AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 00:43   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Arrow Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episodes 1-4 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Episodes 1-4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:06   Link #2
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so who's the mechanical designer that made the mechas in ep 4?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-11-01, 07:33   Link #3
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Best thing to happen so far today YAY oh happiness
Old 2011-11-02, 08:03   Link #4
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Just watched episode 4. I'd say it was a step lower in quality than the previous episodes, unfortunately. I'm not interested in any of the new additions to the cast, except maybe the scientist girl - the Mecha scene had me chuckling. Just typical my roommate would walk past the lounge room I was watching it in just as she was narrating it...

I want to see more of Sena and Yozora, so I'm kind of glad they introduced all of the new additions at the same time to get it out of the way, maybe now they'll go back to focusing on those two with the others as just background noise. Though I would prefer it without the background noise in the first place.

I'm curious about Yukimura. I presumed it was a girl, even after hearing her story - just one that wants to fulfill her parent's desire to have a son, but is it really a trap? I don't know. I'm going to go ahead and continue believing it's a girl.

So this episode was a bad sign of things to come - but I was dreading the introduction of the other girls from the OP already, and I'd say it was less painful than I was expecting. I'm dubious about the coming episodes tough. Fingers crossed.

<3 Sena.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:33   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... after watching ep 4 I have to agree with the general assessment of rethice ... *sigh*

Oh well. Maybe I will watch it in full when the series finishes airing.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:02   Link #6
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
I'm curious about Yukimura. I presumed it was a girl, even after hearing her story - just one that wants to fulfill her parent's desire to have a son, but is it really a trap? I don't know. I'm going to go ahead and continue believing it's a girl.
Yes, Yukimura is the Hideyoshi of BokuTomo

As was said when he/she/it joined the club, he wants to become more "manly" under Kodaka's lead - he apparently regards Kodaka with his Yankee thug image as very manly... but that's just him.

Yozora of course started trolling again and put him in a maid outfit, saying that a manly man will even show his manliness in a cute female dress, and naive Yukimura fell for it XD
Old 2011-11-03, 00:16   Link #7
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Yozora of course started trolling again and put him in a maid outfit, saying that a manly man will even show his manliness in a cute female dress, and naive Yukimura fell for it XD
thats what we call trollscience
Old 2011-11-03, 15:51   Link #8
Subaru-sama
Tsundere Oppai Fan.

Send a message via MSN to Subaru-sama
Yukimura is like Hideyoshi in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.
Both are androgynous, and the author of the anime will try to explore their feminine side.

Sorry. My English is not too good for conversation.

Made by Mangatron.
Old 2011-11-14, 00:33   Link #9
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Finally, Funimation put up more subs. Episode three was okay and can I just say that I adore Kodaka's sister? She's eally cute/amusing.

As for episode four, eh. Love Maria and to an extent Yukimara. Don't really like Rika though so the parts focusig on her kind of aoyyed me but the others made up for it, I think.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2011-11-14, 06:13   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Of all the girls( w/ the trap too?!), I find the "vampire sister" amusing! She goes around doing that pose then exposing her red eye (argh!), with the anime lines (ah!). KAWAII!!!!
Old 2011-11-28, 03:07   Link #11
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Who wants to see the "Tokimeki Memorial" Parody in Episode 2 Made into an actual game?

I wanna take Yukiko-chan home with me too, Sena!! Even if she IS a Nagato copy!!
Old 2011-11-28, 05:09   Link #12
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Who wants to see the "Tokimeki Memorial" Parody in Episode 2 Made into an actual game?
It is going to be released as an actual game
But it's an exclusive bonus game included if you buy the special Zannen Box of Haganai Portable

Old 2011-12-11, 12:39   Link #13
Hassou Tobi

Did anyone else notice that the character designs in the Tokimeki Memorial parody seem to have been done by the HaGaNai manga's artist? The art style is extremely similar.
Old 2011-12-11, 23:03   Link #14
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi View Post
Did anyone else notice that the character designs in the Tokimeki Memorial parody seem to have been done by the HaGaNai manga's artist? The art style is extremely similar.
Just ordered the special edition!!

And the best thing even though the "running commentary" with the aruging duo of the neighbours club CAN be present throughout the game, you have the option of turning it OFF so you can play Kirameki School Life as a straight romantic game without hearing hearing and seeing Yozora's ugly voice and face!! Yahoo!!
Old 2011-12-13, 00:56   Link #15
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

No, the running commentary is the funniest part! It's like watching MST3K without Joel and the robots.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-13, 02:44   Link #16
Iron Maw
Banned

This is really weird, even though I enjoyed reading the manga, the first couples episode have been dry for me. Maybe it's because I have read the source material already, but that still doesn't account for art being really meh and the lackluster pacing. As of now Rika is probably the biggest draw for me. I will keep watching a bit more in hopes of some improvement.

The OP and ED are also pretty terrible.
Old 2011-12-14, 20:33   Link #17
xDisturbedjeans
Likes2BlogUrAnimeNeeds

I know its a little late poting this, but if your interested i made a video on my first impression of the series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDeg...layer_embedded

honestly though i kinda get the haruhi suzimiya feeling of this series and it is likeable.
Closed Thread