AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 30 36.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-24, 07:56   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Also seems C.C's airtime is directly proportional to the inclusion of pizza. This is not a good sign.
Or - this could be leading up to something being for C.C, maybe she'll have one hell of a scene to make up for how much she hasen't appeared.. one can hope.

Isn't next weeks episode a recap? Kinda strange to have one now.. even more so if this is going to be 26 episodes.
Old 2006-11-24, 08:09   Link #22
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yeah episode 8.5. I wouldn't write it off until it's aired though, it may have additional information or even retell events from a different perspective. Though I suspect it will be a GSD style recap...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 08:58   Link #23
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
So that's what Lelouch meant by 'no longer fighting with terrorism'.
Spoiler:

the next one certainly looks like a recap, and feels like it too. Still, if they keep things fresh enough, I don't see too much harm in it, especially after the magnificence dished out so far.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 10:45   Link #24
SinsI

I wonder if Nina has some tragic event in the past that caused her xenophobia. It seems too overboard to not be so.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 12:13   Link #25
Retsoor

Let's get dangerous.

So Zero essentially tells us that he's not fighting for Japan but against Britannia. It's a good distinction to make early on, especially since his ambitions range far beyond Japan. It was kind of amusing to see that Tamaki, who was the temperamental skeptic in their little group, seems to be the one who is most pleased to be included in Lelouch's new posse. Or maybe he just likes the attention. There will be no shortage of that in the near future, I imagine.

I was quite surprised to see Lelouch give up something about his identity during his conversation, but after a while it seemed reasonable. Even if he disguises himself there's no way he's not giving hints as to who he might be, with that character of his. Showing off to Ougi and Karen in the trailer was classic.

Suzaku again earned some points here, and he definitely doesn't deserve all the lambasting he gets around the Net. Lelouch proved that he isn't just after his father's children, but those who carry his father's legacy. Lloyd was solid again and Diethard's fishing oddly enough made him likable. They're the only ones who appreciate Zero's sense of style.

Did anyone notice Euphemia staring at the end there? Was she worried about the future? Did Lelouch do something to make her want to save him? Or was she just making puppydog eyes at the dashing, daredevil dandy who came, saw, and was victorious, in matters both of flesh and heart?
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 12:44   Link #26
ordnance11

What I find interesting is the development of Shirley x Suzaku plot thread here. Girls do not ask guys to go out with them unless she's interested in them.

Could it be the start of triangle..Yuffie, Shirley and Suzaku?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 13:32   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah episode 8.5. I wouldn't write it off until it's aired though, it may have additional information or even retell events from a different perspective. Though I suspect it will be a GSD style recap...
I plan to rewatch the episodes that have been released next week, so adding a recap to that doesn't seem that bad. Hopefully it'll be a pretty fun recap with Lulu as the narrator. :3
Old 2006-11-24, 17:54   Link #28
Omniscient

Quote:
I think GSD's recaps were even bearable compared to Wolf's Rain's 4-in-a-row, which just completely killed my interest in that series at the time. I can't imagine that GEASS will be doing anything remotely similar, and I'll actually looking closely to see if they add anything interesting into next week.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 21:04   Link #29
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
I think GSD's recaps were even bearable compared to Wolf's Rain's 4-in-a-row, which just completely killed my interest in that series at the time. I can't imagine that GEASS will be doing anything remotely similar, and I'll actually looking closely to see if they add anything interesting into next week.
I do believe the Wolfs-Rain recaps were accidental (something went seriously wrong in production). That's why they released 4 ovas to end the story rather than rush the plot.

The fact that this next episode isn't a part of the official episode count is a good sign. Technically GSD only had one real planned recap episode, with the other four being accidental due to production issues (bearable only because they spread it out more).
Old 2006-11-25, 06:24   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
What I find interesting is the development of Shirley x Suzaku plot thread here. Girls do not ask guys to go out with them unless she's interested in them.

Could it be the start of triangle..Yuffie, Shirley and Suzaku?
well as a stated before i think the pairings would be Yuffie, Shirley and Suzaku and C.C, Kallen and Lulu ^_^

ep8...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 15:54   Link #31
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
oki next ep...8.5!? so it seems its a recap but if lulu is narrating it expect a lot of bias comments heh
Interesting, this makes me wonder who will be doing the narrating. I can make some guesses, its going to be one of those ppl.

1. Lulu - He will be talking about himself (again), he always do that after the end of every episode anyway.

2. C.C - she know EVERYTHING. It won't be far off if the episode will be about her thinking about what Lulu have been through.

3. Some random narrator not in the story - Some random sunrise's style narrating. Please don't do this sunrise.

I am voting for CC to do the thing (in complementary of her being not here in this episode).. She also can spend time eating pizza hut while doing it too!!

lol
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 17:27   Link #32
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
2. C.C - she know EVERYTHING. It won't be far off if the episode will be about her thinking about what Lulu have been through.
Unlikely. For now she's still a complete mystery and since she appears to know a lot of things, I doubt Taniguchi would have her reveal some of her secrets this soon without any buildup. Having her make some comments that have some meaning to her only would only confuse us and would throw the plot off-course.

Heck, aside from the power of Geass and her baffling reappearance, the entire lost civilization thingy, shimmering appearance (when she first appeared to Lelouch) in midair and resurrection parts were snuffed by the current situation, leaving us in a world pretty much devoid of fantasy and supernatural. Only the power of Geass seem to prove that there's more to this world than first assumed - which is why I'm looking forward to the future episodes to see how they'll negotiate the curve towards a more supernatural/fantastic tone, with C.C.'s world.

Returning to the previous topic, it'd be better to have someone that has gone through the whole wringer and witnessed a great majority of the recent events to do the talking - like Suzaku or Lelouch. Lelouch is the the likeliest character in mind since his tale would then be impregnated with his (biased) thoughts on the entire situation, giving us a snapshot of how he perceives the situation.

Either it's that or - excluding, of course, the highly likely and conservatist third person narration - we'll have Suzaku and Lelouch taking turns narrating to show the two facets of the 'war'.
Quote:
who would have thought that the terrorists would take over the tower...and even more surprising is that yuffie is inside O.o
A little too convenient for my taste, too. Had she been there because of a ceremony she had to attend as a member of the Imperial Family, I'd have said 'okay, it's still credible...to an extent' but this coincidence is reaching a little too far for me. I guess the entire point was to have Euphemia meet Zero - but even then, it ended on a pretty much unsatisfying note as we didn't see what happened after Zero drew his gun on her. I guess he ran out of time and was surprised by Suzaku, but...bah.
Quote:
but the terrorists are serious...tossing a guy off the tower is shocking O.o there no other choice for them to be wiped out now...imo that uneccesary act will have their heads off...
Keeping the hostages safe or just pointing a gun to their heads isn't much of an impressive and sound message. Showing that they can truly threaten their safety - in front of a sea of cameras, all emitting live - was the best way for them to press the button further on Britannia and elicit a response from Cornelia.

I'm not making an eulogy of terrorist measures but that was the best way for them (at least I believe, since they were unaware of Euphemia's presence) to get the message truly across. Nevertheless, I fully agree with Toudou about Kusakabe being a dumbass - sacrificing his men just to 'show that Japanese are still fighting' was a completely stupid move and a waste of both resources and human lives. Unless they had an escape route all prepared, it's pretty certain that there was no way out for them and it'd ended with a last stand or a collective suicide to prevent their arrest. Kusakabe didn't fight for the resistance. He just fought for his pride. Hell, he didn't even make demands or whatnot (or so it seems since Cornelia never granted him an answer) - he just wanted to show that the JLF was still alive...

Quote:
dramatic end O.o zero is really making a scene out of himself...wow hes soo cool! strongly gaining points within the two factions and hes even trying to make yuffie into his "bitch" well he will have to get past suzaku first
the black knights huh? well their uniform reminds me of some hard gay fetish
Well, there wasn't any better way to end the whole matter by earning points both among Britannians and Elevens - especially if Lelouch endeavors to take his father's throne. To just kill his estranged relatives like that as Britannia's number one enemy all while advertising the fact that he wants to 'crush Britannia' isn't exactly the best way to pave a safer way to the throne. By proclaiming himself as the enemy of 'those with power who oppress helpless people' he basically says, 'I'm not targetting Britannia per say, just those who mess up with the poor and helpless'. As such, there should technically be less objections to his rise to the throne, especially if he were to reveal his true identity.

And by the way, I'm sure there are still a lot of official documents lying around to prove his relationship to the Emperor. Just look at Lady Di and the British royal family - I don't know how many pictures of them are published every week even if it's just to report that such person had a sprained angle or was walking in the streets like a commoner. I mean, come on, there should be a picture of young Lelouch somewhere, right? Even if people won't draw the link Young Lelouch - Teenage Lelouch and take the hint... So it might be somewhat easier for him to return as an Imperial successor...especially if there's no one left to thwart him.
Quote:
I wonder if Nina has some tragic event in the past that caused her xenophobia. It seems too overboard to not be so.
She was the eyesore of episode 8, really. Or should I say, 'earsore?' I dunno where she got that fear of Elevens (maybe she got mugged one day and retained trauma?) but her behavior really spelled trouble and her hysteria when it comes to Elevens is seriously rising to ridiculous levels. But that's just my own annoyance towards her, never mind that.
Quote:
was quite surprised to see Lelouch give up something about his identity during his conversation, but after a while it seemed reasonable. Even if he disguises himself there's no way he's not giving hints as to who he might be, with that character of his. Showing off to Ougi and Karen in the trailer was classic.
It's true that he's taking an awfully high amount of liberties by disclosing so much information - which, incidentally, should be accessible to only a select few. When Zero introduced himself to Euphemia, it was if he tacitly added an '...again' at the end of his 'sacrificing yourself for the sake of others' - suggesting that he knows her pretty well... I wonder how long she'll take before she comes to the conclusion that Zero might have been part of her entourage a while ago - unless, she concludes herself that he is very well informed and probably has moles inside the family (and its closest friends) itself.
All in all, Lelouch is bound to make errors in the near future and his megalomania is indeed reaching alarming levels, although I guess his calculating mind sort of keeps him in check...for now.
Quote:
I certainly didn't expect Zero to emerge as the people's champion, but it worked for me. Can't wait to see how the Emperor reacts to this.
Unless the Emperor himself decides that Zero is truly a threat to anyone - and his own bloodline, I guess he'll let Zero continue his justice campaign since it adds to the 'competition' he wants to instigate concerning Britannia's evolving society...for the sake of 'progress'.

On a side note, at the beginning of ep6, the Emperor said that he 'had just been talking about it with Clovis'. I don't know how to take this, but if he meant it litterally (that he can somehow talk with the dead, which is not impossible seeing how certain dead people can come back to the world of the living, etc, etc, etc O_x), then we could already assume that Clovis might have, in the same time, already divulged Lelouch's reappearance and his culpability in Clovis' own death. I mean, wouldn't Clovis' spirit raise that point as soon as possible, if that theory proves correct? So it'd basically mean that, estranged son or not, Lelouch is still an eligible successor for the throne since he actually fights (in the Emperor's standpoint, of course) for it - although it's more for revenge than anything else, but you get the message, I guess.

Unless Lelouch makes a direct attempt against the Emperor's life and power, I don't think his father will lift a finger to curtail the Black Knights' actions. Why? Because the consecutive battle falls in line with his own plans for Britannia.
Old 2006-11-25, 17:48   Link #33
LCeh

Episode 8:

Another intense episode. The OST has been amazing, not to mention the way the episode ended and went straight into the ED, which fits the theme of this anime perfectly.

As for the episode itself:

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 23:08   Link #34
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, Nina really gets on my nerves. I hope one of the terrorists shoots and kills her eventually...

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 02:45   Link #35
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
As much as i want her dead, it's unlikely.
She'll probably get that 'transformation,' probably Suzaku doing something good for her, and then she won't be prejudiced anymore. That's just my guess.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 04:36   Link #36
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
nono i think it can go either way...Nina isnt showed to be a major charater so she could be bumped off for being annoying...but tbh i can see her betraying or acting as a spy later on...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 12:32   Link #37
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I was getting a Nina x Millay vibe for a second.

Also, I really enjoyed this episode. It had some interesting insights into Cornelia and Euphie's past, as well as some awesome animation (The sky train was particularly well done.)

Costumes aside, the Order of Black Knights is an interesting element added to the show. Has Lelouch finally realized from his previous encounter that he can't go at Britannia alone? I'm thinking so.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 16:09   Link #38
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Costumes aside, the Order of Black Knights is an interesting element added to the show.
i agree...
naming themselves Knights... just COOL!!
judge the world... COOL!!
OH YEAH!!
on your side Lulu...
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 16:13   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Man, Nina really gets on my nerves. I hope one of the terrorists shoots and kills her eventually...

I am hoping she will be sent to Hinamizawa during thier festival for a school assignment.
Old 2006-11-26, 16:54   Link #40
monstratboy

Now I think we're being harsh on Nina here. Cornella and Jerimiah are prejudice. Nina is dead afraid of Elevens. Why? Most likely 'cause all of the elevens who we see that could stand up for themselves, besides Suzaku, are terrorists and regularly take Britannian civilian hostages and most of the time physically harm them. For all we know Nina's mother probably used to scare Nina saying 'Now Nina dear, if you don't brush your teeth before you go to bed, the gun-wielding terrorist kidnappers who hide in the dark will snatch you away and physically abuse if their impossible demands aren't met.' I only feel pity that she and Nunally had to grow in such a dog eat dog world where they have forever been scarred.....

.....Ahh well, at least they didn't get tossed off a scyscraper, what a first step! That really had to suck. The one thing that made me laugh about this episode is not the actual black knights' costumes, but the fact that Tamaki, the hot headed resistance member, is wearing the uniform unbuttoned and open collar to make himself look cooler! I was expecting him, like Ougi did but with a little more heat, to resist the new outfit, not start his own style while wearing it!

And I really thought Zero would have made his goal as leader clear to his crew before he declared to the world their stance as this new group. I'm still waiting for two of the members to star a the convo- ' There the Boss goes off again posing infront the cameras while preaching about justice.' 'You know what a pompous dandy he is, I'm more upset about these new threads, the straps for for the underwear keep on coming loose.''Don't worry about the dandy's duds, they won't last. With how the Boss' plans usually open with showing up in front of the overpowering enemy empty handed with some surprise to prevent the enemy from shooting you on sight or after boastful banter, after the first time we shit ourselves during the next operation, and if we survive, we'd have an excuse to just toss them.'
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote