AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 32 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-31, 19:34   Link #81
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Oh hell I had to completely pause the show Minorin's expression made me crack up that bad...Just wth WAS that.

Aha putting that aside great episode overall...Some nice RyuxTaiga subtle moments and a fun new character thrown into the mix.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-10-31, 20:05   Link #82
Falkor

The episode went by a bit too fast, but the pacing felt just about right. I must say that this is probably the best effort to portray a character from the novel (the manga is not quite there yet), considering, in my opinion, the different traits that make Ami’s personality so special—her strange, yet subtly conceited pattern of speech and her true, slightly obnoxious character.

So, they’ve started to adapt the second volume of the novel—which I had the opportunity to read—and to be sincere, I’m not really sure whether they’ve skipped some important stuff in the first half, though I noticed some changes here and there. Hopefully, they won’t do something similar to what they did to episode 02, but I’m not sure of that either. They can cut some character development here, compress some scenes there, and fit the rest of the second volume into the next episode.
Old 2008-10-31, 20:35   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
seriously though tell me the results of your fansub investigation. i like to follow a single fansubber for a series so GG dropping it means i have to redownload everything with a new group...
I posted a review of the fansubs that appear to be seriously doing the entire series in the generic thread. If the others catch up or backfill, I'll add some opinions on them as well.
Old 2008-10-31, 20:57   Link #84
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So... why does Taiga have nunchucks in her locker? Are weapons allowed in school?
Old 2008-10-31, 21:31   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So... why does Taiga have nunchucks in her locker? Are weapons allowed in school?
We'll call that "artistic license" Since some japanese schools have kendo, archery, judo, etc --- yeah there are practice weapons about (though in reality probably kept locked in their club rooms).

Ya know, until about the late 70s... it wasn't unusual for high school kids to have their rifles and shotguns in their cars and trucks on school property in the US. They were either for heading to the target range, riflery, skeet, or just plain going hunting after class.
Old 2008-10-31, 22:54   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

She must been a real violent girl to own weapons like these.

I bet she must be a relation of Sagat from the Street Fighter series.
Old 2008-11-01, 00:33   Link #87
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Sagat? No. Betcha her father's M. Bison though, and she's only doing the flying kicks in the anime because she can't do his move yet... although this doesn't explain the Drago--Taiga UPPERCUT from earlier episodes. That, and she pulled a Blanka move with that TAIGA SLAPPU. Because, y'know, it sure wasn't a Brightslap.
Old 2008-11-01, 02:04   Link #88
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

well i'm not really violent (never even attempted to punch someone) but i own a nunchuk, a souvenir wakizashi (meaning it's dull), a small kris, a boomerang, a slingshot and a dagger. having weapons != violent behavior. you can call me sick or insane but i'm not violent
Old 2008-11-01, 05:05   Link #89
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
well i'm not really violent (never even attempted to punch someone) but i own a nunchuk, a souvenir wakizashi (meaning it's dull), a small kris, a boomerang, a slingshot and a dagger. having weapons != violent behavior. you can call me sick or insane but i'm not violent
Now all you need is a princess and a fairy, and you'll be able to go on your adventure .
Old 2008-11-01, 05:14   Link #90
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ami character is as interesting as i expected (even when i hasn't read the manga or novel yet)

But i thought she and the school student president are one, they looks so alike.

Now I really want to see how things going to turn out in Ep 6. *Sigh* How long do we have to wait till then.....
Old 2008-11-01, 06:07   Link #91
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Now all you need is a princess and a fairy, and you'll be able to go on your adventure .
you wouldn't believe if i told you how much i actually want to go on an adventure but i'm only a level 0 adventurer (i don't know how to use any of my weapons )

on topic though, i kinda like ami, she's cute and she strikes me as "cute and kind on the outside, bitchy in the inside, but actually just lost further inside"
Old 2008-11-01, 06:55   Link #92
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
you wouldn't believe if i told you how much i actually want to go on an adventure but i'm only a level 0 adventurer (i don't know how to use any of my weapons )

on topic though, i kinda like ami, she's cute and she strikes me as "cute and kind on the outside, bitchy in the inside, but actually just lost further inside"
When you got to lv 1, found a fairy and a princess, invite me into your party, ok?

I also like to watch Ami most among 3 females character atm. Hard to predict what gonna happen when she's around (she's quite a unique character also)
Old 2008-11-01, 07:18   Link #93
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder why Ami got suspended from her career...That is the biggest thing that bugging me today.
Old 2008-11-01, 09:28   Link #94
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder why Ami got suspended from her career...That is the biggest thing that bugging me today.
My impression was that the notice meant she was taking a break from her modelling to concentrate on her education.

However that might not be what's really going on of course, especially as she's enrolled at a new school and is evidently living alone.

At this rate Toradora and Kannagi are going to end up with the same plot, with rival stroppy and pseudo-nice girls moving in with a boy that they expect to look after them.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-01, 10:07   Link #95
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
My impression was that the notice meant she was taking a break from her modelling to concentrate on her education.

However that might not be what's really going on of course, especially as she's enrolled at a new school and is evidently living alone.

At this rate Toradora and Kannagi are going to end up with the same plot, with rival stroppy and pseudo-nice girls moving in with a boy that they expect to look after them.
first of all, let me get this off my chest... i love your sig

on a serious note though, i think that the charm of toradora and kannagi is not really so much as to what they their plots were but more of how they executed them. and i suppose toradora has 2 guys compared to kannagi's jin plus ryuji doesn't have jin's mad fighting skillz lol
Old 2008-11-01, 13:29   Link #96
LC
Shocking Pink

I gave this episode a 10! I think I enjoyed this episode the most so far. I can't wait to see more of Ami's character.
Old 2008-11-01, 18:40   Link #97
wtfftw

omg Taiga is freaking annoying. Are there actually people who can take so much shit like someone calling you dog all day.

minori Kushieda is freaking hilarious. They should do a spin off about her.
Old 2008-11-01, 18:43   Link #98
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
omg Taiga is freaking annoying. Are there actually people who can take so much shit like someone calling you dog all day.

minori Kushieda is freaking hilarious. They should do a spin off about her.
Actually there is a novel spinoff centered on Minori IIRC
Old 2008-11-01, 19:03   Link #99
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Actually there is a novel spinoff centered on Minori IIRC
for real where lol i need to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 2008-11-01, 20:15   Link #100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.. its a light novel (not a manga) and its written in Japanese. I'm not aware that anyone has translated it yet.