AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-08-21, 19:20   Link #61
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Personally I don't care for Ayumi's voice... I think some of her songs are ok, but her voice bugs me. She sounds like it's a big strain for her or something. I could tell you what my brother said when he heard her...but I'll use my better judgment and not say.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 19:46   Link #62
SailorMoon4ever

For a while I was really into Ayu-chan I own about 20+ singles and all her soundtracks before 2003... I kinda got tired of her.But I still agree her voice is what drew me in first song I heard was Dearest which was at the end credits of inuyasha 50+ I think.
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 23:09   Link #63
Spyderz

the earlier albums for ayu was quite catchy,but after that got quite repetitive
then came hikki,i think i just became her die-hard fan
oh well i still listen to BoA and Do as Infinity and Morning Musume
but seems like now its the Korean craze for S.E Asia,i cant find any japanese drama serials on tv!!lots of korean serials
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 10:33   Link #64
divarication
zoom zoom zoom

Send a message via AIM to divarication
i enjoy Ayumi Hamasaki--in moderation. i even enjoy some of the tracks off her recent album (though her older songs were better). i was going to say that i enjoyed Utada Hikaru better, but then she released that rap/r&b english album and really killed my opinion of her. so, Ayumi Hamasaki gets my vote by default
divarication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 14:01   Link #65
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
i love ayumi i have all her dvds and cds...but when she talks it kinda sounds childish...i like utada hikaru too and koda kumi but i like ayus voice better =P
full_metal_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 18:15   Link #66
rurichan

I don 't like Ayumi. Some of her older songs are ok but her voice is anoying. Ayu cant sing. She squeaks and cracks makes me cringe. Namie amuro is much better singer her voice is nice and its not anoying like ayumi voice.
rurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 00:12   Link #67
Devin

In my opinion, Utada Hikaru> all other asian pop stars. I think she has the best vocal skills, and the other j-pop stars just pale in comparison to her voice. Sure, they might be better looking than her, but i'd think singing talent comes before looks if you are a singer.

I've heard Ayu's songs, and i don't like them at all. Her voice is just so flat and plain. I mean, wasn't she a model before she was a singer? (typical qualifications for an idel maybe?) Utada has that soulful flavor to her voice. I hope she makes it big in the U.S. with her upcoming album, then she'd make history as the first Asian singer, regardless of genres, to hit the mainstream in the U.S. music industry.
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 03:06   Link #68
Jamila Kamilah

Anyways, I agree with Mcdonalds on the song structure, I noticed. Cool name by the way. Sorry, off topic. But I like Ayumi Hamasaki, and for any of you who don't like her, it's fine, I'm sure you know some things I certainly wouldn't know. But hey, it's an opinion. I just admire the way she says that she puts in all of her feelings into the song, not just some random stuff about love depression.

I also find that she has some fashion sense-well, most of the japanese people I think do, but I find it different from here. North America. Her clothes may get outrageous, but I still find that they have class, and that she just doesn't go around wearing less and less-like North America. Her videos are really entertaining to me as well, it's like a mini movie, although I haven't seen her dance much-choreography something like it-but it doesn't really matter to me.

As for being pretty? I love her eyes. There. I actually admitted that. I feel pathetic. Yes, I consider her pretty, she should be, right, or else she wouldn't have made it into the entertainment industry, where it's all about looks. ( was thinking from a stereotypical point of view )

Oh, and I also agree with rEkKaShInObI - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

LOL

Oh, and I also like BoA...Hehe, what can I say??
Jamila Kamilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 08:43   Link #69
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
yea she can be high pitch sometimes.. but that doesnt mean you should assume all her songs are bad ,for those who doesnt appeal to her. She has a great voice especially in her promo commercials!...

try watching her videos like Rainbow (ballad wake up japan one ), and You (the slow version) and listen to You (northern Breeze...., need to know where you can purchase this one PM me. )

ok and for those who do like her... Any one heard of HAL.??.. i downloaded the video a while ago and forgot the song title. I thought that was Ayumi or something, sounds almost alike...realizing that shes not her but she sings rather good.

Last edited by Shoeshefied; 2004-10-17 at 09:15.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 10:48   Link #70
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I do agree Ayu has to many high pitched, maybe she loves mozart high c symphonies ..hehe but she is famous makes more money than i would ever make in a lifetime hehe maybe she needs some music lessons
I am not a great fan but she has great songs even though they squeak and crack in them hehehe LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurichan
I don 't like Ayumi. Some of her older songs are ok but her voice is anoying. Ayu cant sing. She squeaks and cracks makes me cringe. Namie amuro is much better singer her voice is nice and its not anoying like ayumi voice.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:51   Link #71
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Ayumi Hamasaki- My Story Classical- HELP!!!

I'm not a big Ayumi Hamasaki fan, but the arrangements on her My Story Classical album are breathtaking. Does anybody know who arranged them? *crosses fingers* I've searched the web a bit and come up with zilch.
Old 2007-01-25, 12:10   Link #72
CTU:AGENT_HOGAN

I dont like ayumi hamasaki "she b-o-r-i-ng to me"

Well i must pissoff one half of this room LOL

But she is great and she accomplish alot in her career

She got hit and hit from her cd and live dvd
She open her her owned store " they last time i check is was not doing so well "
She got her own show "Ayu tv - but is got axe "
She got even a magazine

"she did alot"

but i fell that she awsome but she boring to me and i will move on to other jpop and jrock star she have a good run going but for me i'm done with her and i going to move on

but also i think "personaly" she should retired in the 5 to 10 years she can still make money even when she is retired "she will get money from her dvd and cd sale"
CTU:AGENT_HOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 12:39   Link #73
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Hmmm......

Different folks, different strokes. I'm not too fond of her work either, but making a thread to demote her work is wrong. Now if you hold grudge against her, and state the reason, I might be incline to side with you but, for now, I have to say this thread is useless.
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:39   Link #74
CTU:AGENT_HOGAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitto-chan View Post
Hmmm......

Different folks, different strokes. I'm not too fond of her work either, but making a thread to demote her work is wrong. Now if you hold grudge against her, and state the reason, I might be incline to side with you but, for now, I have to say this thread is useless.

nO nO nO !

you got it all backward " "

i dont have axe to grind or a saber in her back but i saying she is just boring to me that all "i have my right for my opion"

is a free country the last time i check
CTU:AGENT_HOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 12:45   Link #75
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Ur right I didn't mean to say you were demoting her work. Just that post seemed that way. And yes, you may voice your opinion like I do. After all the saying goes "opinions are like @sshole, everyone has one" .
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 01:24   Link #76
tetsuo69

she really good and i like her alot more than utada and boa(eww) XD
my fav would be ayu/hyde/gackt/luna sea/L arc en ciel/Aucifer/alice nine
Old 2007-01-28, 10:36   Link #77
Flame-X
Anti-fan

she's got some catchy tunes but her voice gets a little annoying after a while
Old 2007-01-28, 22:28   Link #78
Bmo0

Send a message via MSN to Bmo0
Ayu

Well personally i really liked (miss)understood...but thats about it. Wasn't too into Secret or her latest singles.
Bmo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 13:44   Link #79
Question
Crossdresser

I much prefer her old classical/pop songs. Im not found of most of her rock songs, and she has way too many remixes. Seriously. That and if i go to a CD shop most of the ayumi CDs there have the same tracks mixed with each other.....you see one track on up to half a dozen CDs.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 22:21   Link #80
Xiithros
死神の血まみれ

I love Ayumi...she sounds very elegant in my opinion. However, I am not very fond of the background music and melodies she sings to
Xiithros is offline   Reply With Quote