AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 07:12   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Any noticiable series in the recent years from Deen? (and no, I don't even try to watch Umineko).
Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th, Amatsuki, Shion no Ou and Simoun have probably been their best of recent years. Considering this is Noitamina and it has the director of Simoun I think this should turn out nicely.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 18:38   Link #42
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Having Deen do this, Im on the fence. Personally I had nothing against Umineko since I never read the VN but I hear from most posters Deen screwed up big time. Deen has done alot of shows I like RuroKen, Tactics, Hetalia, Amatsuki. But theyve also screwed up alot of anime that I did like, Vampire Knight, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Hatenkou Yugi (still havent gotten over that) but I agree with that Noitamina I hope Deen wont screw this up. Problem for me is manga in ongoing on Deen seems to have a issues pulling off decent endings or in some cases following the manga at all...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 21:37   Link #43
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th, Amatsuki, Shion no Ou and Simoun have probably been their best of recent years. Considering this is Noitamina and it has the director of Simoun I think this should turn out nicely.
Ah sorry I was rhetorical
My point is that I can't really see anything slightly impressive in Deen's recent curriculum, just a bunch of mediocre series, often adapted roughly from promising subject (Shion no Ou and Marimite are good examples). Simoun is nice and all but really nothing earthshaking in my opinion... it has his moments yeah, but overall seems to me quite a mess in both direction and storytelling (If I have to choice, Windy Tales is a lot better choice to evaluate Nishimura).
Twelve Kingdoms, from Pierrot, was a series with a low animation budget but the direction was quite competent (and of course the original subject and the musical score amazing ). An well NoitaminA is usual very cheap when we came to animation budget, but still I was expecting someone better for the title I most anticipated (when I read about Mochizuki on Saraiya Goyou I thought he was working on the wrong Ono, too bad).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:12   Link #44
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

If we can't trust DEEN, at least we can trust Aniplex (well i know Aniplex will barely do anything in this project)
In Aniplex we TRUST !!!

Last edited by fertygo; 2010-02-24 at 00:25.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 05:08   Link #45
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
If we can't trust DEEN, at least we can trust Aniplex (well i know Aniplex will barely do anything in this project)
In Aniplex we TRUST !!!
Aniplex supply the budget.
Old 2010-02-24, 05:23   Link #46
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I am on the verge of dropping the manga, so I am not exactly trilled by this announcement.

Will probably watch a few episodes out of curiosity and see how things go from there.
Old 2010-02-24, 06:02   Link #47
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
They aren't so bad. I'm still hoping they'd do Jigoku Shoujo 4.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 14:27   Link #48
Irkalla
I asked for this

So who is Gackt voicing, somebody important? I'd totally check it out just because of that
Old 2010-02-24, 16:51   Link #49
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Uggh gackt wth.....man well i hope they at least have decent director
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 05:35   Link #50
Weils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
So who is Gackt voicing, somebody important? I'd totally check it out just because of that
He voices the father of Sunako Kirishiki, the SLE girl.
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 11:55   Link #51
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
He voices the father of Sunako Kirishiki, the SLE girl.
So I guess that means it's a minor role? Oh well, still something.
Old 2010-03-02, 13:08   Link #52
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
According to 2ch (so not official source), Deen will animate Shiki.
I doubt that it's going animated by DEEN. It doesn't looks like DEEN's usual style at all. But man, 2ch rumors were always true.... Hopefully this time it's fake. :P Honestly to say, I think Production I.G is behind anime.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 14:03   Link #53
Katapan
俺様祭り

Actually, other posts on 2ch from pretty reliable sources (or so I've read) suggest that the aforementioned rumor is wrong, and that Xebec is going to animate Shiki. I can't even provide you with a link though sooo my post is obviously not to take as confirmed information.

...and I'm not sure how I'd feel about this, since it'd probably rule out the possibility of having Nishimura Junji as the director... but I'll try not to think about it too much, there are too many rumors floating around at the moment.
Old 2010-03-02, 15:33   Link #54
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Actually, other posts on 2ch from pretty reliable sources (or so I've read) suggest that the aforementioned rumor is wrong, and that Xebec is going to animate Shiki. I can't even provide you with a link though sooo my post is obviously not to take as confirmed information.
Yeah, I know that 2ch is pretty reliable sources. Come to think, Xebec might animated really animated Shiki. Kinda reminds me their hair style but background looks more like handled by Production I.G. Anyway, I dunno. But hopefully it's not animated by DEEN. I really pessimistic in them right now.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 19:17   Link #55
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
...and I'm not sure how I'd feel about this, since it'd probably rule out the possibility of having Nishimura Junji as the director... but I'll try not to think about it too much, there are too many rumors floating around at the moment.
I've also read this and Takao Kato as director. It's surprising but I wonder if it's possible since they've to deal first with Break Blade movies.
However you're right we shouldn't think about it and rather wait for an update or a scan.
Old 2010-03-02, 23:59   Link #56
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

If it is by Xebec I hope they get their standards up I was not impressed by Pandora Hearts animation quality. It looks like I.G style to me.... It doesn't look like Xebec from the trailer...

Also I noticed Aniplex is in on this. Has DEEN ever gone in with them on anything? A list of shows here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ny.php?id=1257 none pop out as DEEN >.>
Old 2010-03-03, 00:13   Link #57
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post

Also I noticed Aniplex is in on this. Has DEEN ever gone in with them on anything? A list of shows here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ny.php?id=1257 none pop out as DEEN >.>
Well, there's King Bandit Jing, Hell Girl, and Read or Die for example.
Old 2010-03-03, 00:28   Link #58
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Well, there's King Bandit Jing, Hell Girl, and Read or Die for example.
LOL just noticed after the fact XD
Old 2010-03-03, 09:54   Link #59
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
If it is by Xebec I hope they get their standards up I was not impressed by Pandora Hearts animation quality. It looks like I.G style to me.... It doesn't look like Xebec from the trailer...
Yeah it's not like going from DEEN to XEBEC is any sort of improvement lol. Maybe this is a XEBEC & I.G co production similar to the upcoming 6 movie long series Break Blade?
Old 2010-03-03, 11:05   Link #60
kyouray
2D > 3D

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-4799.html

According to this scan, it's a Daume (童夢) production.
It seems director is Tetsuro AMINO (アミノテツロ).

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire