AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 05:19   Link #3261
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

New chapter is out.

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 06:24   Link #3262
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Ah yes, I just read that one too. Man, Ayumu and her brother are terrible at giving advice, makes you wonder how either of them could ever be in a relationship with beliefs like that. What I really can't believe is that Wataru took her advice seriously when he is usually much smarter than that and knows about how much experience she has with love.

Just to put my 2 cents in...Just because we haven't seen Hayate think about Athena before the EotW arc doesn't mean he hasn't dreamed about her before then. It also doesn't mean that he was trying to forget her or that he blocked it out or anything really. It's like on Naruto after the time skip...Naruto and Sakura are pretty normal and can laugh and have a good time, but if you mention Sasuke around them...well it isn't good. So maybe Hayate just had lingering feelings and regrets until somebody actually asked about Athena (since nobody else knew about her for those 10 years to bring it up before) and with nothing to distract him at the time it all comes rushing back to him for us to finally see. As for his feelings for Ayumu and the others, I definitely think that we can't say he ever 'loved' anyone as he seems to find that word important. It's not saying he never had a crush (as he certainly had one on Maria and probably a small one on Hinagiku) but love is in another category all together. Every single girl that he has met since the story started can be considered important to him (hell he'd go out of his way to save Risa, Miki, and even complete strangers, I bet Yukiji may even be somewhat important to him as his teacher) but that doesn't mean he has to have romantic feelings towards them. I'd say Nagi is a subversion of the First Girl Wins rule, Ayumu is the Unlucky Childhood Friend (as the only other way to go is the Victorious Childhood Friend or a childhood friend that isn't in love with the hero) and the others fill various roles from friends and advisers, to possible love interests, to comedy relief, etc. The quirky and varied cast of HnG is part of what makes it awesome, that and the fact that Wataru is basically the only other guy around for any of them to like.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:07   Link #3263
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
While I see words such as "admiration", "like" and "love" thrown around, sometimes I can see it is used to interchange one another, which shouldn't be done at all, as Teleutao rightly pointed out. Here's a breakdown on what I think Hayate's feelings are on the main heroines:

Nagi - Like
Maria - Like
Hinagiku - Admire (only because he thinks she hates him); if not, bordering like.
Izumi - None specific
Ayumu - Like
Athena - Love

As you can see, Athena is the one that he loves at the moment. Whilst he may like the other heroines, it is quite tainted with his good-natured personality and his loyalty still for him to progress forwards with them. I'm not saying he will need to stop being good-natured and loyal, but it is holding him back until he can find a comprimise between his romantic feelings and those aforementioned aspects.

Like and Love are two very different things; although similar they have totally different depths of its meaning. Many things can be interpreted from which one you use, so be careful.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:27   Link #3264
Koroshiya_Kame_13

A breakdown of my impression of Hayate's relationship with the girls.

Nagi- Similar to a sibling relationship (Hayate's perspective).
Maria- Attraction/crush.
Hinagiku- Attraction/admiration.
Ayumu- Attraction.
Izumi- Unknown.
Athena- Love.

Hayate never openly stated that he liked someone apart from Athena's case (if my memory serves me right). His actions and words implies he feels attracted to most of the girls (Maria, Hinagiku & Ayumu), but its still attraction, so it can't really be determined if he likes them romantically. In Nagi's case, I remember that Hayate himself once stated that he's like an older brother constantly worrying about his younger sister (not sure if it's in manga or anime).
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:37   Link #3265
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Oooohhh, me me me!!

Opace version:

Nagi - Like - Kay
Maria - Like - Kay
Hinagiku - Admire (only because he thinks she hates him); if not, bordering like. - Kay
Izumi - None specific - Why? ;_;
Ayumu - Like - Kay
Athena - Love - He sort of contradicted himself when telling Hina. First he said that he loves her, and then he said that he likes her, or that he doesn't know. Which is it Hayata-kun!?

Koroshiya_Kame_13 version:

Nagi- Similar to a sibling relationship (Hayate's perspective). - Kay + Opace
Maria- Attraction/crush. - Crush on her at start, now... he just sees her as a very pretty girl.
Hinagiku- Attraction/admiration. - Dunno if he's in the whole flat chested thing.
Ayumu- Attraction. - Perhaps?
Izumi- Unknown. - Why? ;_;
Athena- Love. - Same as I said above.

I may correct this later, cuz I'm sort of rushing things. Well, gotta run now~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:46   Link #3266
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Well the whole hate from hinagiku thing is a misunderstanding, besides he thinks that way becayse he thinks is impossible for a girl like her to like a boy like him
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:02   Link #3267
Koroshiya_Kame_13

What I meant for attraction in Hinagiku's part is mainly her personailty. Hayate did state that he liked mature ladies, and Hinagiku fitted in this category, since she's similar to Maria.
Hayate appears to be attracted to Ayumu probably cause she's the only "Normal" girl around him. Everything about her is normal and when Nagi asked Hayate what type of girl he preferred, he answered normal.
Not much is shown on Hayate's part on his relationship with Izumi. Sure they kissed once, but that was way back and we all know Hayate gets flustered very easily. Most of the time they are just like normal friends, and even when they do have an intidimate moment together, Hayate just gets flustered, which he does with basically all the girls if he's placed under the same condition. Izumi might have realized she likes Hayate though.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:40   Link #3268
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
What I meant for attraction in Hinagiku's part is mainly her personailty. Hayate did state that he liked mature ladies, and Hinagiku fitted in this category, since she's similar to Maria.
Hayate appears to be attracted to Ayumu probably cause she's the only "Normal" girl around him. Everything about her is normal and when Nagi asked Hayate what type of girl he preferred, he answered normal.
Not much is shown on Hayate's part on his relationship with Izumi. Sure they kissed once, but that was way back and we all know Hayate gets flustered very easily. Most of the time they are just like normal friends, and even when they do have an intidimate moment together, Hayate just gets flustered, which he does with basically all the girls if he's placed under the same condition. Izumi might have realized she likes Hayate though.
No...it's Athena...(Tsundere, Sword skill, Smart, Powerful)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Yeah, felt different really. Made me bawww over poor Hayate and pity him more.

Wait, who hasn't pitied Hayate yet?
Hata him self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
*sigh*

How I wish someone died in HnG...

Hata is no fun... pffff
choose which one you like:
1.Mikado
2.Kotetsu
3.Tama
4.Machina
5.Gilbert
6.no.8
7.Priest
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I won't mind if Hayate and Athena die together in the Royal Garden. Or do I? Well, at least have a child first or else her talents would go to waste...
Agreed, but I prefer them live happily ever after without intervention

My version:

Nagi - Little helper (for paying debt and save his intestines)
Maria - Senior like (Obaa-san?? )
Hinagiku - Admire (only because he thinks she hates him); if not, she will flat rejected
Izumi - who? seriously....is this a joke?
Ayumu - Friend - Love? not a chance
Athena - Love - Definitely, can you imagine some under aged boy work so hard till can buy a ring for a girl if he didn't love her? if you can I will admire your way of thinking about this world, Truly I am
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 09:38   Link #3269
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Why do you think him having developed feelings for someone else would make his realisation about his feelings toward Athena a joke? If you remember, he was interested in getting a girlfriend, even if he had his past with Athena. That's not something new. In fact, it even makes that realisation an even bigger deal, because it'd mean that compared to other girl(s) he may have liked, Athena is the one he really wants to be with (by chapter 239, at the very least).
Its a joke because is laughable to consider him "loved" Ayumu which you are believing. It is a joke because your are using the word "love" so easily for him. If he can loved Ayumu that easily, why taken his official declaration of love to Athena seriously? You don't have to since it is so easy for him to love someone.

About his past with Athena, let it be in the next discussion.
Quote:
Mate, we saw him remember the scene right before he and Athena parted during Sakuya's birthday. And, we also saw him cry and say his "she was right and I was wrong" phrase during the Segawa arc. Those events clearly show he already was aware of what happened 10 years ago.
Those shown how they parted but not how it made him loved her, not how it makes her so important to him, not how he refreshed the feelings of her important to him. And like I said, it DOES not make sense for him to need an "INITIATION "-which we were shown before he dreaming about her- to remember his past with her if he already fully remember what happened between them.
He may remember something about her but it is unarguable that he did not fully remember her because he needed the "We will be together forever" to dream about his past events with her.

Quote:
Yes, he had a crush on Maria and he felt admiration for Hina. Both of them were almost-ideal girls. However, this doesn't apply to Ayumu, since she's fairly normal. In addition, as you've said, Hayate never displayed having a crush on Ayumu

That's why I'm saying what he said/thought during chapter 157 shows he had feelings for her. Again, I'm not saying those feelings are even close to what he feels for Athena, but he did point out/imply that, had his parents not left him with that debt, and if Ayumu had still confessed to him, he may have accepted her feelings.
What is the difference if they are ideals girl or not? They are equally hard to proven not to be "loved," no not hard, but impossible to change the minds of the consistence believers.

I agree that he may go out with Ayumu if she asked him and if the situations were different. Hell, I also believed he will go out with Maria or even Hina had they confessed before the occurrence of his dream about Athena. Yes, he may interested in them, he may liked them more than some other girls, and he may want them to be his girlfriend, but its ridiculous to think he had any feelings known as "love" toward them.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-05 at 10:10.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:11   Link #3270
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Putting feelings aside. I wonder about the confession process.

Nagi - Tsundere = Over 9000 years
Hina - Tsundere = Over 9000 dates
Ayumu - Straightforward = Success on telling feelings, but failed nonetheless
Maria - Confused
Athena - Hmmm, over 9000 kisses before Hayate gets it?

Nah just messin with it. Hayate's pretty much as dense as a rock.
Old 2009-10-05, 10:32   Link #3271
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
While I see words such as "admiration", "like" and "love" thrown around, sometimes I can see it is used to interchange one another, which shouldn't be done at all, as Teleutao rightly pointed out. Here's a breakdown on what I think Hayate's feelings are on the main heroines:

Nagi - Like
Maria - Like
Hinagiku - Admire (only because he thinks she hates him); if not, bordering like.
Izumi - None specific
Ayumu - Like
Athena - Love

As you can see, Athena is the one that he loves at the moment. Whilst he may like the other heroines, it is quite tainted with his good-natured personality and his loyalty still for him to progress forwards with them. I'm not saying he will need to stop being good-natured and loyal, but it is holding him back until he can find a comprimise between his romantic feelings and those aforementioned aspects.

Like and Love are two very different things; although similar they have totally different depths of its meaning. Many things can be interpreted from which one you use, so be careful.
Hayate is a healthy young boy, so I think at least one of the choices should constitute to "sex".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:36   Link #3272
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Hayate is a healthy young boy, so I think at least one of the choices should constitute to "sex".
I see, and one of those choices do have a dominatrix attitude as well. Hayate wouldn't think of it at first, but he might as well be forced to.
Old 2009-10-05, 13:15   Link #3273
Mizuki234

Hayate no Gotoku RAW 243 is out @ raw-paradise...

本当にごめんなさい、私は知りませんでした。

Last edited by Mizuki234; 2009-10-06 at 00:02. Reason: 私は過ちを犯した。
Mizuki234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 13:41   Link #3274
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki234 View Post
Hayate no Gotoku RAW 243 is out at:

<links>

Nice meet you all!
well I only want to remanind you ^^ that putting here links is forbidden by forum rules... so better edit the post and delete it or they might give you a ban for rules breaking >__<

well say where they can find them.... but dont put links ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 13:51   Link #3275
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki234 View Post
Hayate no Gotoku RAW 243 is out at:

http://www.raw-paradise.com/
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=166ECZMU

Nice meet you all!
Nice 2 meet you too, but please spread that link via PM, since it against the rules, not like I never break it anyway (not purposely)
beside your link already spreading be 4, but thanks anyway

WELCOME TO ANIMESUKI FORUM
the place where we can make friends as much as we want
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 15:23   Link #3276
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
choose which one you like:
1.Mikado
2.Kotetsu
3.Tama
4.Machina
5.Gilbert
6.no.8
7.Priest
But they hold no real value (at least not to the fans, otherwise some of them do. Mikado & Machi are a good example).

I choose all of the female cast to die.

All of the young guys can then dress as girls and become traps. They each get a date, and then comes the bed scene.

Guy being dated: .... ....... WAT? ... ... I'M CONFUS- WAIT, WHAT WHY ARE YOU GOING BEHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Hayate's pretty much as dense as a rock.
What type of rock?

Anyway, the new chapter looks cool. Machi with a fucking tail... oh god.. he's starting to outrank the girls already.

Where did Athena go btw? To me it looks like she was startled by him waking up and hid somewhere in a hurry. Lol, under the bed! Or did some time pass between Athena's last scene with him & him waking up?

Koroshiya_Kame_13, in your translation you mentioned that she left. Can you check the raw now that it's out, and confirm if she really left, or if there's a chance that she's nervous, or shy, and is hiding?
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:05   Link #3277
KoroshiyaX
X

Blushing teenager Athena in the latest chapter... cute
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:07   Link #3278
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Does athena had like a spasm on her heart or something!? THE WHOLE ROCKS STUFF AFFECTS HER HEALTH? there is a part where it seemed like her chest was hurting
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:32   Link #3279
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

dere dere Athena is a gift form the heavens
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:48   Link #3280
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I was already seriously considering Machina being a beast/demon rather than a machine, as his very first scene was quite typical of such a character: having trouble learning how to eat with chopsticks.

But now with the extremely childish behavior, and even the foxy attributes...

I cannot help but think of a magically morphed and enhanced Tama. Given how Tama and even Shiranui are depicted, Machina being an cub on which Athena would have cast a spell wouldn't be far-fetched.

Tags
comedy, shounen