AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-11, 03:57   Link #181
Likely

i love hajime no ippo. but i dont entirely like the way the author choose to portray it. there are many ways to include everything the author wants to show in these fights without having to drag it out for so long. i mean really, some of these fights go on forever. this is one of those mangas where you have to stop reading for years at a time, and then read it in one go to get the maximum enjoyment from it. remember ippo's fight with that magic guy? the guy the the loose gloves? that fight literally took a year didnt it? i mean sheesh. it would be nice to have some consideration for your readers.

one can compare ippo's pacing to kenichi, a similair shonen with equally good story-telling. but with kenichi, the author wraps up fights in one chapter and continues with his story. he doesnt rely on the details of the fights to sustain his story, and yet it all works out fine even as kenichi uses each of his new moves. even if a fight has been built up to a grand matchup that concludes an entire season (there have been two) the author only needs about three chapters and they are done, without losing any impact on the fighting techniques or the story.

i might be comparing apples and oranges here, but come on. entire chapters are devoted to portraying one idea in a boxing match. and then the next chapter will show the idea being executed, and then the subsequent one reveals how it played out (usually fail) before the fight moves on. it would be nice if morikawa shortened the fights a bit. the best things about ippo happen in-between the fights anyway, when the plot moves.
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 17:41   Link #182
kakakka

I have two things to say
Spoiler for In case THEY ARE STILL IN NEED OF SPOILERS:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 17:54   Link #183
Fran~
floating away...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-11, 18:02   Link #184
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

What was the point of this chapter again? Why couldn't the mangaka finish last chapter with the same punch from this chapter? This is the problem with Hajime no Ippo too many unnecessary things that could be easily left out. I have a feeling that this manga will last another 20years at this pace, but still this is fun manga to read.
Old 2009-03-11, 18:11   Link #185
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
This is Hajime no Ippo
To be honest, if I was reading this for longer year, I could have realized that. The problem is, I just got into this last year, so sorry if my comment is so out of place in HnI universe
Old 2009-03-11, 20:06   Link #186
Fran~
floating away...

It's ok... besides, im sorry too if i was a little repetitive with the "this is sports manga" speech

but... HnI is this way and Morikawa is writting this for so long that is predictable. But this is about the ride, because the end is obvious (If Morikawa really wants end it, because he can continue writting HnI forever ).

If you are watching HnI: New Challenger, you will see a scene between Ippo and Date and you can helped it but already notice the result of a lot of fights (until Ippo fight against Martinez at least).
Old 2009-03-11, 21:07   Link #187
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

in a sense Miyata just used Date's shot but in a different situtation. the screw blow did damage. just like how it was explained. now what will be intresting is that Miyata is going to be out for a long time, i think he might even relinquish the title. and Ippo is no.1 seed for the OPBF, so is he gonna fight the no.2 or 3 seed for the title or is he gonna keep his J-belt until the champions carnival. cause Manbu is gonna probly enter as a serious contender now and IMO i think the coach wants to ready Ippo for the world. so i'm thinking he might start Ippo against world rankers insted of going for the OPBF. ippo has proved that he can handle the OPBF region by beating the featherweight champs. and i'm sure that others who are below him in rank would't mind fighting him. this could be his training for the world and Martinez.
Old 2009-03-11, 21:25   Link #188
BanishingBook

ugliest ending to a fight, miracle gag took effect!
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 22:37   Link #189
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Lighting lolz. LAME...

Hoping now the damage on Miyata will put him out of action for awhile, Iam SICK of his face.
Old 2009-03-11, 23:25   Link #190
gonzo562

just read the current chapter diappointed with

Spoiler for fight:
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 23:32   Link #191
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Disappointed. Even though I knew that Miyata should win for Ippo's sake, I was secretly hoping that he would lose, to open the path for Ippo to new challengers. Now, he will still continue to be the main focal point in Ippo's heart, and the story. Hooray for Japan at the end.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 04:55   Link #192
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Let's just hope RBJ doesn't have a brother or cousin plot hole in the mix that will take revenge on his side who is more powerful than him.
Old 2009-03-12, 05:00   Link #193
BanishingBook

hoping randy is back on the ropes to fight again. go asura!
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 02:26   Link #194
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Randy has done nothing to warrant the title of "Asura". Probably the worst fight in a looong time, was hyped to hell and fell flat on it's face. Get back to Takamura please...
Old 2009-03-13, 08:29   Link #195
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The crowd maybe cheering on the manga, but more of the readers are booing on the lame end.
Old 2009-03-13, 08:57   Link #196
kakakka

Isn't Takamura fight next? I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2009-03-13, 09:27   Link #197
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
takumara fight will probably end in a round 1 knockout

so im guessing after takumara fight is manabu fighting in the class a tournement which has some pretty tough opponents and should be interesting. After that we got mashiba come back fight

then finally either ippo fighting another fighter in the opbf region ,a work ranker, or miyata.

its also possible for a ippo and manabu confrontation since if manabu wins the class a tournement he has the rights to fight ippo but he would have to join a different gym

this manga definitely not gonna be ending soon another 10 years incoming
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 09:34   Link #198
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The crowd maybe cheering on the manga, but more of the readers are booing on the lame end.
This is simple... is not good to generalize... probably Miyata shares the same spot that characters like Sasuke, i mean, in the eye of the reader is a lame character, but, Ippo (and Naruto) can't exist without them... that's why both are plot protected. Miyata could loose at the beggining (against Mashiba) but in this fight, he couldn't loose.

I learn to deal with that... probably RBJ Vs. Ippo is a most cool fight, but it goes against Morikawa's work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
1 Hit KO... probably...
Old 2009-03-13, 12:25   Link #199
kakakka

Quote:
I learn to deal with that... probably RBJ Vs. Ippo is a most cool fight, but it goes against Morikawa's work.
Its going to be Mashiba vs. Ippo all over again

Seriously, what I complain about was the lame conclusion/end of fight scene. So rushed. Then again, if they planned to make this better, it would take more chapters.

Quote:
1 Hit KO... probably...
I could see that actually. The main fight was Miyata vs. RBJ. The next fight would be a breeze
Old 2009-03-13, 20:07   Link #200
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
probably RBJ Vs. Ippo is a most cool fight, but it goes against Morikawa's work.
You know, that would've been an amazing fight......

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports