AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-07-20, 02:19   Link #3041
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Went from 250 Devmat to 200, and I love how, when using the 20/20/10/90 recipe, I've have yet to get a SINGLE rare green plane. And no, floatplanes don't count. It also seems to have a ridiculous chance for penguins -- 70% by my estimate.

Edit: Final haul is 2 Shinden Kai-2s, 3 Reppus for 70 DevMats. The rest are 1-star red, blue, or float planes. Sheesh.

EDIT EDIT: Down to 143 DevMats, but now, as of this edit, 8 total Reppus, 2 Type 62 Zero Fighters, 4 total Shinden Kai-2, 3 total Saiun, 5 total Ryuusei, 2 total Ryuusei Kai... and most important of all, 1 Hachi. Hooray!

On the downside, I'm at admiral 81 now, which means if and when I join the Midway event, my life will suck much. While I have a level 60 team now (Kongou, Kaga, Akagi, Nagato, Ooi and Kitakami), non-battleships are lagging behind now since I stopped sortieing until today. Hmph.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-07-20 at 07:03.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 10:34   Link #3042
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
More like it irks me to no end to have meaningless quests cluttering the quest log, and sometimes, if in rush or half awake, I sometimes select the wrong one.

This hell is finally over for me, but hardly without a price.

Approximately 150 sorties (no kidding). Most likely 80-90 buckets, 10K fuel/ammo, and it even managed to put a dent on steel. At least, I got a sizable amount of exp, but hardly for the ships I wanted.

Even 2-5 taigei farming and 5-5 didn't feel as much a waste as this tedious advent.
I swear all the DD specific quests are a joke compared to this.
The sub got 2 hp left. The God damn sub have 2 hp left.....

God damn it!!!
Old 2014-07-20, 14:17   Link #3043
Cyprene

Myassa-

Is there a reason you're using that recipe instead of 20/60/10/110? That seems to be what the Japanese wiki recommends, though I haven't read it as thoroughly as I should have. I've been using it and I've had excellent luck picking up Reppuus and Ryuusei.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 14:28   Link #3044
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

110 is not a good idea, because it adds Saiun in the lot, which is bad since you don't need more than 1 saiun for a full fleet.
Even assuming you want a Saiun for different CV in order not to swap that specific plane all the time, there is no need for more than 3-5.

100 bauxite grants a chance to craft any plane, except Saiun.
90 bauxite is the same, but without Ryuusei.
40 bauxite is solely for Suisei 12, but the failure rate is extremely high in this case.
Old 2014-07-20, 15:23   Link #3045
Cyprene

Well, it certainly makes sense that you wouldn't want a half-dozen Saiuns just sitting in the hanger at your base. But I put the numbers from the Japanese Wiki into a spreadsheet and it looks like using 110 bauxite is still slightly more effective if you want rare planes. There are the usual issues with sample size and confirmation bias that surround these reports, but if you take the data at face value that extra 10 bauxite gives you a 2% or so higher chance of getting a good (Non-Saiun) plane. Whether that's worth it or not depends on how many dev materials and how much bauxite you have, of course, but if you're looking strictly at "which recipe will give me the better stuff", 110 seems to be the winner.

Recipe 110 100
Ryu- Kai 2.3 2.3
Reppu 2.6 2.5
Sui 12-Ko 2.6 2.2
Ryuusei 4.4 4
Shiden 2.1 1.9
Type 62 2.8 2.3
Total 16.8 15.2

Then again, my track record on understanding KanColle's systems hasn't been extraordinarily good so far, so if I'm making a mistake I'd be happy to hear it.
Old 2014-07-20, 16:38   Link #3046
TaintedDream
Translator

I use 20/60/10/110 too myself, also for the reason stated. Even though Saiuns get added to the mix, the % of 3 star Non-Saiun planes is still higher per bauxite used. And I've had pretty good success with it, my four daily crafts almost always net me at least one 3 star plane.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 17:58   Link #3047
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I opted for the 20/20/10/90 recipe because my target was only the rare green planes (Reppus and Shinden Kais). I shifted to the 20/60/10/110 recipe afterward, for both Saiuns and Ryuuseis.

Barely two weeks until Haruna and MAYBE the Uryus, and the event comes close enough after. How's the stockpiling? :P
Old 2014-07-20, 18:16   Link #3048
Cyprene

That makes sense. Thanks for answering.

My stockpiling is coming along okay, with around 6k of each material. I'm sure that's a terrifyingly low number to the advanced admirals out there, but I'm on track to hit my resource cap if my calculations are right. If I come up a little short, I have some money from doing the final QC on Nobunaga Concerto which I don't mind flinging KanColle's way.

My biggest concern at the moment is this two-front battle they're talking about. I don't know if I've got the fleet leveled to where it needs to be, particularly if they need light cruisers for any reason. My target level is 35, but training of course costs resources which need to be going towards hitting my caps...
Old 2014-07-20, 18:41   Link #3049
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Don't spend money on ressources. It is atrociously inefficient, regardless of your admiral level.
It is rather a desperate option if you are that close to finish an important map.

In general, you need something close to your ressource cap, and 2-3 ships of a given type appropriately leveled.
Old 2014-07-20, 18:50   Link #3050
Cyprene

A fair point, but I honestly feel guilty playing this game so much and only shelling out 20 bucks for repair docks.
Old 2014-07-20, 19:11   Link #3051
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Rule of thumb: never shell out DMM points/money unless it's for docks, dorm space or, if you're suddenly getting way too many ships at level 99, marriage contracts.
Old 2014-07-20, 19:17   Link #3052
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Usefulness of marriage is arguably very limited, and most of the time, more subject to player's fancy and some very specific setup (namely, "big eaters").

Past this point, there is no real reason to buy multiple rings even if you have 10+ ships stuck in lvl99.
With these 700 yen per ring, you could simply add 300 for 10 additional ship space, which is going to be useful sooner or later.
Old 2014-07-20, 22:31   Link #3053
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

My stockpiling effort has finally paid off. It has taken me three months, but I have gone from 0 steel to 300k cap. I ended the April event at 700 buckets, a loss of 200 odd buckets from failing E5.

Plane wise, I am at 1x Reppu kai, 5x Reppu, 10x Shiden kai2, 11x Suisei12A, 6x Ryuusei Kai with Hiryuuplanes and Soryuuplanes.
Not enough to stuff every CV full of blues or with Reppus. I am still working on that through dailies.

edit: I hope that the ship space cap will be increased to 100. I really do!

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 23:55   Link #3054
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
My stockpiling effort has finally paid off. It has taken me three months, but I have gone from 0 steel to 300k cap. I ended the April event at 700 buckets, a loss of 200 odd buckets from failing E5.

Plane wise, I am at 1x Reppu kai, 5x Reppu, 10x Shiden kai2, 11x Suisei12A, 6x Ryuusei Kai with Hiryuuplanes and Soryuuplanes.
Not enough to stuff every CV full of blues or with Reppus. I am still working on that through dailies.

God damn it, you stave off half of your ship daughters or something O_o

On another note from usspaul:

Taigei: the new anti-Admiral weapon. Now equip with after-image drive
Old 2014-07-21, 00:20   Link #3055
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

今夏実施の「艦これ」夏イベント:期間限定海域【AL作戦 / MI作戦】は、八月上旬の作戦開始予定です。また、特に【MI作戦】では、空母機動部隊同士の航空戦も予想 されます。戦備拡充と練成に努めて頂けますと幸 いです。夏イベントでは【新艦娘】も多数登場予定…お楽しみに!

Devs are suggesting that you craft some planes and get your ships leveled up. Heavy air battles for the event (especially for Midway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110
God damn it, you stave off half of your ship daughters or something O_o
I Orel cruise! I hardly do anything more than 3-2 and 2-3! Maybe 2-5...

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-07-21, 01:33   Link #3056
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
On another note from usspaul:

Taigei: the new anti-Admiral weapon. Now equip with after-image drive
First Taigeir uppercut! now this?
Old 2014-07-21, 08:14   Link #3057
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I will be blunt: I don't see why you are sitting with so many ressources, yet with so few planes.
You could even waste 100K each bauxite just for crafting alone. So just crafting during dailies is just asking for needless problem.

There is no way you need that much ressources for midway. OTOH, you arguably have not enough reppu.
Old 2014-07-21, 09:41   Link #3058
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:

woah ..... thats aLOT of resources anyway congrats ?? are you running on the long expeditions ??
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 10:00   Link #3059
Cyprene

Jeez man, I think I have more Reppuus than you do and I'm level 68.
Might be time to start crafting.
Old 2014-07-21, 16:03   Link #3060
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I did 30 odd crafts of 2/6/1/10 with nothing, which is kind of expected. Maybe I will do this once every 3 days or something...

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls