Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 12:48   Link #281
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
So which is it?

So Kirie can't see/interact with her but is aware of her? Only way to close the plot gap that I see.
Well...the whole thing about Kirie being able to see Yuuko is basically the whole point of 2 or 3 chapters (possibly 2 episodes). However the anime shows the time after these series of events and that she can see Yuuko.

It's understandable that some would be confused and others displeased since this messes the plot up slightly. (Being a manga reader it didn't affect me, but I did realize it would affect others immediately)

Personally I believe they should have just made the whole episode without Kirie at all.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 12:52   Link #282
00Coyote

Quote:
So which is it?

So Kirie can't see/interact with her but is aware of her? Only way to close the plot gap that I see.
Kirie, for various reasons, tries to ignore and distance herself from Yuuko, but she can definitely see, hear and interact with Yuuko.

The line inside the elevator was a artifact left over from when they re-arranged the order of events. I assume they didn't change the dialogue because it made the whole conversation more intimate, if not exactly accurate.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 12:55   Link #283
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I find it comedy gold of how people like to put words into people's mouth and like to cherry pick and ignore entire posts. When did I ever say Another or Shiki or Ghost Hunt were the epitotome of perfect dark mystery/horror
I never even mentioned you in my post. Go figure.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:14   Link #284
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Kirie, for various reasons, tries to ignore and distance herself from Yuuko, but she can definitely see, hear and interact with Yuuko.

The line inside the elevator was a artifact left over from when they re-arranged the order of events. I assume they didn't change the dialogue because it made the whole conversation more intimate, if not exactly accurate.
Honestly, one could interpt that Yuuko didn't want to count Kirie becasue she's obsessed with Niiya - at this point, she only wants Niiya's attentions an for all of his attentions to be focused on her. For Yuuko, interacting with Kirie does nothing for her since she has Niiya. And also, they annoy each other...

It's not that serious (Yuuko mentioning that only Niiya can interact with her) and it's not something that one can rationalize away without thinking too hard on it...
Spoiler for Allusion to future event:
Old 2012-04-10, 13:31   Link #285
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well...the whole thing about Kirie being able to see Yuuko is basically the whole point of 2 or 3 chapters (possibly 2 episodes). However the anime shows the time after these series of events and that she can see Yuuko.

It's understandable that some would be confused and others displeased since this messes the plot up slightly. (Being a manga reader it didn't affect me, but I did realize it would affect others immediately)

Personally I believe they should have just made the whole episode without Kirie at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post

Ah, damn it. I shouldn't have read this thread. If no one pointed it out, the awareness-challenged me would not have noticed. xD
Old 2012-04-10, 13:41   Link #286
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Ah, damn it. I shouldn't have read this thread. If no one pointed it out, the awareness-challenged me would not have noticed. xD
No need to thank us citizen! Up, Up and Away! *flies away in tights and a cape*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 13:58   Link #287
Random Wanderer

It's really quite easy to just think of it as Yuuko not thinking of Kirie as someone she can spend time with like that. If Kirie had her way, she wouldn't have anything to do with Yuuko. So even with Kirie around, Teiichi really is the only one Yuuko can be close to. It also doesn't hurt that she fell in love with him fairly quickly after they met.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 14:29   Link #288
Dr. Casey

Alright, I'm watching the episode now. Five minutes into it, just felt like commenting that holy mother of fuck Kirie's expression scared me. First time I can recall an anime actually making me gasp, and it was mostly just a comedy bit. And Blonde Girl being completely oblivious to all the supernatural activity going on around her at the beginning was cute.

Welp, back to the episode then.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 14:56   Link #289
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
If Kirie had her way, she wouldn't have anything to do with Yuuko.
It did seem like she was trying to be as oblivious of Yuuko as possible, which only added to my confusion.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 16:35   Link #290
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
It did seem like she was trying to be as oblivious of Yuuko as possible, which only added to my confusion.
I didn't see that at all, she was commenting about Teichi and Yuuko flirting and reacting to what Yuuko was doing.

It is difficult to say what is going on with Kirie without major spoilage unfortunately, I am beginning to think it probably would have been better if they left her out this first chapter though
Old 2012-04-10, 17:02   Link #291
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Oh here is the ghost girl anime I mistook for Sankarea. Anyways, it was an okay first episode, but I never liked the manga, so I don't know if I'll stick with it.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 17:17   Link #292
chaos_animagic

Actually...
Spoiler for see:

But for now... Niiya and Kirie is just "special"

And I love Yuuko and her little pranks... LOL (NEKOMIMI) LOL...

BTW... I just noticed now... lately... most animes that came out last and this season... have alot of undead/ ghost theme... LOL

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-04-10 at 17:31.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 17:33   Link #293
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Spoiler for see:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-10, 17:33   Link #294
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Oh here is the ghost girl anime I mistook for Sankarea. Anyways, it was an okay first episode, but I never liked the manga, so I don't know if I'll stick with it.
That is funny I feel the same way about Sankarea lol
Old 2012-04-10, 18:08   Link #295
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
If you didn't like the manga chances are you might not like the anime as well. The anime may be of a different medium but the core elements and plot will still be present. But I could be wrong and you might be one of the rare people to like the anime adaptation over the original source material.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:17   Link #296
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I agree with some guys here that this series should have had follow Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai of first having an episode 0. I bet there won't be any confusion to the guys who didn't even read the original source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
If you didn't like the manga chances are you might not like the anime as well. The anime may be of a different medium but the core elements and plot will still be present. But I could be wrong and you might be one of the rare people to like the anime adaptation over the original source material.
Whenever I read this, I remember Seto no Hanayome. I liked the anime adaptation more compare to the original source(manga).
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:36   Link #297
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
MM, but Haganai Episode 0 was taken as a separate OVA that was made for fans; it wasn't broadcasted as part of the main series. It wasn't to introduce the series to people. And even in retrospect, I didn't like it too much despite the irony it gives.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 19:41   Link #298
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I agree with some guys here that this series should have had follow Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai of first having an episode 0. I bet there won't be any confusion to the guys who didn't even read the original source.
But Haganai's episode 0 is actually taken from the source material, so it's nicely structured "by default". This actual first episode of Amnesia did tried to dub as an episode 0 since pretty much all of the rules about Yuuko where implicit, along with the fact that there is a club with paranormal activities and every character was present; but it could have certainly being a lot clearer (such as, the narration giving small profiles for each character with details and such).
Old 2012-04-10, 19:52   Link #299
kitten320

Don't get whole problem here. Kirie can clearly see Yuuko, all her comments were aimed at her and Yuuko's actions!

Yuuko might not know that she sees her.
Old 2012-04-10, 19:56   Link #300
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Don't get whole problem here. Kirie can clearly see Yuuko, all her comments were aimed at her and Yuuko's actions!

Yuuko might not know that she sees her.
No no, the only oblivious one here is Momoe. The other three are all aware of what each of them can and can't see.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural