things. We'll see how it goes. My hope is it doesn't turn out so bad, but we'll see.

Oh heavens! You mean he might try to kill Kojou!? What a twist! Certainly no other character in his harem has tried that before.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:48   Link #685
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

This pretty boy is way out of his league. If second generation vampires were even close to the strength of Primogenitors then the former wouldn't be regarded as so godlike. Therefore, the gap between Primogenitors and second generation vampires must be heaven and earth. Just because he's eaten second generation vampires doesn't mean he could match an actual Primogenitor.

Little tidbit that wasn't included in this arc. It's said that Dimitrie is the closest thing to a Primogenitor, but that just means his power is closest compared to everyone else's. It doesn't mean he's actually their equal.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 03:24   Link #686
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Oh heavens! You mean he might try to kill Kojou!? What a twist! Certainly no other character in his harem has tried that before.
*laugh* Point taken. Though I think he's a /little/ more evil than the others. Just a /little/, though we'll see. Then again, I tend to dislike the Draco in Leather Pants trope and the fans trying crazily to turn a truly evil person into a good guy so their favorite ship 'works'.
Old 2013-11-22, 12:36   Link #687
Marina2

Spoiler for Ep.8:
Old 2013-11-22, 12:39   Link #688
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:58   Link #689
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Spoiler for Ep.8:
RAAAAA!!! ASAGI BEST GIRL!!!!

I haven't watch the episode yet. I have the raws but waiting for translation. Its getting tiring to watch it in raw.
Old 2013-11-22, 13:38   Link #690
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep.8:
MY MIND WAS BLOWN. -brb, recovering-
Old 2013-11-22, 15:04   Link #691
ookamigirl

I was kinda surprised to see this anime got 24 episodes.
No wonder the plot is pretty slow-ish.
And it's starting to look like harem too.
Was expecting more of this anime..
No I'm just considering of dropping it.
I could've handled a normal 12-episode season, but 24 seems too much.
Also, it's interesting how the main character is doing the least fighting.
Guess he has enough girls around him to fight instead of him.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 16:17   Link #692
ginger02

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep.8:
YES YES YES YOU GET IT ASAGI!!!!

Best part of the episode for me. It was short and sweet but made me speechless and then all bumbling like an idiot.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 16:33   Link #693
Aqua Knight

Strangely, but now I think Asagi and Sayaka are better girls in terms of interacting with Koujo than Himeragi as now she looks very plain. Though she may be just lacking quality screen time.

And Sayaka hugging Koujo scene was just too good.
Old 2013-11-22, 16:41   Link #694
Jerseykid

I love harems and I love when the characters actually kiss so I am happy
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 17:51   Link #695
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Dang!

Didn't expect that but I guess this round goes to Asagi but she does not know the behind the scenes of the whole incident.

But at least she got her prize. So, I'm cool with that and happy for her.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:04   Link #696
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta give Asagi props for all she managed in this arc. Though really is going to make things all the more complicated. But hey at least for a losing member of a harem she managed more than a lot of girls do in these harems .

I'd say Himeragi did a good job not falling into the violent trope in this episode. Plenty of times she could have gone violent jealous, but managed to keep her head on straight. Obviously still jealous, but at least she didn't go too far.

While it seems that Kojou might need to drink more blood to unlock more familiars at least this episode confirmed he doesn't need to return to the source to actually get the same familiar back. Now starting to expand his options a bit with a couple different familiars.
Old 2013-11-22, 18:10   Link #697
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

First blood by Asagi! I personally can't decide between her and Yukina, but either works for me.

2 down, 10 more to go? Heck, there aren't enough girls to go around right now for him to fulfill all of them. So assuming Asagi is included in his dozen harem, does Astaroth count? Wonder if his sister or even the loli teacher is included...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:34   Link #698
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
First blood by Asagi! I personally can't decide between her and Yukina, but either works for me.

2 down, 10 more to go? Heck, there aren't enough girls to go around right now for him to fulfill all of them. So assuming Asagi is included in his dozen harem, does Astaroth count? Wonder if his sister or even the loli teacher is included...
Honestly I'm thinking that Yukina is just going to have to account for several of the familiars on her own. Considering how many familiars there are just seems more likely. Unless there is a rule of one person unlocks one familiar. Otherwise it's probably just a case of drinking enough blood to satisfy each familiar. Regular Aurum just needed him to drink blood once, Al-nasl Minium was satisfied after twice, etc. Really can't say for sure until he drinks blood from the same person twice.

I'm not sure calling Asagi's move first blood in this kind of series is the right wording though .
Old 2013-11-22, 19:13   Link #699
Iron Maw
Banned

HAREM GET.

Seriously, for a person who no qualms killing the ever living hell out of the MC in no less than a few hours ago, Sayaka sure turned around very fast. I found really hard to believe she cared about Kojou's wounds after trying to grind him herself every time they met. Now she's suddenly fallen for him in the blink of an eye, so what was point of all that trouble this past 3 episodes?

Eitherway it didn't do much to make like her at all, she just comes of as shallow now, but I can tolerate her now so that's an improvement.

Well moving on, the best part of this episode was definitely kiss from Asagi, mainly due how unexpected it was. To bad Kojou will probably be all indecisive about it or pretend it never happened by next episode. Can't have him be proactive now any sort of relationship.

Overall pretty decent episode though you could really feel the Light Novelness here this time. I still honestly have no idea where this show is going. I really hope Paper Noise was correct in her assessment of something being more at work here, instead of every new arc revolving around some damsel in distress that Kojou needs to fang to do something.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-22 at 19:42.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 20:15   Link #700
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep.8:
*Head explodes*
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires