AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-26, 11:33   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Character Discussion - Franky

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Franky related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Franky fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 15:15   Link #2
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
FRANKY VIRGINITY!

Now that that's taken care of...

Spoiler for Latest Chapter Details:

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 16:24   Link #3
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
FRANKY VIRGINITY!

Now that that's taken care of...

Spoiler for Latest Chapter Details:
And sending franky to do it... Well, he's the best engineer the strawhats have, so who better to do this? He may even "borrow" some of this technology as an upgrade.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 17:01   Link #4
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Yes!!! I claim this thread for Medico Mechanica!!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!
Spoiler for FRANKY!:

Now, first of all, the Strawhat Pirates all seem to be gaining up a lot of strength and are getting a lot better at what they do. I want to know how Franky is going to get better... with Modifications or something? Meh... I just hope he doesn't have weird mechanical crap sticking out of his body.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 19:37   Link #5
Rainbowman

Now I have a question involving Franky; We all know cola is his feul source and when Franky has something else as feul like Tea or Vegetable Juice he maintains different hairstyles. So my question is: What would happen if Franky were given other drinks for his feul? For example:

Milk
Water
Beer or any other alcoholic drink
Root Beer Soda or any other soda
Orange Juice or any other fruit juice
Vegetable Oil or any other oil including motor oil
Coffee
Any drink that's boiling hot
Any drink that's freezing cold
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 20:31   Link #6
ellifeedn
Thinker

The way I see it, Franky's fuel is cola because the sugar and chemicals in it make him hyper (or "super") and the carbonation generates his attacks, like the Coup de Vent. His mood and personality may very well depend on what is in the drink he uses as fuel, but his hair is a mystery all on its own.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 10:10   Link #7
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The way I see it, Franky's fuel is cola because the sugar and chemicals in it make him hyper (or "super") and the carbonation generates his attacks, like the Coup de Vent. His mood and personality may very well depend on what is in the drink he uses as fuel, but his hair is a mystery all on its own.
Hehee...
Good reasoning, but if you actually read Franky's wiki entry it states that some of his favorite foods are fast foods (burgers, fries, and of course cola).

I bring this up simply to point out Franky's most obvious contrast, Popeye the Sailor.

Who needs spinach when you have junk-food?

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 12:44   Link #8
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Now I have a question involving Franky; We all know cola is his feul source and when Franky has something else as feul like Tea or Vegetable Juice he maintains different hairstyles. So my question is: What would happen if Franky were given other drinks for his feul? For example:

Milk
Water
Beer or any other alcoholic drink
Root Beer Soda or any other soda
Orange Juice or any other fruit juice
Vegetable Oil or any other oil including motor oil
Coffee
Any drink that's boiling hot
Any drink that's freezing cold
Remember what he said to chopper in that scene: Don't even think about trying other things just to see what would happen!
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 14:49   Link #9
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Hehee...
Good reasoning, but if you actually read Franky's wiki entry it states that some of his favorite foods are fast foods (burgers, fries, and of course cola).

I bring this up simply to point out Franky's most obvious contrast, Popeye the Sailor.

Who needs spinach when you have junk-food?
I actually want to hear the Popeye Theme song trumpets play as he drinks cola.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 06:37   Link #10
michael889vintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Remember what he said to chopper in that scene: Don't even think about trying other things just to see what would happen!
Yeah he kept trying. the drink that powers him up affects his personality.
maybe during the later arcs where the enemies are way stronger, he would discover a drink that powers him up more than cola. At least it shows he has a room for improvement.
michael889vintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 19:40   Link #11
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I got to say, The new look of time-skip Franky for me is a big step backwards. I liked him as is pre-time skip self. But the other upgrades for a cyborg are not bad. Also the Nose button press to change hairstyle is wacky but cool, But nothing beats his original hairstyle.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 08:51   Link #12
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yeah, Franky is the one whose looks suffered the most after the timeskip.

Luffy - pretty much the same.
Zoro - not a fan of him missing one eye
Robin - new hairstyle looks awful.
Nami - long hair but differently from Robin her new hairstyle fits her just fine.
Chopper - pretty much the same.
Brooks - ditched the gentleman looks and went with funk - I slightly preferred his old looks but new ones aint bad either.
Sanji - looks good.
Franky - looks terrible.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 15:16   Link #13
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Nami - long hair but differently from Robin her new hairstyle fits her just fine.
Brooks - ditched the gentleman looks and went with funk - I slightly preferred his old looks but new ones aint bad either.
Sanji - looks good.
Franky - looks terrible.
It's like those moments you facepalm at the stupidity of things. What the Author may consider improvements, I'd call downgrading lol. Rather then just the looks of Franky I think it's a case of Characterization marches on as well. He seems to act differently imo.

As for Robin she looked a lot better pre-time skip for sure, something that I'll always prefer but recently she's began to closely resemble her past-self. But it's not enough lol.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 08:45   Link #14
KingEagle4

Franky is my favourite character, but why does he hardly ever get on-screen fights?
KingEagle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 07:25   Link #15
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Sanji - looks good.
Franky - looks terrible.
hey, Franky was upgraded that much and you call it terrible? don't forget the nipple flaslight

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 23:28   Link #16
ayanami0000
Banned

Are you a fan of Franky? If so, why?

I'm not really a fan of Franky. That was until I saw him holding Baby 5 and Buffalo at Punk Hazard by himself. Not only that, he held Señor Pink and some of the marines too. He's really a tough guy. That being said, I'm now a fan. Suuuuuuuuppperrr
ayanami0000 is offline   Reply With Quote