AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-06, 06:56   Link #1
ipoopupoop

Any Suggestion........ running out of ideas.

I've watch (or currently) the following

Hajime No ippo, Trigun, Getbackers, Ninja scroll, Onegai Twins/teacher, Prince of Tennis, Peacemaker, Naruto, One Piece, PLANTETES, Full Metal Panic, Kimi ga, Berserk, Fruit Basket, Chobits, Jungle wa, Full metal Alchemist, Love Hina. Grappler Baki. to hearts

any suggestions? Like i'm looking for a long series that will keep my occupied for awhile mostly towards the comedy/drama genre. Something maybe similar to full metal panic fummofu. I don't want outrageous funny....like ebichu or whatever.. something more natural funny. ( Don't know if that make sense.)

If not a comedy. Something about drama that kinda makes you cry or makes you really sad. Kinda like "now and here then and there.. series" If anyone has watched that. Any good drama.

Thanks in advance, any help is good for me.

The Poop.
Old 2004-02-06, 07:23   Link #2
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
try these out

GTO (licensed)
azumanga daioh (licensed)
android ana maico 2010 (not licensed)
Old 2004-02-06, 08:05   Link #3
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoopupoop
any suggestions? Like i'm looking for a long series that will keep my occupied for awhile mostly towards the comedy/drama genre. Something maybe similar to full metal panic fummofu. I don't want outrageous funny....like ebichu or whatever.. something more natural funny. ( Don't know if that make sense.)

If not a comedy. Something about drama that kinda makes you cry or makes you really sad. Kinda like "now and here then and there.. series" If anyone has watched that. Any good drama.
Hikaru No Go got all the things you are looking for.
And strangely Go is NOT a turn off, it's a load of fun. It's a long series too, currently at 75ep (finished) if I remember correctly.

Definitely a must-see.
Old 2004-02-06, 08:42   Link #4
wnkryo
HainShodan

The series your looking for is Great Teacher Onizuka. Here is a quick link to the review I gave it: http://www.boneyjellyfish.com/index.php?showID=151. If that doesn't fill you belly, then try the live action series for GTO. If you still want to see the anime version of the series, it is liscenced, but can still be found in popular programs like
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-06, 10:57   Link #5
Samurai X

A good series that you might like is Cowboy Bebop, which is licensed. If you want something to make you cry check out Saishuuheiki Kanojo, it is probably one of the sadest animes that i believe i have ever watched. Its also liscensed by the way. A good anime thats unlicensed that fits the comedy/drama genre is Maburaho. I've just recently started watching it myself and i've really enjoyed it.
Closed Thread